News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, May 11, 2021, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

I just finished watching SMP II.  The results will be out later in the day.  It is 10:30 a.m. here at my house.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Round 9 Results are up.  Drop Bear Autosport and Helix still hold serve in the table but Kalyara Motorsport is coming.

Race 1 Podium:
1 - A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
3 - Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 2 Podium:
1 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
2 - NAPA Racing Team / CP / Ford Mustang
3 - Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS

Race 3 Podium:
1 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 - Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG

I do not think Mick and Sky News Motorsport has been around to pick up their silverware post race.  I guess we will keep it for him until we run into him again?

Fastest laps:  20 Car, 25 Car, and 88 Car for Races 1, 2, and 3 respectively.  No post-race points penalties per the Stewards Summary.

And for a chuckle, Jack Smith actually decided the tiebreaker for Race 1 for two members!

On to Sydney Motorsport Park Part III!

Kytabu

Loving racing at my home circuit at the moment, five podiums from six! :D
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Thanks for the seamless transition between old and new sites, Mike.

As dedicated as ever, all here at V8CFL are very appreciative!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Helix

yay still holding on by the skin of my teeth, hahaha trickyone with the LDVT60, i actually own one lol

sorry if not ment to post pics of cars

mikeamerica84

Ahh.... pics are more than fine.  I just think Trickyonne has been kicked off of the forum again.  Maybe he can return as "Racer X"?

mikeamerica84

The deadline for roster changes for SMP III has passed.  The Arrow Motorsport and Ain't Care Motorsports have used said option(s).

Rosters are now locked.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I will try and keep pace with the results but they will not be out as promptly as the past two rounds.

Good luck to all!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 12, 2021, 05:14:53 AM
The deadline for roster changes for SMP III has passed.  The Arrow Motorsport and Ain't Care Motorsports have used said option(s).

Rosters are now locked.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I will try and keep pace with the results but they will not be out as promptly as the past two rounds.

Good luck to all!
I off of the pace, men.  Work has me hitting it overtime.  I probably will not get the results out by early Wednesday USA time.  I did watch Race 1 so far, though.

Because of this and the 14+ hour time diff between here and you, I am hereby extending the deadline for team roster changes from the usual Midnight Thursday to MIDNIGHT FRIDAY SYDNEY, NSW time for SMP IV.

Thanks for your patience this week.

mikeamerica84

Round 10 Results are posted (SMP III).

Race 1 Podium:
1 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1 - Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 - Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 3 Podium:
1 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 - Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
3 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

A great round for Drop Bear Autosport as they extend their nearly slim lead over Kalyara Motorsport.

As for the Stewards Summary, all penalties were levied in the races, including a post race time penalty against Car 26 in Race 1. 

For fastest laps ad five bonus points:  Race 1, 2, 3 - Car 11, Car 11, and Car 3 respectively.

Remember, you have until MIDNIGHT FRIDAY SYDNEY, NSW TIME for any roster changes for SMP IV.

See you then!

mikeamerica84

mikeamerica84

Rosters are now locked in for SMP IV.  Good luck to all.

R&K Motorsports and TAA Performance are the only changes.

mikeamerica84

I am going to need about another 24 hours, gents.  It is a little after high noon Monday in Sydney right now.  Thanks for your patience.

mikeamerica84

Round 11 Results are up!  Only one race.  The V8CFL does not recognize Race 2.  This is not F1.  This is not Spa.

Race podium:
1 Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
3 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB

No post race penalties.  All were served during said race.

Next up, Bathurst.

Kytabu

By my maths, with a minimum score of 138 points for 12th place at Bathurst, Helix and Drop Bear Autosport will finish the season with at least 2666 points, which means only myself and Skaifeman can catch him by winning Bathurst. A ninth-place finish or better at Bathurst will secure the title for Helix regardless of what everyone else achieves.

I think the real battle is between myself, Skaifeman and Mike for the runner-up spot!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

I am glad I am within a shout, Kye!  That Helix guy is a tough nut to crack!   ;D

For all who wish to throw a hat in the ring, we'll have the Bathurst 1000 tipping contest coming out in the next couple of days.