News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2023

Started by murph_fan51, January 02, 2022, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

So possibly, Will Brown to DJR, Stanaway to Erebus....

022/07/02/stanaway-could-fill-potential-2023-erebus-vacancy/?fbclid=IwAR2h8UaTNxMYfaCz_KNz95jC30GkalJ2hUcIEHj68eFtUnAfenNg_wJSQ-w

stevo qld

Where would that leave Davison, clearly one of the top five drivers in the championship?

I can not believe that DJR would chuck one of the top drivers for someone who has shown promise, but not great promise, in Supercars.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Quote from: stevo qld on July 02, 2022, 07:06:04 PM
Where would that leave Davison, clearly one of the top five drivers in the championship?

I can not believe that DJR would chuck one of the top drivers for someone who has shown promise, but not great promise, in Supercars.

Why they done it to Fabs

Ospif1

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 02, 2022, 10:47:05 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on July 02, 2022, 07:06:04 PM

Why they done it to Fabs
Fabs never showed genuine promise.  He wasn't even in the same stadium as Scotty.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: REM on July 02, 2022, 05:59:07 PM
....Stanaway to Erebus....

022/07/02/stanaway-could-fill-potential-2023-erebus-vacancy/?fbclid=IwAR2h8UaTNxMYfaCz_KNz95jC30GkalJ2hUcIEHj68eFtUnAfenNg_wJSQ-w
THAT would be entertaining!

AGAIN!   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

Mid year look at next year.

The Top 10 should be really safe where they are:
Van Gisbergen, De Pasquale, Davison, Waters, Mostert, Reynolds, Feeney, Heimgartner, Brodie Kostecki and Slade.

Then we get to the vulnerable drivers:

Holdsworth- he is 11th, but Grove have his replacement already on the books.
Winterbottom- out of contract, but his team boss seems to be a bit reluctant for next year.
Courtney- lucky to be under contract. Waters makes him look like a has-been in a similar car.
Brown- not measuring up to early promise, but I think he will stay with current team.
Percat- lucky to have a contract.
Hazlewood and Le Brocq- Likely to stay at MSR. Part of the problem is team instability.
Pye- if he doesn't have a contract, both he and Winterbottom might exit T18.

Then we get to the drivers that simply aren't up to the standard, but are mostly in the cars through family connection or sponsor dollars:

Jones- isn't really up to Supercar level, but Daddy owns the team. Admittedly, he seems to be improving, but from a low base in previous years.
Fullwood-not performing well, but as long as Middys stick with him, he should be safe.
Jake Kostecki- in a car that is the same as Waters winning car, he is not showing well.
Randle- his mentor Rusty French has sold his share of the team, he may not last. In a car capable of winning, he better get his act together.
Pither- been around for a while and seems to get a seat on the basis of Sponsor dollars. For a 888 refurbished car, he should be doing better.
Smith- I read Daddy gave him 5 years of financial support, which is getting closer to the end. 2023 would be a good time to sell the REC with willing, cashed up, buyers in the market.
Golding is the exception here as he is on a seven race contract to prove himself (and he wilI)

PS" If DJR sell part to a "Strategic Partner:, the status of some drivers will change if the "Strategic Partner" favors another driver of their choice. EG Boost and Stanaway, but the "Strategic " part seems to be missing there.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Just confirming what we already knew, Payne to Grove: https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/07/16/plans-firming-for-2023-grove-supercars-line-up/
And they won't dump Reynolds whilst performing the way he is, in addition to the Penrite deal.

Weird how this rumour of Brown to DJR won't go away. Davison must be the hottest property on the market! Erebus should take him back! Would be a great guide for Kostecki - experience and youth combo.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Wrighty05

Mr Adderton really seems a fan of the youth policy though.

stevo qld

Quote from: Wrighty05 on July 20, 2022, 04:14:02 PM

Yep. he seems to like that young Mr Murphy. ;D

Seriously, i wonder who DJR will take on as a "Strategic Partner. It could have a domino effect.

If Adderton, Davison would surely be replaced due to his youth policy.

I thought of Morris, but he seems to be well respected as a driver coach by many teams and would not want to take sides.

I thought of Rusty French, but I think he was driving speedway in Brisbane when I was a teenager, based at Mitchelton. If it wasn't him, then there must be another Rusty French doing Nasho at Enoggera back then. Either way, he may be ready to retire to his massive car collection. It could have an effect on Thomas Randle who has carried his SkySands support on multiple teams.

It is a puzzle and could really depend on whether the cashed up "Strategic" partner has any driver on his favoured driver list, if any.

I wonder if one of the current topline Super 2 teams could fill the role, and they would do it well.

Personally, I find it very cold here in Brisbane at 11 to 19 degrees C. What team would not want to relocate from 1.2 degree C?
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

Quote from: stevo qld on July 20, 2022, 07:09:30 PM
Quote from: Wrighty05 on July 20, 2022, 04:14:02 PM

Yep. he seems to like that young Mr Murphy. ;D

Seriously, i wonder who DJR will take on as a "Strategic Partner. It could have a domino effect.

If Adderton, Davison would surely be replaced due to his youth policy.

I thought of Morris, but he seems to be well respected as a driver coach by many teams and would not want to take sides.

I thought of Rusty French, but I think he was driving speedway in Brisbane when I was a teenager, based at Mitchelton. If it wasn't him, then there must be another Rusty French doing Nasho at Enoggera back then. Either way, he may be ready to retire to his massive car collection. It could have an effect on Thomas Randle who has carried his SkySands support on multiple teams.

It is a puzzle and could really depend on whether the cashed up "Strategic" partner has any driver on his favoured driver list, if any.

I wonder if one of the current topline Super 2 teams could fill the role, and they would do it well.

Personally, I find it very cold here in Brisbane at 11 to 19 degrees C. What team would not want to relocate from 1.2 degree C?

I don't remember Rusty driving at the Ekka but I know he drove in Victoria.

stevo qld

It may not be the same Rusty.

A friend of mine assisted on the pit crew from Caltex Mitchelton (near Enoggera Army Barracks) and told me that Rusty was from Victoria and was doing Nasho. This would have been the earlier short Nasho.

The car was a Hot Rod Type similar to Peter Dykes and Keith Blikarshi and the Purple Hammond Horror.

Either way he is older than me and I feel very old after another heart Operation on Monday.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Joe5619

Brown & Brodie confirmed as staying at Erebus!

skaifeman

Quote from: Joe5619 on July 30, 2022, 12:49:30 PM

And that's with Boost leaving!
There's been a war of words over this 'ownership' fiasco. Adderton has obviously upset a few of the high ends at RACE.

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/boost-announces-supercars-exit/10345491/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on July 30, 2022, 02:33:43 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on July 30, 2022, 12:49:30 PM

And that's with Boost leaving!
There's been a war of words over this 'ownership' fiasco. Adderton has obviously upset a few of the high ends at RACE.

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/boost-announces-supercars-exit/10345491/

Don't blame them. All Australian motorsport should be working with every category to ensure they have the opportunity for big name drivers to boost the series.

murph_fan51

So where will Boost show up in Supercars next year? Does end of 2019 ring a bell?  ;D
debris debris debris