News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Season

Started by skaifeman, February 03, 2022, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: Troy01505 on February 13, 2022, 06:58:44 PM
I watched some on FTA yesterday along with a few other categories. Was bull**** with the amount of ads!

Is Stan ad free?

I had no issue with the ads... but then again, there were so many safety cars you didn't miss anything...

Plus the bonus of ads is less commentary
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

V8SuperRiley

I tried watching round 1, but it's not appealing to me. There were more laps under caution than actually racing.

Sonic

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on March 03, 2022, 02:27:50 PM
I tried watching round 1, but it's not appealing to me. There were more laps under caution than actually racing.

that was a big negative for the series weekend for a lot of folk it seems... hopefully Phillip Island in a few weeks gives us a lot of racing and minimal interuptions!

TheArrow

21 cars is a good size grid for PI. Hopefully puts on some good racing.

Sonic

Quote from: TheArrow on March 16, 2022, 08:42:32 PM

looking forward to it :) will be there for the weekend giving my camera a good workout!

stevo qld

Funny thing. 21 cars is a good grid, but Supercars is a small grid at 23. ::) :o
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

TheArrow

Quote from: stevo qld on March 16, 2022, 11:03:31 PM

Funny thing. 21 cars is a good grid, but Supercars is a small grid at 23. ::) :o

Supercars is a series with 50+ years of history.

TCR started 3yrs ago (minus 2020 which we don't talk about) and is not an established championship yet.

Huge difference between the two.

Sonic

and as sucky as it is to have a single digit S5000 grid they are still good to watch and capture the imagination... just hope that there does come a time when it really does fire up because it is a good category

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: Sonic on March 19, 2022, 06:00:22 PM

and as sucky as it is to have a single digit S5000 grid they are still good to watch and capture the imagination... just hope that there does come a time when it really does fire up because it is a good category

Give me a 9 car S5000 field over a 21 car TCR field any day.

Sonic

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on March 22, 2022, 05:27:15 PM

think I heard 17 S5000s at the GP in a few weeks. hopefully they put on a good show. IF they can keep it clean I reckon they will be the highlight of the weekend and easily outshine the F1 show.

stevo qld

Quote from: Sonic on March 22, 2022, 06:02:46 PM
[
think I heard 17 S5000s at the GP in a few weeks. hopefully they put on a good show. IF they can keep it clean I reckon they will be the highlight of the weekend and easily outshine the F1 show.

I read recently that Barry Rogers was hinting that the whole S5000 series could be sold overseas if entry numbers did not pick up.
His hint must have worked.

As I recall, there are only 18 chassis made.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Alan59

I'm guessing this may be meant as humour.
Otherwise how would cars lapping 30 seconds a lap slower and driven by people not remotely good enough to be anywhere near a F1 car outshine the Grand Prix?
Especially given the intensity and fantastic racing in F1 over the last year.
Before anyone gets excited about the 17 cars being any sort of marker for later meetings remember there were 20+ F4's at Albert Park in 2019 a few months before the series folded.

Sonic

Quote from: Alan59 on March 22, 2022, 08:08:58 PM

I'm guessing this may be meant as humour.
Otherwise how would cars lapping 30 seconds a lap slower and driven by people not remotely good enough to be anywhere near a F1 car outshine the Grand Prix?
Especially given the intensity and fantastic racing in F1 over the last year.
Before anyone gets excited about the 17 cars being any sort of marker for later meetings remember there were 20+ F4's at Albert Park in 2019 a few months before the series folded.

first up, you'll be able to hear them ;) :P

of course F1 will be what people go to see, they are the 'name' drivers...

it will be interesting to see the actual lap time differences between 2022 F1 and the S5000 cars (and who is driving them?)

as for the comparison between S5000 and F4... there is no comparison other than they both started with very low numbers... the difference is that folk do come to the fenceline when the S5000s are on track.

Alan59

S5000 were slower around Bathurst than F3 was when it competed there so that is a guide.
I have been to 3 meetings where S5000 has been on-not counting Thursday at Albert Park 2020.The overall impression of people I have been with was that the cars are good  but little future for a class that struggles to get grids of double figures in its 4th year.Different impression at Bathurst where everyone thought they were bordering on farcical.
Returning to topic the Phillip Island Speed Series highlights are on GEM tomorrow morning at 10am.What happened to prime time scheduling mentioned in the initial press release?No weekend replay either which was also mentioned in that release.

stevo qld

Quote from: Alan59 on March 22, 2022, 09:18:20 PM
Returning to topic the Phillip Island Speed Series highlights are on GEM tomorrow morning at 10am.What happened to prime time scheduling mentioned in the initial press release?No weekend replay either which was also mentioned in that release.

thanks for the heads up. i have now set the recorder to the rather bland and anonymous "Speed Series".

That
s worth an "Applaud" good point for you. ;D
ALBERT EINSTEIN