News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 09, 2022, 04:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on February 21, 2022, 02:38:40 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 21, 2022, 04:44:38 AM
Well, I have been asked to ensure the pictures are sized to a point where you do not require a slide bar across the bottom of the post, subsequently making the page "wider".  The liveries in question are great, though, I must say.  I have sent a PM to those applicable.
That's tricky as it depends on the screen. I can see images up to ~1450px wide without a slide bar appearing on my computer, while on my phone it's only around 600px.
Ahhh.... do what you can and we will all move on.  I am not a HUGE computer guy.  I am just trying to keep us w/i the ditches.  We're all still good. Thanx for your response, Kye.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

As different from the V8CFL Team Registration, I see with the latest livery releases, Garry Jacobson will be in the 76 car vice the 22 and Chris Pither will be in the 22 vice the 19.

I will adjust the team registration as applicable.  Thank you, PremiAir Racing.   ::)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 21, 2022, 03:47:14 PM
As different from the V8CFL Team Registration, I see with the latest livery releases, Garry Jacobson will be in the 76 car vice the 22 and Chris Pither will be in the 22 vice the 19.

I will adjust the team registration as applicable.  Thank you, PremiAir Racing.   ::)
This has now been accomplished.  Please check your rosters in Group D2 for accuracy.

mikeamerica84

Just a quick lookahead to the first round at SMP - weather permitting:

We have 13 teams so far this year.  We might get more.  If we do we do.

There are three teams that are identical in Groups A, B, and C. 

23    Kalyara Racing Team           Kytabu                  Ford Focus ST V8           11 25  2  9  3 20  55/8   96/76/4       1
25    Ain't Care Motorsports        skaifeman               Holden Commodore ZB        11 25  2  9  3 20  8/55   96/76/4       2
013    TAA Performance               Jetpac-013              Ford Mustang V6TT          11 25  2  9  3 20  26/55  96/76/4       1

Of these three teams, two of them, Kalyara Racing Team and TAA Performance, have the same SVG tip.  So until any of these rosters are changed, the Group D1 tiebreaker will decide the scoring for these two teams - essentially the 55 Car of Kalyara Racing Team and the 26 Car of TAA Performance.  If the SVG tip is not used in a race, for example SVG finishes three places or greater away from the respective tips of all three teams, then Ain't Care Motorsports will make it a three-way Group D1 tiebreaker with their 8 Car.

Remember, the SVG tip is factored into the scoring PRIOR to any tiebreaker.  15, 9, or 3 points will be issued for any tips that score within two places of the tip.

If tied after that, we go to the Group D1 tiebreaker and subsequently the Group D2 tiebreaker if required.  But in the end, the tiebreakers are very important this year.  Heavy emphasis on them.

There are currently no other identical teams with respect to Groups A, B, and C, however that does not negate having to use a tiebreaker, dependent upon final points tally for the race.

Jetpac013

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 02, 2022, 10:31:20 PM
Just a quick lookahead to the first round at SMP - weather permitting:

We have 13 teams so far this year.  We might get more.  If we do we do.

There are three teams that are identical in Groups A, B, and C. 

23    Kalyara Racing Team           Kytabu                  Ford Focus ST V8           11 25  2  9  3 20  55/8   96/76/4       1
25    Ain't Care Motorsports        skaifeman               Holden Commodore ZB        11 25  2  9  3 20  8/55   96/76/4       2
013    TAA Performance               Jetpac-013              Ford Mustang V6TT          11 25  2  9  3 20  26/55  96/76/4       1

Of these three teams, two of them, Kalyara Racing Team and TAA Performance, have the same SVG tip.  So until any of these rosters are changed, the Group D1 tiebreaker will decide the scoring for these two teams - essentially the 55 Car of Kalyara Racing Team and the 26 Car of TAA Performance.  If the SVG tip is not used in a race, for example SVG finishes three places or greater away from the respective tips of all three teams, then Ain't Care Motorsports will make it a three-way Group D1 tiebreaker with their 8 Car.

Remember, the SVG tip is factored into the scoring PRIOR to any tiebreaker.  15, 9, or 3 points will be issued for any tips that score within two places of the tip.

If tied after that, we go to the Group D1 tiebreaker and subsequently the Group D2 tiebreaker if required.  But in the end, the tiebreakers are very important this year.  Heavy emphasis on them.

There are currently no other identical teams with respect to Groups A, B, and C, however that does not negate having to use a tiebreaker, dependent upon final points tally for the race.

Should make for an interesting year then  ;)

May the best team win  ;D

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Jetpac-013 on March 03, 2022, 07:26:03 AM
Should make for an interesting year then  ;)

May the best team win  ;D
Yes it will and yes I agree.  I tweaked my D2 group just now.

mikeamerica84

Team registration is now closed for Round 1 at SMP.  Rosters are locked.

Good luck to all and let us hope the season progresses somewhat close to schedule.

mikeamerica84

Round 1 Results are posted, gentlemen.  Our rookie team of Ecurie Escargot has command of the table.

Race 1 Podium:
1  The Arrow Mazda Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6 GL
2  Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3  R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1  Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Ford Mustang
2  A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Holden Commodore ZB
3  Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX

As for the Stewards Summary, all penalties were assessed during the races so there is no change in points as posted on the series/ website.

Check your points and see if you agree.

Ahhh.... it feels good to be underway, doesn't it guys?   ;D

mikeamerica84

The Symmons Plains Round is approaching - this weekend.  Remember, any and all roster changes must be submitted prior to Midnight Thursday Sydney, NSW time.

A quick review of the rules for roster changes:

A maximum of FOUR car changes (total/year) will be allowed in Groups A through C.

A maximum of TWO reshuffling changes (total/year) will be allowed in Groups D1 and D2.  These are our two tiebreaking groups.

An UNLIMITED number of SVG tip changes for positions 1-24 will be allowed, but only tip one per round.

mikeamerica84

The deadline for Symmons Plains roster changes has passed.  All rosters are now locked in for this round.  There have been no changes.

Good luck to all.  I pretty much have the weekend off so the results will be released quite timely.  I will see you all when we meet on the other side of the checkers.

mikeamerica84

The Tassie Results are posted.  However, I must point out that they are posted "with reserve".  The Supercars website has yet to post any Round 2 results so I gathered the race results from Natsoft.  I posted the Natsoft link at the bottom of the table.

With that, I am now creating a new thread for each round/round results.  This way all can look back and see how the teams have progressed/degressed throughout the season.

The Holden camp of K-Miesta Motorsport, with kennymiesta calling the shots, has assumed the lead in the points after Symmons Plains.  He is a rookie, also.  Ecurie Escargot and stevo qld, our leaders going into Round 2, have slipped to second place.

Race 1 Podium:
1  Pepsi Max Racing / CP / Ford Mustang
2  A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
3  Ecurie Escargot / stevo qld / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1  K-Miesta Motorsport / kennymiesta / Holden Commodore ZB
2  TAA Performance / Jetpac-013 / Ford Mustang V6TT
3  Kalyara Racing Team / Kytabu / Ford Focus ST V8

Race 3 Podum:
1  The Arrow Mazda Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6 GL
2  Pepsi Max Racing / CP / Ford Mustang
3  K-Miesta Motorsport / kennymiesta / Holden Commodore ZB

Note that this round five bonus points were awarded to the driver with the fastest race lap.  That driver had to finish in the Top 15 to get the points.  In Race 1, David Reynolds had fastest lap but finished outside of the Top 15.  In Races 2 and 3, SVG took the points.  However, in the V8CFL, he is not on any roster, only tipped, so the five extra points really did not come into play this round.

No post race penalties were levied by CAMS in the Stewards Summary.

I will keep my ear to the ground for the Supercars website to be updated.  Perhaps our results might change, but I doubt it.  Natsoft is more on the ball than the actual series, IMO.

Next up:  The AGP at Albert Park.  Remember the rules for changing your rosters.  Feel free to exercise said changes should you desire.    Make all changes on the Team Registration thread.

mikeamerica84

The Supercars website is slowly coming about here on Wednesday morning.  They have posted the Race 1 Results from Tassie.  Races 2 and 3 are still AWOL.  I did get the Race 1 Results accurate, thanks to Natsoft.

Just an update.

Kytabu

Honestly, I would just use NatSoft and not bother with the Supercars site. NatSoft results go up within 15 minutes and any penalties are updated promptly. Supercars' results come from NatSoft timing anyway.

Nice to get a podium after a shocking start to the year!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

On a different note, qually for the AGP is Thursday.  Hence all team roster changes must be submitted prior to MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY, Sydney, NSW time.

This is for the AGP round only. 

mikeamerica84

The deadline for AGP team roster changes has passed.  Rosters are locked in.

Good luck to all.