News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 09, 2022, 04:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

A new year it is, men!  Hopefully a good one, too.

Just some notice here that within the week I will be ginning up the 2022 V8CFL groupings and entrance portal.  SVG will be in a class by himself to make the overall choices more proper.  As noted on the Thoughts Thread, he will be used in more of a tipping comp capacity wherein you will have to choose where he finishes per race.  Now this will be tough for that means you will have to note where you are tipping him each round.  If one does NOT notify where they are tipping him, he will be placed in a random tip position by the V8CFL.

I see the sanctioning body has also changed the bonus points awarded for the sprint rounds.  One must now finish in the Top 15 to collect from what I gather.

I am hoping TheArrow can come through with the media centre,

And lastly, there will be no Tournament as in years' past for with the constant changing of the Supercars rounds, as it looks like it will happen again this year, there is no way for the V8CFL to make a proper schedule.

Hope to see all back and maybe some new members enroll.  Our 2021 Champion Helix is welcoming all comers!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

All sounds good Mike!
Love the idea around SVG - great suggestion Kye.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

2022 season has officially been launched.  Please read the rules.  We have an SVG tipping portion of the V8CFL this year.

Also, I took the liberty of "assuming" the numbers of Pither, Fullwood, and Heimgartner.  If they change, I will change the signup/rules accordingly.

Bring a friend to the 2022 campaign, men!

TheArrow

I'm not going to bother with a livery of the year competition this year, I'm just going to hand the prize to Kye. That wins hands down.

mikeamerica84

Thanks for ginning up the Media Centre, Arrow. 

One thing I realized is that when the first round hits in March, I am scheduled to be at work all weekend long!  What a kick in the jimmies.  I'll do my best to produce the goods as quickly as I can, however I still planning on watching quallies, shootouts, and races first.

mikeamerica84

A PM question came up with respect to the SVG Tipping portion of the 2022 V8CFL:

"I've read the rules and I'm not totally sure I understand the purpose?  Are members tipping where he will place for the round overall?"

I have added a clarification in the Rules thread.

Good question.  Glad it was asked.  Do not hesitate to inquire with V8CFL Headquarters, located in SW Michigan.  As I look out my window tonight, the wind is blowing hard and the snow is blasting sideways.

Helix

Quote from: TheArrow on February 18, 2022, 07:00:35 PM
I'm not going to bother with a livery of the year competition this year, I'm just going to hand the prize to Kye. That wins hands down.

That livery by Kye this year is insane, i actually think that's probably one of the best I've seen full stop any year.

Helix

Just a general question tho, in the media section or i guess for any section, has the 800x800 pic limit been changed on this forum design?

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Helix on February 19, 2022, 02:31:20 PM
Just a general question tho, in the media section or i guess for any section, has the 800x800 pic limit been changed on this forum design?
No idea.  I say just keep posting until laser or LG tells you that you have stepped over the touch line.

Maybe The Arrow knows?  He is in charge.  Yeah.  Ask him!

skaifeman

Quote from: Helix on February 19, 2022, 02:31:20 PM

I believe it has. Not sure on the new limit.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

I shot a PM to LG and laser to get the call on this picture size question, men.  We'll go with what they say.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 20, 2022, 01:58:49 AM
I shot a PM to LG and laser to get the call on this picture size question, men.  We'll go with what they say.
800 megapixels is the max expected limit to abide by, gents.

formerlyHolden51

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 20, 2022, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 20, 2022, 01:58:49 AM
800 megapixels is the max expected limit to abide by, gents.

are we still in 2006? haha

mikeamerica84

Well, I have been asked to ensure the pictures are sized to a point where you do not require a slide bar across the bottom of the post, subsequently making the page "wider".  The liveries in question are great, though, I must say.  I have sent a PM to those applicable.

As for 2006... I wasn't here back then.  I only got involved in late 2007 when the internet allowed me to watch Supercars flag-to-flag.  My first race was one in Bahrain.  I remember it well.  Prior to that it was a race weekend crammed into a one hour time slot here in the States.  Man, am I glad THOSE days are long gone.   ;D

Kytabu

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 21, 2022, 04:44:38 AM
Well, I have been asked to ensure the pictures are sized to a point where you do not require a slide bar across the bottom of the post, subsequently making the page "wider".  The liveries in question are great, though, I must say.  I have sent a PM to those applicable.
That's tricky as it depends on the screen. I can see images up to ~1450px wide without a slide bar appearing on my computer, while on my phone it's only around 600px.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"