News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

It should come to a pont where they stop interviewing ex Prime Ministers, they add no real value, their opinions are always biased
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

I wonder if Bob Brown will organise another rally to help the LNP win seats in Central Qld. like he did last time.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

I saw a sitting Federal Liberal MP from one of the NSW flood ravaged area's on the ABC news this morning absolutely shyte canning Morrison. She is resigning at next election and won't be voting Liberal

WOW, can it get any worse for Morrison. I have never ever seen anything like this before.

Labor must be loving it

PHARK IT!!!!!

Alan59

Quote from: Trevor on April 05, 2022, 11:39:36 AM
I saw a sitting Federal Liberal MP from one of the NSW flood ravaged area's on the ABC news this morning absolutely shyte canning Morrison. She is resigning at next election and won't be voting Liberal

WOW, can it get any worse for Morrison. I have never ever seen anything like this before.

Labor must be loving it
She was outraged because when federal aid was announced for the Northern Rivers flood zones the areas that were in seats held by the Coalition got money but if you were in a area covered by a Labor held seat you got no money.Punishment for voting Labor.
Something similar happened in the NSW Covid lockdowns.In Penrith Council area if you were in the part that was in the Liberal held state seat you were spared hard lockdown but if you were literally across the other side of Northern Road in a Labor held state seat you were put into hard lockdown.Punishment for voting Labor.
It is the way they think and the way they act.

stevo qld

Dastardly fellow that Morrison (allegedly).

Yet, the polls have shown him consistently favoured ahead of Albanese as PM.

The absolute worst that could happen for Morrison would be for Professor van Oselin and the ABC opinionators (not Antony Green) suddenly stop telling the Australian public that Labor will win, just like they did last time. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on April 05, 2022, 03:10:54 PM

Yet, the polls have shown him consistently favoured ahead of Albanese as PM
not sure what polls you are reading but the one publicised show them eithrr head and head or Albo slightly ahead

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on April 05, 2022, 03:29:22 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on April 05, 2022, 03:10:54 PM

Yet, the polls have shown him consistently favoured ahead of Albanese as PM
not sure what polls you are reading but the one publicised show them eithrr head and head or Albo slightly ahead

Talking about Leader vs Leader, not Party vs Party.

I have looked at The Guardian Essential poll, The Poll Bludger, Newspoll, Australian financial Review.

The point I was attempting to make is that if Morrison is SO bad, why do more voters polled, even if only a small margin, show him ahead.

If the bad press about Morrison was either true or believed true by the polled voters, then the squeeky clean Albanese should be massively ahead, yet trails the 2pp ALP vote by a big margin.

I find the election swings and roundabouts interesting, and, in particular, the sudden entry of vocal complainants who have sat on the grievances for more than a decade and suddenly remember just when the media are prepared to splash their allegations about, just before an election. (on both sides)  :o ::)
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

I foresee a 'Howard' or 'Abbott' outcome for Morrison. Not only will the Libs lose the election but Morrison will lose his seat. He is more on the nose than even Whitlam was

PHARK IT!!!!!

Alan59

I have no confidence ,only hope , that the Coalition will be thrown out.
Remember in 2019 bookmakers we're paying out on a Labor win 10 days before the election and even the exit polls showed Labor winning.Later analysis showed there was a "shy" Coalition voter-people who were going to vote for the Coalition but wouldn't admit to it.
Currently the only groups where the Coalition is ahead are retirees and Queenslanders.They have to find another group that are fiercely resistant to the prospect of any type of change and then convince them that they can stop it.

CP

Then you have ScoMo hand selecting who he wants in pre selections too.

He'll get back in. Sadly there are enough rusted ons who always vote for the same party, because their parents did and their parents did.

Likewise, the Nats, but a lot of farmers still think that because they wear Akubras and RMs, they relate to them.

Also, you have those that think Labor are evil bastards that are infiltrated by the Russians/North Koreans/Chinese/ Satanists/Lizard people and think that they'll ruin the nation as soon as they win the election, despite being in opposition for nigh on ten years.

Sonic

biggest problem as I see it (my view only) really is who the hell DO you vote for?

both sides aren't worth spitting on... choose which type of cancer you want for the country :(

I do not see one even half decent option and, regardless of who gets in, we'll just keep on wandering down the same road with little deviations depending on which party is in office screwing over this nation/state/council.

we are screwed.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Alan59

Quote from: Sonic on April 06, 2022, 03:48:04 PM
biggest problem as I see it (my view only) really is who the hell DO you vote for?

both sides aren't worth spitting on... choose which type of cancer you want for the country :(

I do not see one even half decent option and, regardless of who gets in, we'll just keep on wandering down the same road with little deviations depending on which party is in office screwing over this nation/state/council.

we are screwed.
That's why my personal choice would be an independents balance of power in a Labor government.The Windsor/Oakshott version actually worked well in practice unless you are part of the Coalition Born To Rule Supporters Club.
My action priorities are climate change (the independents would force Labor to backtrack on its support for the fossil fuel crowd) and anti corruption (Helen Hayes has a piece of legislation ready to go).The third thing is the inter generational theft involved in the outrageous tax treatment of investment in residential properties.No one has the guts to threaten the Great Australian Housing Ponzi Scheme so that obscenity will go untouched forever regardless of who is in government.

Trevor

Quote from: Alan59 on April 06, 2022, 04:03:14 PM
The third thing is the inter generational theft involved in the outrageous tax treatment of investment in residential properties. No one has the guts to threaten the Great Australian Housing Ponzi Scheme so that obscenity will go untouched forever regardless of who is in government.
Are you talking about 'negative gearing'?

If you are then a few facts are in order.
1. Renters determine the rent they pay - you have to think about that - IF I had a rental property and set the rent too high then it would be sitting empty and I would lose the benefits of having a rental property
2. 80% of rental properties are owned by 'mum and dad' investors, not some big multi-national
3.Why are 'mum and dad' investors buying houses?  That is easy, my generation has been told by consecutive Governments that aged pension is not sustainable - through no fault of their own, they (baby boomers) were born into an era where their parents bred like rabbits. So what was the advice when told there might not be a pension?  Invest in property!!!!! and that is what they did, now they are being criticised for it.

I think negative gearing should stay, but under the model proposed by Shorten's last attempt at Government, it only applies to new builds, not buying existing houses - you have to think about that

and all this should be taken to a different thread

PHARK IT!!!!!

madbugger

I can't understand all the hate for negative gearing. Someone has to provide housing for renters (public housing), there are 2 options, 1, the government or 2 private investors.

If there were no private investors to do this then there would be very little housing available for rent as the government is NOT going to provide the amount of housing that is required.

IF you want private investors to provide the housing that the Government can't , then you need to give them a little bit of an incentive to do so. The cost to the country in loss of revenue from negative gearing incentives would be a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of the Government having to own and maintain the vast amounts of properties that would be needed to replace all those privately owned rentals.

This would then mean a further reduction to all the other services that the Government is not providing adequately to now.

Anyone who wants to see an end to negative gearing should think long and hard about what they wish for, it may just bite them very hard on the bum if they get what they wish for.

NB. I don't now and have never owned a negative geared property.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.