News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

Corrected.

In other reports, this was incorrectly attributed to Zoe Daniel, a long time ABC journalist and now independent candidate.

QuoteSenior campaign operatives for independent Zoe Daniel have publicly called for Jewish advocacy groups to "shut up" and have compared Scott Morrison with Adolf Hitler.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/independent-zoe-daniels-campaign-organisers-compare-scott-morrison-to-hitler/news-story/5aaf868b8ae5552214f421208958577c

Regardless of your opinion of Morrison, a comparison to Hitler is way over the top.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

I live in a blue ribbon 'right' seat, it has mostly been held by the Nationals, but we had a long stint recently of a Liberal who held the seat

This election has turned into a 3 way battle, a Nat, a Lib and an Independent.  I know the Independent reasonably well, I reckon he has a good shot of getting up.  I know the Nats are nervous as the sitting member (a Nat) is retiring and his selected replacement is not that well known. 

There was a bit in the Fin Review about it - https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/independent-has-nationals-worried-about-one-of-their-safest-seats-20220405-p5aax6?fbclid=IwAR3y3NX4697VXeTDkgV5vfLzLoci2pJ_KYnhZXDEJ2voi8BAp_sOcZG_kxI
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Ospif1

As long as the intellectual level of Aussies doesn't reduce to the level of the Clive Palmer vote, we'll be ok.

LG

Quote from: Trevor on April 08, 2022, 06:14:35 AM
I live in a blue ribbon 'right' seat, it has mostly been held by the Nationals, but we had a long stint recently of a Liberal who held the seat

This election has turned into a 3 way battle, a Nat, a Lib and an Independent.  I know the Independent reasonably well, I reckon he has a good shot of getting up.  I know the Nats are nervous as the sitting member (a Nat) is retiring and his selected replacement is not that well known. 

There was a bit in the Fin Review about it - https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/independent-has-nationals-worried-about-one-of-their-safest-seats-20220405-p5aax6?fbclid=IwAR3y3NX4697VXeTDkgV5vfLzLoci2pJ_KYnhZXDEJ2voi8BAp_sOcZG_kxI

Apart from Littleproud, the sitting member,the people of Maranoa have no idea who else is going to run. It leaves very little time to do any due diligence on the hopefuls. Mind you, he got over 70% of the vote last time.

Trevor

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 08, 2022, 06:41:29 AM
As long as the intellectual level of Aussies doesn't reduce to the level of the Clive Palmer vote, we'll be ok.
100% agree - there is a video (comical one) doing the rounds on FB that shoots all their claims in the foot

PHARK IT!!!!!

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on April 07, 2022, 10:56:57 PM
Corrected.

In other reports, this was incorrectly attributed to Zoe Daniel, a long time ABC journalist and now independent candidate.

QuoteSenior campaign operatives for independent Zoe Daniel have publicly called for Jewish advocacy groups to "shut up" and have compared Scott Morrison with Adolf Hitler.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/independent-zoe-daniels-campaign-organisers-compare-scott-morrison-to-hitler/news-story/5aaf868b8ae5552214f421208958577c

Regardless of your opinion of Morrison, a comparison to Hitler is way over the top.

Definitely,  Hitler, all for the wrong reasons rebuilt a broken country. Morrison is a failed used car salesman crippling our country.
Ford Faithful

Alan59

Quote from: stevo qld on April 07, 2022, 10:56:57 PM
Corrected.

Standard Murdoch lie.Don't worry it will get a lot worse between now and the election.

CP

It's finally been called for the 21st.

Now they can actually start campaigning.

Sonic

Quote from: CP on April 10, 2022, 10:53:28 AM
It's finally been called for the 21st.

Now they can actually start campaigning.

Well I'll be voting early... Supercars at Winton that weekend.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

and Top Fuellers at Heathcote - still deciding which one to attend, at this stage Heathcote is leading the way

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

just hope Albo makes no mistakes as SloMo will make heaps

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

NEWSPOLL LATEST
If an election were held today, based on the two-party preferred vote

53% Labor
47% Liberal
Apr 10, 2022

Who would make the better PM?

Anthony Albanese, Labor -3%, 39%

Scott Morrison, Liberal +1%, 44%

Uncommitted 17%
Apr 10, 2022
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Alan59

Quote from: Trevor on April 11, 2022, 05:51:07 AM
just hope Albo makes no mistakes as SloMo will make heaps
Today not knowing the unemployment rate and cash rate wasn't a good start.
Free advice.He should also know figures for fixed and variable home loans,levels of payment for social security benefits and income tax rates at different income levels.
Figures like that should be stapled to his brain.
In the next 7 weeks platitudes won't cut it.

meha

Yep, the election has now been called. I apparently live in a marginal seat that the media thinks will be one of the keys to who will win the election. To be honest we have a federal member who I have never met and never seen at any event. Although he is a farmer and ex military so he certainly appeals to the liberal voters. As for the Labor candidate I can tell you that he is a local council member, and a VET teacher but beyond that there is very little known about him unless you live in his council area (I do not).

Basically, it comes down to a member who has been in since 2019 and done little, but then is only just getting started, against a candidate who few will of heard of. The idea that the mainstream media is trying to promote is Morrison v Albanese which is irrelevant to me. If anything the last few years has taught us is that neither of them will probably be there for the full term anyway.

However, for me the importance of this election will be the polling station with the best sausage sizzle, the best cake stall and that may well get my vote on election day.  :P :P

Ospif1

Another election which will be won based on the greed of people unable to look further than 6 months into the future at the substantial cost to future generations.

It'll never cease to amaze me how much conservatives hate their own children and grandchildren