News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan59

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 11, 2022, 06:38:29 PM
Another election which will be won based on the greed of people unable to look further than 6 months into the future at the substantial cost to future generations.

It'll never cease to amaze me how much conservatives hate their own children and grandchildren
This 100%.

Trevor

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 11, 2022, 06:38:29 PM
Another election which will be won based on the greed of people unable to look further than 6 months into the future at the substantial cost to future generations.

It'll never cease to amaze me how much conservatives hate their own children and grandchildren
what has astounded me, and I am surprised that the ALP hasn't run with it, is that this Government got in on the back of the 'BUDGET EMERGENCY'a and yet have increased our debt by 7 times into the $trillions with little to show for it - of course they will use the excuse of 'COVID', we guess what? Kevin 07 had the 'GFC'.  This mob had us in serious debt long before 'COVID'.  And this bunch of phonies are calling Labor out for their financial ability - what a bunch of losers they are

They are incompetent, their leader is incompetent, their treasurer is incompetent, their health minister is incompetent, their defence minister is incompetent, their water minister is incompetent, the deputy PM is beyond incompetent.  About the only one that seems to have some competence is the Foreign Minister

Interestingly, the local advertising for the NP person running does not include a picture of Barnaby Joyce, it has other notable Nats, but Littleproud and Joyce are not on there

AlbertM

Nah, the MSM aren't biased at all  ;)
Ford Faithful

Trevor

so so true - Sky have been having a field day with it

CP

Quote from: Trevor on April 13, 2022, 05:24:45 AM
so so true - Sky have been having a field day with it

Today's big topic was that the ABC are biased towards a Labor.

Do we really have to vote this election?

Aparrently we didn't have to that during the last election as ScoMo was brought to power through prayer and devine intervention.

Trevor

I subscribe to Media Watch with Paul Barry on FB, every so often he does little snippets of news worthy bits, these are called 'Media Bites' - they are great, you don't get to see them on TV - here is his latest - sorry if you don't have FB

Warning, there is some criticism of the most biased news reporting in Australia, yes FOX (oops sorry Sky, or is that Murdoch)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=comet_rhc_widget&t=223&v=515978596588950

stevo qld

Media Watch was once a rather good show.

Under Paul Barry, it has degenerated considerably, and now vies for "The most biased TV show in Australia".

Just Sky and ABC, two opposites biased in different directions.

Sky is privately owned and can do what it likes, even support Labor e.g. Kevin Rudd, at the time. I don't watch it either.

The ABC charter is that shows should be even handed and Paul Barry and his expensive large team of assistants are not.

Paul forgets that the ABC is media too. Maybe he should try criticising some of the ABC muck raking shows, that can be as bad as anything on the commercial channels.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

maybe you should watch it more, even on the link I provided, he bags the ABC all the time, even in that video

YOUR biases are hanging out 'ol mate

LG

Quote from: Trevor on April 14, 2022, 09:43:44 AM
maybe you should watch it more, even on the link I provided, he bags the ABC all the time, even in that video

YOUR biases are hanging out 'ol mate

He's not the only one   ;)

Now stick to the posts thanks.  :)

stevo qld

I find it strange that there are people with a lean to one side in politics who consider anyone without that same lean as biassed.  ::)

May I clearly state that I am a cenralist (to coin a term) and abhor extremist comments of the left and of the right, including TV programs and opinionated talking heads on TV and their equivalent in the print media.

So I no longer bother with muck raking programs from either side.

Since this string has been reduced to member denigration, I withdraw from it, for a while at least.

May the 20% or so of Australian voters not in safe seats make a wise decision and I will live with it. It will likely be my last Fed election anyway.

However, I find that the REALLY interesting contest is the Senate election run at the same time and will be following it with great interest.

(particularly Federal funding for dementia care and invalid care.  ;D )
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

So being a centralist means you don't take in wide view points to form a bigger picture - cool

coyote302

Quote from: Trevor on April 15, 2022, 08:04:58 PM
So being a centralist means you don't take in wide view points to form a bigger picture - cool

Instead of the personal attacks how about you try using facts to argue you point of view?
I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Trevor

Quote from: coyote302 on April 16, 2022, 06:29:25 PM
Instead of the personal attacks how about you try using facts to argue you point of view?
you mean like you and he did?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

coyote302

Quote from: Trevor on April 17, 2022, 05:07:56 AM
Quote from: coyote302 on April 16, 2022, 06:29:25 PM
you mean like you and he did?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok show me where I used a personal attack?
I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Trevor

Please keep up, he mentioned lack of facts, I was purely saying you don't provide them