News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ospif1

Quote from: CP on May 02, 2022, 11:15:01 AM
Is it just me, or has there been very little in the way of election ads so far?
I dunno,

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM

Trevor

Never ever in the 42 years of living in this electorate have I seen Party bosses pledging money, 2 substantial announcements in the last week from the Nats, the bastards are nervous
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Not at all - they are dinosaurs  >:(

PHARK IT!!!!!

Ospif1

Trevor

as I said they are dinosaurs, and thankfully they will be soon extinct

Polling yesterday seems the ALP are still going to win

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Without entering the online V8 Central debate, I have now voted by post, as appropriate for an elderly person.

I have been very, VERY unimpressed with schoolboy standard (sorry schoolperson) alleged debating and rhetoric for BOTH PM candidates (and by the media shouting rabble at press conferences).

Fortunately neither of them are contesting my electorate.

Parties are paid from the taxpayer money pool only (or so I understand)  if they get a certain percentage of the primary vote.

As per usual practice, I gave my primary vote to a candidate that has absolutely no chance of reaching that threshold, thus keeping the taxpayer dollars with the Government, then voted for my choice who wont get the cash handout.

On examination, I surmised that my individual vote, either way, would have negligible effect in a seat wit a 7.4% margin.

Then I looked at the Senate. There are 6 seats up for grabs and the ALP and LNP will each each easily get 2 of the first 4.The fifth seat will probably go to the Greens.

so, in reality, the only seat that I can meaningfully influence is the sixth seat.

Chances are, this will be contested by the LNP third candidate, PHON and UAP and that trio order is where I cast my meaningful vote.

It is interesting that electors need only vote for 6 groups or parties above the line, so many votes will have been extinguished before it gets to the sixth seat contest.

PS: The PHON candidate is Pauline herself.

The UAP candidate is Clive himself.

PPS: I am not a fan of Clive but it would be much more interesting for the next years of my life if Clive sits in the Senate with a minority government in the House of Reps.

PPPS (or whatever): The Senate is where it gets REALLY interesting. The House of Re[ps will still be hamstring regardless of whether Tweedledumb or Tweedle-even-Dumber is the PM>

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

madbugger

Quote from: stevo qld on May 12, 2022, 10:41:10 PM
Without entering the online V8 Central debate, I have now voted by post, as appropriate for an elderly person.

. . . . . . .

PS: The PHON candidate is Pauline herself.

The UAP candidate is Clive himself.

PPS: I am not a fan of Clive but it would be much more interesting for the next years of my life if Clive sits in the Senate with a minority government in the House of Reps.

PPPS (or whatever): The Senate is where it gets REALLY interesting. The House of Re[ps will still be hamstring regardless of whether Tweedledumb or Tweedle-even-Dumber is the PM>

It seems you have really sat down and thought meaningfully about how you want your vote to count, rather than just vote along party lines (whichever party that is).

Doesn't matter which side of politics you sit on, or which party you support, what matters is that your vote has been well thought out based on the things that are important to you.

Well done.

I see the senate being a lot more important this time around as I think Labor will probably end up with a reasonable majority and they will need to have some kind of oversight as I'm still not sold on Albos economic credentials.

Unfortunately is seems like a race to the bottom with the 2 leaders the Libs and Labor have chosen to represent them, I can't find a single politician amongst the current crop that I would want to sit down with and have a bourbon, feed or chat with.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

Things have got ugly in my electorate, the Nationals are getting very desperate - this is the 2nd most Blue Ribbon Nats seat in Australia, there is a great Independent running and the Nats have been caught breaking Australian Electoral Commission rules

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-13/aec-probes-nationals-robocall-targeting-nicholls-independent/101061124?fbclid=IwAR17QCzvmbdYJkHL3YSntexTzlQAZMI7GRt1BvfsHcsh3J7Zm7Y5oKYwwk4

PHARK IT!!!!!

CP

One of the promises if ScoMo is re elected is that he'll change his leadership style.

That's something you'd expect out of the mouth of a school captain candidate, not a current PM.

I suppose in the next few days, there will be promises of ice cream days, and roller coasters on top of schools.

Trevor

He is desperate, he needs to go

Interestingly ABC News Regional just ran a story on my electorate on TV, see iView if you want to see it

We voted this morning

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

CP

Is it just me or does ScoMos Super House Buying promise only work on paper?

How many would actually be in a position to withdraw their Super to buy their first house, especially after you could withdraw it to get through all the lockdowns?

Sonic

Quote from: CP on May 17, 2022, 11:39:08 AM
Is it just me or does ScoMos Super House Buying promise only work on paper?

How many would actually be in a position to withdraw their Super to buy their first house, especially after you could withdraw it to get through all the lockdowns?

And that is a pretty useless offer to the recently single blokes/gals after a divorce and lost the house...

I had a house once... his offer is a piece of ****e to me.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

how many young first home buyers are gonna have up to $50k in their Super - if they have that much they probably don't need access to some dodgy Government scheme to access it

I am at the age when I could consider 'down-sizing'. It is not a new scheme, we could always put up to $100k each into our Super by down-sizing'

So, IF I decide to downsize, I sell my house which frees it to a "first home buyer" we then buy something 'smaller' (less value) like a Unit - which then stops a "first home buyer" buying said Unit - it is just a bull-sh!t merry-go-round

Which WILL, without doubt, increase the prices of property, their own person called it out and they are right.  As long as there is demand there will ALWAYS be an increase

More land and more houses is the only way to 'decrease' prices and demand

Also understand there are some big name players in the land development field, they buy the land then hold it until demand goes through the roof, they develop it and sell the land for squilions.  For one big name builder it is their biggest source of income, building houses is only small part of this 'big builders' portfolio.  They also develop shopping centres like Westfield

We have BIG players controlling the land - we are ****ed, they will do whatever to increase their profits - they don't give a **** about you, me, first home buyers, Government etc

PHARK IT!!!!!