News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Good to see fuel prices drop, won't be too happy when the excise goes back on soon, but the taxpayers pocket is only so deep
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

It's just a pity he didn't let some of the people who he took the portfolios off know that he was doing it.  Of course the idiot is going to defend what he did, he doesn't know how to be humble and admit he was wrong

Surely the Governor General is accountable for some of this?  He is isn't the best we have ever had - doing ads for TV etc

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on August 09, 2022, 05:25:22 AM
Good to see fuel prices drop, won't be too happy when the excise goes back on soon, but the taxpayers pocket is only so deep

Our fuel price dropped from $1.59 to $1.96, a negative drop.

The constant rubbishing of the previous government gives the current government no credit.

Morrison was tried and sentenced to replacement at the last election. It all seems a bit of double jeopardy.

Albo, show us how well you can do the job, not how badly the previous mob did it. That is why you are the Prime Minister.

PS: It the ALP had had a worthwhile leader at the previous election, Morrison would have been gone as PM years ago.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on August 17, 2022, 08:07:35 AM
Our fuel price dropped from $1.59 to $1.96, a negative drop.
still dropping here

Quote from: stevo qld on August 17, 2022, 08:07:35 AMThe constant rubbishing of the previous government gives the current government no credit.
of course no incoming Government ever shyte bags the outgoing do they, Abbott made an art of it

Quote from: stevo qld on August 17, 2022, 08:07:35 AMMorrison was tried and sentenced to replacement at the last election. It all seems a bit of double jeopardy.
all corruption needs to be called out, he is still a sitting member of Parliament - he needs to just **** off, he is an anchor around the Liberals ankles, which, by the way, is fine by me

Quote from: stevo qld on August 17, 2022, 08:07:35 AMAlbo, show us how well you can do the job, not how badly the previous mob did it. That is why you are the Prime Minister.
oh, so you expect miracles in 5 minutes eh?  You do understand how Australian Government works don't you?

Quote from: stevo qld on August 17, 2022, 08:07:35 AMPS: It the ALP had had a worthwhile leader at the previous election, Morrison would have been gone as PM years ago.
you go crook about Albo looking backwards and here you are looking a long way back, like about 10 years back - it is such an irrelevant point I don't even know why I am replying

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

A law unto himself.  He is just not a team player and obviously trusts no-one.  I bet they are glad they got rid of him

It seems that Berejiklian's, Joyce's and Tame's opinion and summation of him is holding water and is spot on

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

just watching to idiot on TV and I am just getting angry

So he tried to turn a democracy into an autocracy - Vladimir Putin #2 - all the power sits with one person.  This is absolutely unprecedented in Australia

That ol' fossil John Howard is continuing to defend the undefensible

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

The previous election was a shoehorn in for the ALP. Virtually all the credible commentators wrote or spoke so, and the ABC, of course.

The Coalition was on the nose they said and would surely be swept from office.

So, the Australian public, who clearly wanted to change, were put off by the ALP leader Bill Shorten. The Australian voters had a choice of two duds and they voted that Shorten was the most dud.

Effectively, all the trouble and strife and misdemeanors, and all the other complaints would not have happened if Labor had gone to the election with an acceptable leader who would then have been PM for that three years.

It is all Shorten's fault, and the people who made him leader.  ;D ;D ::) ::) :P

I had high hopes for Albo, and I wish he would just move on. He is PM, not a commentator.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on August 17, 2022, 01:37:53 PM
I had high hopes for Albo, and I wish he would just move on. He is PM, not a commentator.
Albo has moved on, the new government has moved on, and Australia has moved on. The recent election is already history, but this revelation that Morrison had secretly given himself a stack of ministerial portfolios only came to light a few days ago and is being dealt with. The outrage from within his own party and his Coalition partners should prove to anyone that it's not Albo beating up the past - and how's this for putting beyond all doubt that Morrison is a compulsive liar?

(This was the morning after Morrison admitted to secretly giving himself three portfolios.)
Ben Fordham: "Are there any other portfolios that you took control over?"
Scott Morrison: "Not to my recollection, Ben."
;D ;D ;D

Scott Morrison wants us to believe that only a year ago he decided to add Treasury and Home Affairs to his collection - but he doesn't recall doing that. He contacted the GG and went out to Yarralumla (again) to be sworn in as Treasurer and Minister for Home Affairs and didn't tell any of his Cabinet colleagues. He spent his remaining time as PM with those five extra portfolios, but he doesn't remember becoming Treasurer and Minister for Home Affairs. I mean, that's pretty out there by anyone's standards. The funny thing is that only a day later, that lie came to light too. Even Peter Dutton has finally admitted today that Morrison was way out of line.

I'm sure Albo has better things to deal with than a defeated, lying, former PM, and he's working hard on those better - and more important things.   

Trevor

Albo doesn't need to dig the liar a grave, he has done that all on his own and now his Party members will kick the dirt in

And Albo gets to enjoy the Libs own goal and doesn't need to say or do anything

Although I reckon a review of the Governor General powers would be in order so none of this secret squirrel **** can happen again

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Interesting snippet on the ABC, no friend of Scott Morrison,  suggests that the idea for the backup ministerial swearing in was suggested by and documents produced by the then Attorney General, one Charles Christian Porter, widely discredited for a number of reasons, and moved on.

No person, either in the Government or Media has been able to produce any suggestion that the move was in any way illegal or corrupt or un-constitutional
It was however poor form, if it was due to the covid crisis, not to advise the individual ministers concerned.

But, we, the Australian Voters, collectively have already sacked Scott from the position of PM.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on August 18, 2022, 07:44:28 PM
It was however poor form, if it was due to the covid crisis, not to advise the individual ministers concerned.
Extremely poor form, even if it was due to the Covid crisis - and we have to take Scott Morrison's word on that, so it almost certainly was not. 

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on August 18, 2022, 07:44:28 PM
Interesting snippet on the ABC, no friend of Scott Morrison,  suggests that the idea for the backup ministerial swearing in was suggested by and documents produced by the then Attorney General, one Charles Christian Porter, widely discredited for a number of reasons, and moved on.

No person, either in the Government or Media has been able to produce any suggestion that the move was in any way illegal or corrupt or un-constitutional

But, we, the Australian Voters, collectively have already sacked Scott from the position of PM.
it wouldn't surprise me if Porters fingerprints were all over it

We may have sacked his Party from Government, but when you do numbers 2 in the toilet the smell lingers and it appears that Morrison is of the same ilk

PHARK IT!!!!!

Alan59

Waiting for a mea culpa from people who posted here before the election that Morrison should remain PM.
I'll move on after that.

Ospif1

Quote from: Alan59 on August 19, 2022, 04:01:39 PM
Waiting for a mea culpa from people who posted here before the election that Morrison should remain PM.
I'll move on after that.
Already an apologist 3 posts up.  Basically we should be turning a blind eye to blatant corruption and "move on".  What horse ****.