News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trickyonne

Quote from: AlbertM on June 28, 2021, 07:20:10 PM
I had high hopes for a quality discussion....Wait, no I didn't.

The Delta strain we are now seeing is far more infectious and contagious. Once where close contacts or even family members in the same house could get away with it. We are now seeing 100% transmission rates in those circumstances. And with the Morrison governments complete and utter failure to deliver a vaccine we have no choice but to close shop.

Since March, just 4.8% are fully vaccinated. Only 19.2% have received their first shot. Far cry from the original goal of everyone fully vaccinated by August. The goal has bee revised 3 times. and we are falling behind on the current goal of 16 million by August to the tune of 4.5million doses.

So much for "being head of the que". Australia is in last place in the OECD for vaccinations.

If states are shutting up with no cases, regional NSW for the first time has a mask mandate. The NT had it's first ever case of community transmission since the pandemic started. Things are worse than the Premiers are letting on.

You are getting sucked into the hysterical theory alby mate
Paul Murray Live

AlbertM

Unlike you. I actually do research. I took that from your favourite, Glady's herself, from her morning press conference.

Read this and educate yourself. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/28/the-delta-variant-has-rebooted-covid-so-australia-must-reboot-its-strategy

Your incompetent attitude is the type that lead to massive death toll in the US.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

here we go again, the whole of Australia being affected by the decisions of NSW - groundhog day - ala Ruby Princess

this NSW Premier needs to be charged with some criminal offence for the poor decisions she makes

Ospif1

Australia in last place in the OECD for % vaccinated.

https://imgur.com/pZfZwc3

Trevor

Quote from: Ospif1 on June 29, 2021, 06:51:25 AM
Australia in last place in the OECD for % vaccinated.

https://imgur.com/pZfZwc3

what a surprise NOT!!!!

This Federal Government has a history of slow reactions - just remember the fires of 2020 and the original response to the Ruby Princess - they are like an elephant on Mandrax

Trevor

PM & NSW Premier bag out Victoria for their lock-downs - zero cases in Victoria for the last 3 days

NSW doesn't do lock-down and as a result infects every State except Victoria, Tasmaina and S.A. - who is the smartest Government - Not NSW that's for sure

Ospif1

Quote from: Trevor on June 29, 2021, 09:06:41 AM
PM & NSW Premier bag out Victoria for their lock-downs - zero cases in Victoria for the last 3 days

NSW doesn't do lock-down and as a result infects every State except Victoria, Tasmaina and S.A. - who is the smartest Government - Not NSW that's for sure
Barnaby leading by example.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-29/barnaby-joyce-fined-for-not-wearing-mask-in-nsw-covid-19-breach/100251944

Rules for thee and rules for me.

Trevor

I hope they make the fine stand - bloody idiots

Trickyonne

Quote from: AlbertM on June 28, 2021, 10:29:53 PM
Unlike you. I actually do research. I took that from your favourite, Glady's herself, from her morning press conference.

Read this and educate yourself. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/28/the-delta-variant-has-rebooted-covid-so-australia-must-reboot-its-strategy

Your incompetent attitude is the type that lead to massive death toll in the US.

Imcompetent attitude ?...Im vaccinated, are you ?
Paul Murray Live

Trickyonne

Quote from: Trevor on June 29, 2021, 12:15:45 PM
I hope they make the fine stand - bloody idiots

$200 dollars.....I think it's a non issue....unless you are a lefty
Paul Murray Live

Ospif1

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 29, 2021, 01:29:56 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on June 28, 2021, 10:29:53 PM

Imcompetent attitude ?...Im vaccinated, are you ?
If you're vaccinated then you're aware of the importance of being vaccinated.  Why then would you be confused as to why lockdowns are being enforced knowing that less than 5% of the population are protected, in particular the minority of people over 60 having received their required 2 doses?

Trickyonne

because 1 in 1million people in australia currently have the disease, yet the country is on lock down ?...90odd% of old age facilites are now vaccinated
1 person out of 25million is in ICU ... yet our country is locked down
take safe steps ?...totally....close the borders ?...dumb
Paul Murray Live

Ospif1

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 29, 2021, 02:28:25 PM
because 1 in 1million people in australia currently have the disease, yet the country is on lock down ?...90odd% of old age facilites are now vaccinated
Don't you think the reason only 1 person is in ICU is because we go into lockdowns to reduce the spread?  Only a hundred or so are infected, so of course the number of people gravely ill will be low.  What happens when we don't lock down and tens of thousands contract it?  Obviously the amount of people in hospital will then increase.

Old age homes only account for a small percentage of the high risk population, many more do not live in old age homes and hundreds of thousands more are in the high risk age brackets 60+ years old.

Trickyonne

Quote from: Ospif1 on June 29, 2021, 02:39:34 PM
Don't you think the reason only 1 person is in ICU is because we go into lockdowns to reduce the spread?  Only a hundred or so are infected, so of course the number of people gravely ill will be low.  What happens when we don't lock down and tens of thousands contract it?  Obviously the amount of people in hospital will then increase.

Old age homes only account for a small percentage of the high risk population, many more do not live in old age homes and hundreds of thousands more are in the high risk age brackets 60+ years old.

ok so, we should blanket ban motorcycles as their death/injury rate is way higher than COVID ??....as i said, safe steps all good..get vaccinated, but dont kill off buisness out of fear

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-29/sa-health-urges-coronavirus-vaccine-uptake-to-stave-off-lockdown/100252086
Paul Murray Live

Ospif1

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 29, 2021, 03:12:25 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on June 29, 2021, 02:39:34 PM

ok so, we should blanket ban motorcycles as their death/injury rate is way higher than COVID ??....as i said, safe steps all good..get vaccinated, but dont kill off buisness out of fear

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-29/sa-health-urges-coronavirus-vaccine-uptake-to-stave-off-lockdown/100252086
Your motorcycle example is irrelevant to the logic at hand here as people choose to take the risk to ride them.  People do not choose to catch Covid, thus the lockdowns to prevent a major outbreak.

It's tough on businesses yes, however many people would prefer that to their loved ones dying and many would die in a full blown outbreak, as we've seen in many countries overseas.