News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on May 14, 2021, 08:22:19 PM
Quote from: madbugger on May 14, 2021, 08:10:18 PM
I'm not anti vax, I have the flue jab every year, however Ima gunna wait until less people are dying after having a covid jab before I have one.

ditto to that.

I did not know anyone personally who got the bug. 1 person I know lost his parents (in the UK).

Vax? 1 workmate lost his gran to a blood clot 4 days after the jab and a reli who works in aged care didn't lose anyone over the course of 2020 but lost 8 folk after they took the vaccine.

So my "personal experience" is that the vax is more deadly, at least in Australia, than cv19 ever was. Of course, we all have different connections so they will vary. Others will know people who got the bug and not know of anyone who died after the vax. But we all have to come to our own conclusions and decide what is best for ourselves and those around us.
We (Sue and I) are in the same boat with you guys.  We are waiting to see how this plays out.  Not anti-vaccination, just watching from the sidelines.

Just because it is someone is selling it doesn't mean I am going to buy it.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on May 15, 2021, 12:41:00 AM
Quote from: Sonic on May 14, 2021, 08:22:19 PM
Quote from: madbugger on May 14, 2021, 08:10:18 PM
I'm not anti vax, I have the flue jab every year, however Ima gunna wait until less people are dying after having a covid jab before I have one.

ditto to that.

I did not know anyone personally who got the bug. 1 person I know lost his parents (in the UK).

Vax? 1 workmate lost his gran to a blood clot 4 days after the jab and a reli who works in aged care didn't lose anyone over the course of 2020 but lost 8 folk after they took the vaccine.

So my "personal experience" is that the vax is more deadly, at least in Australia, than cv19 ever was. Of course, we all have different connections so they will vary. Others will know people who got the bug and not know of anyone who died after the vax. But we all have to come to our own conclusions and decide what is best for ourselves and those around us.

That's why it is incredibly important to inform yourself of the facts and not rely on "personal experience".  While Australias roll out of the vacine is a complete shambles. More people have had the shot than infected with Covid19. That's 900 odd covid deaths v's a handfull of vacine deaths.  The AZ vacine, while not perfect is saving lives. If in doubt ask for the Pfizer or Moderna shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

agreed Albert. we should be informed.

but when questions are asked the answer that is often given is "trust us, we're experts"... that isn't an answer, it's a fob off.

my personal experience comes from not just myself but talking to people who work in the field and if they don't fully trust it I am at a loss as to why Joe Public has become so accepting of it?

as to 900 deaths (as an example of open honesty from those in power who we are supposed to be trusting) how many died of or with? nobody has been up front about that here or in any other nation that I have seen. if you were a 'happy healthy' person who caught covid and fell over dead then yup, you died of covid... if you had cancer and knocking on deaths door with weeks to live and caught it which finished you off then you died 'with' it, you were dead anyway... and some may look at examples like that and mock it, so be it, but to me it is a very important distinction to make because it creates a picture that may be entirely different if integrity was included.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Covid19 is a killer. Does not matter if people died of it or with it. It needs to be stopped.

This pandemic has been made worse because of the "water cooler" talk than people actually listernig to the experts. The experts are out there trying to save our lives, how sinister... 
Ford Faithful

Trevor

I took the shot to protect those around me, 4 of 7 women in my family all have issues with their immune system, all are on immune suppressants - what sort of person would I be if I didn't do everything I could to protect those I love

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on May 16, 2021, 03:55:54 AM
I took the shot to protect those around me, 4 of 7 women in my family all have issues with their immune system, all are on immune suppressants - what sort of person would I be if I didn't do everything I could to protect those I love

no disagreement Trev with your reasoning at all.

LG

I haven't had a Covid shot yet.
I've had my yearly flu shot though.
If I want to get a Covid shot or two I'd have to drive to the city as there's nothing in the bush.

Trevor

Quote from: LG on May 16, 2021, 08:39:33 PM
If I want to get a Covid shot or two I'd have to drive to the city as there's nothing in the bush.

I live regionally and my local GP did it

LG

Quote from: Trevor on May 17, 2021, 09:20:28 AM
Quote from: LG on May 16, 2021, 08:39:33 PM

I live regionally and my local GP did it

Yeah but your 'regionally' is a lot different to mine.  :)

Trevor

Trevor

bloody hell, Laser found the anti-swear word button  ;D ;D ;D

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on May 18, 2021, 11:16:37 AM
bloody hell, Laser found the anti-swear word button  ;D ;D ;D

LOL!!! Ah well Trev, you got to shine for a bit in the new house :)

Trevor

I am now in that 4 days to 22 days period that they warn you about

Trickyonne

It's baaaaaack ......I work at an airport and the police started checking into coming Melbourne passengers a few weeks ago. I asked them why and they said they didn't know but something was up....that was 2 weeks ago !!!

Paul Murray Live

Sonic

yup, Melbourne, the banned... maybe they should remake that old Kurt Russell movie to... "Escape from Melbourne"

what a croc!

Trickyonne

Quote from: Sonic on May 26, 2021, 10:03:07 PM
yup, Melbourne, the banned... maybe they should remake that old Kurt Russell movie to... "Escape from Melbourne"

what a croc!

It is crazy times mate.....not sure what to think of it TBH
We are all aussies and we shouldn't ban people based on their location...then again, if it stops the spread ?
But living on the border I do feel for my Mexican mates
Paul Murray Live