News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

meha

Yep I got my lollipop last week, had a sore arm for about a day otherwise nothing happened. Biggest pain was the disorganization at the Covid center that I went to. It did not seem to matter when you had booked in they just let you in wherever. Go for my second shot in a couple of weeks and then will be fully 5g capable. 

Troy01505

Quote from: meha on September 16, 2021, 02:43:49 PM
Yep I got my lollipop last week, had a sore arm for about a day otherwise nothing happened. Biggest pain was the disorganization at the Covid center that I went to. It did not seem to matter when you had booked in they just let you in wherever. Go for my second shot in a couple of weeks and then will be fully 5g capable.

I now get better reception then my phone

madbugger

I had a strange reaction. I'd be walking down the street and shop doors would automatically open as I passed and then close as I walked away. Quite spooky.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Troy01505

Quote from: madbugger on September 16, 2021, 05:40:56 PM
I had a strange reaction. I'd be walking down the street and shop doors would automatically open as I passed and then close as I walked away. Quite spooky.

Wow, I had the opposite and now have to jump on the big pad in front of the door! People say it's because I am short but I know it's the vaccine

murph_fan51

I had my first jab the other day. NZ currently up to 37% full vaccinated. What's Aus % like?
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Bloopy

Our 37% will be people aged 12+ I'd say as NZ's only showing 32% overall. You can compare all countries on this webpage.

AlbertM

Welp..After 19months, Covid has hit my little country town. Locked down for 7 days.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Interesting in the list of things on the Vic 'Roadmap'... in the November 80% list it says something along the lines of "work from home or you can work on site if double vaxxed"...

So does that mean that every boss in Victoria will need to sack any of their employees in 6 weeks who has not yet been jabbed? It certainly reads that way.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

djr18fan

Quote from: Sonic on September 20, 2021, 02:46:55 PM
Interesting in the list of things on the Vic 'Roadmap'... in the November 80% list it says something along the lines of "work from home or you can work on site if double vaxxed"...

So does that mean that every boss in Victoria will need to sack any of their employees in 6 weeks who has not yet been jabbed? It certainly reads that way.
That would depend on the type of work. I recently worked from home for 3 weeks. I know of others who have worked from home for 18 months. Employers happy.

Ospif1

Starting to see a lot more anti-vax facebook related postings lately although it seems they really are in quite the minority given the 85% predictions of vaccinations moving forward.  Once we re-open fully after vaccinations hit the 80% mark it's going to be difficult to avoid being in the vicinity of the virus and I do worry about how many are going to die who are against getting the jab.

AlbertM

That's the thing, that 80% threshold is just 58ish% of the whole population.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on September 24, 2021, 04:57:33 PM
That's the thing, that 80% threshold is just 58ish% of the whole population.

It will be a moving goalpost as the age of eligibility reduces. As you get closer to to 80% of over 12 year olds, a younger age group becomes eligible.
I don't believe 80% is high enough anyway.

Troy01505

Quote from: Ospif1 on September 23, 2021, 06:13:25 PM
Starting to see a lot more anti-vax facebook related postings lately although it seems they really are in quite the minority given the 85% predictions of vaccinations moving forward.  Once we re-open fully after vaccinations hit the 80% mark it's going to be difficult to avoid being in the vicinity of the virus and I do worry about how many are going to die who are against getting the jab.

Why worry? Their choice.