News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Quote from: Troy01505 on September 29, 2021, 09:06:29 AM
Quote from: Trevor on September 27, 2021, 08:29:18 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on September 26, 2021, 09:45:50 PM
We should be allowed to get about our normal lives if we are fully vaccinated, maybe then those that aren't but can might actually step up and get jabbed so they are not stuck in bull**** lockdowns.

I hear people cry all the time about bull-**** lock-downs, even the ****head Victorian opposition and business leaders, but not one, not one has come up with an alternative.  I am ****ing sick of hearing people cry about but offer nothing as an alternative. 

It must suck to have a Government concerned with keeping us alive

What sux is a government that is forcing small businesses to close for ever, small businesses owners or their staff that are losing their homes and let's not forget the mental health problems this is causing but true effects of that won't be known for years.

Let's also not forget our governments have let this virus in numerous times and pathetically allowed it to leave the facilities to once again spread throughout the community. Any fool could easily create and implement a new system that stops the spread at quarantine! They are happy to detain illegal immigrants for ridiculous amounts of time at any cost and relocate police and armed forces to heavily enforce breaches and borders so why not fund a detention centre with dedicated staff who are overly compensated to isolate between shifts until we beat it?

Yeah they are bull**** lockdowns. Not everyone is a boomer with no life and no need to leave their computer and TV soaps

Not suggesting you are a fool, just highlighting the part that really needs responding to.
What system would you implement to stop the spread at quarantine?

Trevor

Any fool could easily create and implement a new system that stops the spread at quarantine!

Not everyone is a boomer with no life and no need to leave their computer and TV soaps

please help this old Boomer and share with us your plan to "create and implement a new system that stops the spread at quarantine"  if any fool can can do it, you should easily share your plan with us 'oldies' with no life

On the point of no life, I work full time, and when not working I share my time with friends and family and have spent over 30 years volunteering in community service - what volunteer community service have you done out of curiosity?

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on September 29, 2021, 12:08:58 PM
Any fool could easily create and implement a new system that stops the spread at quarantine!

Not everyone is a boomer with no life and no need to leave their computer and TV soaps

please help this old Boomer and share with us your plan to "create and implement a new system that stops the spread at quarantine"  if any fool can can do it, you should easily share your plan with us 'oldies' with no life

On the point of no life, I work full time, and when not working I share my time with friends and family and have spent over 30 years volunteering in community service - what volunteer community service have you done out of curiosity?

On the point of no life. I was simply stating the majority of people who are happy to be lockdown, not stating you are that boomer with no life.

This is a little of what we do, I work full time in disability and mental health, I also volunteer with young people with disabilities who haven't got enough funding to have external supports, this is part time and around 20 hours a week except during stay at home orders. We are currently foster carers for 2 boys aged 1 &2 full time plus in addition we offer emergency respite direct through child protection and willing to accept upto 2 extra children under the age 10. We also have a  9, 8  and 19 month old boy and my wife runs a home based care service for kids with special needs under school age Monday to Friday 8-530pm. Does this make us great people?I think not, plenty of people do plenty more then I can ever achieve.

You may or may not understand why I say bull**** lockdowns. Some of the kids I volunteer for have not left their homes for anymore then 2 hours a week since the first lockdown, their favourite locations have been closed for long periods with some not able to survive and reopen. I work with children who can only manage life with strict routines and any change needs to be implemented very slowly or they just can't cope. 5-7 kids at home outside of 2 hours exercise is not good for them and neither is homeschooling in a home that is so busy.

Now imagine getting a phone call just after 3 am to say a 9 year old is in a critical condition because they harmed themselves after it was announced that no visitors were allowed and you were that scheduled yo take them to a place that was forced to close.

Any fool could come up with something- we'll yea they can, quarantine in remote locations and run fly in fly out staff like the mining companies. Include a paid 14 day quarantine at the end and compensate the staff attractively. Money talks and worth spending to eradicate this **** from our community. It will be 2-3 years after the virus is gone before we see the full damage mentally and financially this has on our country

Trevor

ummm, I think the quarantine centres are being built as I type

Blame the Feds for their lack of inaction on this, the only reason they are being built is because the States pushed them

And how does that help the 800+ community transmissions happening NOW in both Vic and NSW, they would have to be bloody big centres

Come on, you knw that is not the answer, the only way is to quarantine everyone - oh, hang on, I think that is what they are doing now

LG

Was due to have my 2nd dose next Friday but the doc just rang and said come in now if you like.
Into town, jabbed and back home all in just over half an hour.
I'm a bit disappointed though, especially hearing about others having their 5G working properly.
There's absolutely no difference in performance of my internet or my phone...

Trevor

Quote from: LG on October 01, 2021, 10:33:03 AM
Was due to have my 2nd dose next Friday but the doc just rang and said come in now if you like.
I'm a bit disappointed though, especially hearing about others having their 5G working properly.
you need to be patient, they obviously haven't activated it yet, give them time you impatient bugger. Bloody typical boomer (with nothing to do) want everything for nothing  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LG

Quote from: Trevor on October 01, 2021, 11:47:59 AM
you need to be patient, they obviously haven't activated it yet, give them time you impatient bugger. Bloody typical boomer (with nothing to do) want everything for nothing  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha!  ;D ;D ;D

LG

SFA of a reaction to my 2nd dose.
I had a minor sore throat yesterday and that was it.
I must admit I was a little worried as I had an awful time after the first jab.

CP

You might need a reboot as the vaccine might not be compatible with the CDMA network you old blokes still run on.  ;D

AlbertM

Quote from: CP on October 03, 2021, 04:50:05 PM

You might need a reboot as the vaccine might not be compatible with the CDMA network you old blokes still run on.  ;D

Ba dum tish!
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Not only that, but you also don't always get the most recent version of the software at first. Depending on how long it's been in storage you may experience slow start up's in the mornings until all the updates & security patches have downloaded & installed. That's the real reason for the gap between the 2 jabs.

And the side effects are due to initial incompatibility. Sometimes there can be overheating. The updates sort that out.

LG

You blokes are cruel...   :D :D :D

Just remember if it wasn't for an old bloke somewhere, you just wouldn't be...   ;)

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on October 03, 2021, 05:19:57 PM

Ba dum tish!

HAHA!!! ***puts away old Nokia and stops playing Snake...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Ospif1

Quote from: Sonic on October 04, 2021, 08:41:05 AM

HAHA!!! ***puts away old Nokia and stops playing Snake...

Can you reply to this please?  As an admin here you need to be held accountable for the spreading of misinformation imo.

Quote from: Ospif1 on September 28, 2021, 08:28:08 PM
Quote from: Sonic on September 27, 2021, 02:00:58 PM
Quote from: djr18fan on September 25, 2021, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on September 25, 2021, 12:28:45 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on September 23, 2021, 06:13:25 PM
Starting to see a lot more anti-vax facebook related postings lately although it seems they really are in quite the minority given the 85% predictions of vaccinations moving forward.  Once we re-open fully after vaccinations hit the 80% mark it's going to be difficult to avoid being in the vicinity of the virus and I do worry about how many are going to die who are against getting the jab.

Why worry? Their choice.

Because anti vaxxers will help keep the virus circulating more than it otherwise would, increasing the risk to children & people that are vaccinated but have other issues so are still vulnerable. Besides the fact that while being vaccinated will likely mean you won't die, you'll still be sick and that's a bloody nuisance.

Problem with this is that from what the doctors have said it is not true. Everyone is still able to circulate the virus regardless of vax status. Being an anti-vax won't make you any more or less likely to catch or transmit than a vax-hesitant or single-vax or double-vax or whatever jab number we get to. The jab is only alleged to limit the damage it will do to you once you have had it.

It is a bug that we have to live with.

Can you share the data which supports this? The research suggests otherwise.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7034e4.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0607-mrna-reduce-risks.html
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00947-8/fulltext#%20
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.22.21255913v1.full#T7
https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2113017
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2106599?query=featured_home

meha

Quote from: LG on October 03, 2021, 08:03:16 AM
SFA of a reaction to my 2nd dose.
I had a minor sore throat yesterday and that was it.
I must admit I was a little worried as I had an awful time after the first jab.

I wish I was the same. I had the full group of the reactions that they tell you to expect after the second jab, had no side effects with the first. Although, at least it was only for one day feel fine now.

Although I am also waiting on my full 5G upgrade, given that am looking to a remote area I could really do with the upgrade.  ;D