News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Hidden Valley **Spoliers**

Started by skaifeman, June 17, 2022, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Wonder why WAU are fighting it? Seems pretty clear cut.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/06/18/wau-planning-to-appeal-mostert-disqualification/

They should know by now, all rule breaking needs to be done in Qualy, and discovered after the fact!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Joe5619

Quote from: REM on June 18, 2022, 05:29:19 PM
Good to see Davo resist SVG.....unlike Chaz....how soft was he! Better step up when he is back in a Stang in 2023....none of this bend over for SVG stuff will do next year....Cam, Will and ADP can muscle up...

Chaz to be disqualified? See where it goes....
I saw that & it just pisses me off how everyone just so easily moves out of the way. Make it hard for half a lap FFS, even a corner!  Then, when anyone else is behind, they fight to the death, Giz really has the field bent over with mind games..

REM

I actually thought that Will did a really good job yesterday and Cam is showing the way....last event he was a boss! But Mostert yesterday......weak as urine.....very disappointing! Hope he stands up a bit more next year.....hell, I really like the bloke.....

Remember how Scotty would park SVG in and frustrate him till he burned up his tyres......it was edge of your seat stuff back then....

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on June 19, 2022, 09:13:59 AM
I actually thought that Will did a really good job yesterday and Cam is showing the way....last event he was a boss! But Mostert yesterday......weak as urine.....very disappointing! Hope he stands up a bit more next year.....hell, I really like the bloke.....

Remember how Scotty would park SVG in and frustrate him till he burned up his tyres......it was edge of your seat stuff back then....

Yeah, Scotty stood his ground but Scotty was really something else and was in a car capable of holding him off whilst keeping his own tyres in check.

Drivers on the grid currently just accumulate for what they think their car is able to achieve, they need to use there skill and balls a little more.

REM

Cam and Will D spilt the poles today.....well done boys!!!

Zac

You've given us another one to add to "spoliers": "Oops! Sorry boys, we've spilt the poles."

Meanwhile, for the few Ford fans still following the sport: Last round, Ford had two poles and two wins, yesterday's race saw an all-Ford DJR front row, leading to an all-Ford DJR 1-2 finish. Another couple of Ford front rows today, and Fords are running 2,3,4,5 in the Championship ahead of every Holden (but one) in the championship, and all this happening since those Holdens had a massive advantage, yet no changes to rules or specs since.

I'm sounding like a stuck record, but without SVG, it'd be Fords dominating and Holden fans deserting the sport. I mean, those Holden fans that follow and support a brand name more than following and supporting the sport. 

AlbertM

Quote from: Zac on June 19, 2022, 11:26:24 AM
You've given us another one to add to "spoliers": "Oops! Sorry boys, we've spilt the poles."

Meanwhile, for the few Ford fans still following the sport: Last round, Ford had two poles and two wins, yesterday's race saw an all-Ford DJR front row, leading to an all-Ford DJR 1-2 finish. Another couple of Ford front rows today, and Fords are running 2,3,4,5 in the Championship ahead of every Holden (but one) in the championship, and all this happening since those Holdens had a massive advantage, yet no changes to rules or specs since.

I'm sounding like a stuck record, but without SVG, it'd be Fords dominating and Holden fans deserting the sport. I mean, those Holden fans that follow and support a brand name more than following and supporting the sport.

Once again it's the red fans bringing up parity. For someone that claims it's a non issue, you sure like talking about it. LOL!

SVG is the only decent steerer the reds have. I mean how bad are they they can't beat a knobbled Mustang. :P
Ford Faithful

LG

Poor SVG...
Complaining about the 20psi minimum rule for tyres now.
Other teams and drivers seem to be coping so maybe he just needs to learn how to use them just like everyone else.

REM

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2022, 01:52:03 PM
Quote from: Zac on June 19, 2022, 11:26:24 AM

Once again it's the red fans bringing up parity. For someone that claims it's a non issue, you sure like talking about it. LOL!

SVG is the only decent steerer the reds have. I mean how bad are they they can't beat a knobbled Mustang. :P
Other than T8, what good teams do they have? And with WAU going blue, T8 aside, the cupboard is looking pretty damn bare....

Zac

But you're a Ford supporter who is still watching, and by the sounds of it, will keep watching. Keep it up, it's getting better for brand supporters. Soon, we might have Trev and Em and others watching again.

djr18fan

Quote from: LG on June 19, 2022, 01:54:42 PM
Poor SVG...
Complaining about the 20psi minimum rule for tyres now.
Other teams and drivers seem to be coping so maybe he just needs to learn how to use them just like everyone else.

Pretty sure SVG made it pretty clear the 20 psi had the same effect on everyone and he thought it was not a good thing for the racing at Darwin in general. The evidence is that he has adapted to the rule just as well as anyone.

Ospif1

Awesome race.  Lesson in defensive driving by Mostert.

AlbertM

And people wonder why they give SVG a pass. If you don't, he will wreck you.
Ford Faithful

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2022, 04:54:58 PM
And people wonder why they give SVG a pass. If you don't, he will wreck you.

Fortunately, this time he wrecked himself. Hopefully in future, more drivers will push back and it happens a few more times
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

LG

Well I must say that was the best Supercar racing I have seen in a while.