News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Hidden Valley **Spoliers**

Started by skaifeman, June 17, 2022, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2022, 04:54:58 PM
And people wonder why they give SVG a pass. If you don't, he will wreck you.
Disagree. There was a gap there. Any Driver would have (should have) gone for that gap.

LG

Quote from: djr18fan on June 19, 2022, 05:20:34 PM
Disagree. There was a gap there. Any Driver would have (should have) gone for that gap.

There's going for the gap and driving the other car off the track!
It was a very poor attempt at a pass by SVG.
At least the right car got damaged.

REM

Quote from: djr18fan on June 19, 2022, 03:42:03 PM
Quote from: LG on June 19, 2022, 01:54:42 PM
Poor SVG...
Complaining about the 20psi minimum rule for tyres now.
Other teams and drivers seem to be coping so maybe he just needs to learn how to use them just like everyone else.

Pretty sure SVG made it pretty clear the 20 psi had the same effect on everyone and he thought it was not a good thing for the racing at Darwin in general. The evidence is that he has adapted to the rule just as well as anyone.

That end of session speed he always had was clearly not as present this time.......I wonder if it is something to do with T8 tyre pressures that makes them last....curious?  I hope they keep the tyre pressure rule, the racing is much better...

Zac

A few thoughts from a punter kicking back with a beer and Foxtel on a winter weekend.

Great drive by Chaz in Race 3, but maybe he wasn't as handicapped by his tyres as most people thought. When you're leading, but even your engineer is telling you that your tyres won't last and the best he's hoping for is a 5th or 6th, it's amazing that the tyres not only didn't give in, but didn't seem to deteriorate at all after the Safety Car period. There could be something in that. Maybe Dunlop - or the teams that finished behind him have an explanation.

I haven't seen the term 'Crash Bandicoot' on here much lately, but James Courtney would be a worthy wearer of that title. For quite some time now, he's been going further back in the field, and he's usually being interviewed while his car is being worked on after a few hits or an off-track excursion. Is he just getting more unlucky the longer he races?

Garry Jacobsen gives more than he gets. Not only today with his coming together with Zak Best, but most of the time. We don't see much of what's happening in the back half of the field, but when we do, he's usually right into it.

Andre Heimgartner is becoming the quiet achiever while Nick Percat is doing the opposite. Is it the cars? The teams? Maybe Nick was a square peg in a round hole while Andre fits into BJR just fine.

I've been quietly cheering for Tim Slade and the one-car Blanchard team this year. Were they over-achieving earlier and under-achieving now? What's gone wrong?

A good weekend of racing at a circuit well-suited to Supercars. I'll have to get up there sometime.

skaifeman

Quote from: Zac on June 19, 2022, 07:16:50 PM
I haven't seen the term 'Crash Bandicoot' on here much lately, but James Courtney would be a worthy wearer of that title. For quite some time now, he's been going further back in the field, and he's usually being interviewed while his car is being worked on after a few hits or an off-track excursion. Is he just getting more unlucky the longer he races?

I initially thought JC kept his foot in it across the valley. He was a bit of a passenger.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Brazen

I think JC just got caught up in the standard push and shove you get at Darwin in both races... if it was him locking up and flying off then yeah I'd say its him but both incidents were traffic related

Joe5619

And if they did, Giz might actually stuff himself up more & than he might just stop doing it so aggressively..

The Championship just become (maybe) "back on" because Giz stuffed himself up.. He might think twice the next time his on Davison's bumper!

Also when you think Giz has gotten 35 points from quickest laps, the gap should be even smaller.. Others need to start learning this & start going after these extra 5 points & stop leaving them to Giz to collect all the time.. Giz is leading the champions because of best race pace, not best one lap pace & yet his gotten most of these points!

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 20, 2022, 08:44:06 AM
And if they did, Giz might actually stuff himself up more & than he might just stop doing it so aggressively..

That is some dumb logic. It stuffed Will's race as well.   
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 20, 2022, 10:25:07 AM
Quote from: Joe5619 on June 20, 2022, 08:44:06 AM

That is some dumb logic. It stuffed Will's race as well.
What's the alternative? Allow him to just past by every time & we end up with the current situation where his untouchable!!

And not because his in the better shaped car or the better team but because everyone lets him by... His the only person on the grid that passes cars on track all the time. Everyone else pits or sits there, he passes people all the time. His got everyone mind ****ed!

REM

Kytabu

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

REM

Quote from: Kytabu on June 20, 2022, 06:02:31 PM
Quote from: REM on June 20, 2022, 05:41:41 PM
Did ADP win the round?
Yep, ADP from Davo and Waters.

Go you good things!! Great results-thanks Ky! 2nd best round after Winton..... :D

stevo qld

By my calculations, DJR now lwads the Teams Championship.

DJR 2nd and 4th total 2654 points.

888 1st and 7th total 2640 points. 7th is still very good for Feeney as a rookie.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: stevo qld on June 20, 2022, 09:05:37 PM

888 1st and 7th total 2640 points. 7th is still very good for Feeney as a rookie.

And ADP has closed the gap to SVG in the drivers championship.
Thanks to the Davison / SVG incident.

Good strategy.

REM

Quote from: djr18fan on June 21, 2022, 11:01:21 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on June 20, 2022, 09:05:37 PM

And ADP has closed the gap to SVG in the drivers championship.
Thanks to the Davison / SVG incident.

Good strategy.

Don't know if SVG's clumsy driving counts as good strategy... !!