News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2021 Season

Started by skaifeman, May 14, 2021, 11:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

I don't know who you guys have for coverage, but we have the British feed with Martin Brundle.  Clearly one sided commentary with respect to British drivers. 

I could have went either way on Lap 1 at Copse.  The judges ruled and the guilty party served his penalty - and overcame it.

Looking at it from a DIFFERENT set of eyes, it was GREAT for F1 and the series.  It made some headlines, brought some attention, and tightened up the points table.  The crowds and viewing audience will now grow. 

Ever go to a professional wrestling match?  ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Kytabu

George Russell with the performance of the year, qualifying second for the Belgian Grand Prix is extremely wet conditions. First front row start for Williams since Italy 2017, and the first front row qualifying since Germany 2014. With grid penalties applied, Latifi will start in the top ten as well.

Glad that Norris is okay after his crash. I was surprised Q3 got underway given the amount of water on the circuit. Vettel showing his class again by stopping to check on Lando.

It looks like the race will be wet too; we could be in for another surprise winner. I can't wait to see how it plays out.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

the crash was a scary one! and all class with Vettel checking on Norris as he went past.

GR, the guy is getting quite a following. if he does go to Merc next year and gets the same car as LH then LH better be ready to lose.

Hoping the race is 'dicey' and GR can keep up the good work for a podium. Can you imagine the celebrations at Williams? It would be EPIC!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

madbugger

would love to see Williams on the podium, top step would be awesome
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Kytabu

Well, Williams did get on the podium.

Got up at 3:30 to watch the race before work; at least I could watch the MotoGP replay instead!

Obviously it's the regulations but how points can be awarded after a couple of safety car laps is a joke. There needs to be a minimum distance required by the rules.

LG

If you don't know the meaning of 'farce', that was it last night.   :(

Sonic

skaifeman

Happy I went to bed at midnight. Ky's right, they need a minimum laps required... and how about the confusion over whether Perez could start the race?
I'm sure that George will feel a little hollow. Yes he'll take it, but the next time he steps on the podium will mean a hell of a lot more.

Bit of humour:
https://www.facebook.com/skysportsf1/posts/4388786497880945
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

I wonder if we will see a court challenge later in the year if the results/points from last night has a bearing on which driver/team is crowned champion?

Biggest crock of 💩 I think I have ever seen.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

meha

I only watched the highlights this morning, I think that it is the first time that the highlights included the whole of the race.

seriously what a farce just run a couple of laps behind the safety car so that they don't have to refund anyone and can call it a race.

Kytabu

Probably an invalid stat given how the result was achieved, but it is the first race result since Malaysia in 2012 with eight different constructors in the top eight.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: LG on August 30, 2021, 08:19:00 AM
Farce is the word, LG.

I'll ask the question:  Why cannot they run the race the next day when the weather clears like every other major series here in the USA?  Are you going to tell me they do not have it in their budgets to stay another night at the track?

How about the Spa fans?  No money back no doubt.  Thanks for your offerings.  See you next year.  At least we had the entertainment of the one girl in the stands dancing in the rain. 

What is the price of an F1 ticket?  Probably a hell of a lot more than my $13 to get into my local dirt speedway this past Saturday night.

Where the sprint cars raced a race.  No safety cars.

Moves the 2005 US Grand Prix at Indianapolis off of the bottom rung in the biggest farces in racing ever.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 31, 2021, 01:36:10 PM
Quote from: LG on August 30, 2021, 08:19:00 AM
Farce is the word, LG.

I'll ask the question:  Why cannot they run the race the next day when the weather clears like every other major series here in the USA?  Are you going to tell me they do not have it in their budgets to stay another night at the track?

How about the Spa fans?  No money back no doubt.  Thanks for your offerings.  See you next year.  At least we had the entertainment of the one girl in the stands dancing in the rain. 

What is the price of an F1 ticket?  Probably a hell of a lot more than my $13 to get into my local dirt speedway this past Saturday night.

Where the sprint cars raced a race.  No safety cars.

Moves the 2005 US Grand Prix at Indianapolis off of the bottom rung in the biggest farces in racing ever.

From what the fans have said the event was a farce. Spent big dollars on parking a fair distance from the track and then having to get towed out of the bog at the end of the day. Don't know that they'd want to come back for another (even though I think the commentators said it was a holiday on the Monday?)

Issue though I think is more that they then have to get all of the associated marshalls/safety crews to stay an extra day and that could well be their "get back home day".

They should have just canned the event.

meha

In other news Kimi has formally announced his retirement at the end of this season.

The musical chairs is about to start with Bottas likely to take his seat and Russell moving to join Hamilton.

Sonic

Quote from: meha on September 02, 2021, 10:07:36 AM
In other news Kimi has formally announced his retirement at the end of this season.

The musical chairs is about to start with Bottas likely to take his seat and Russell moving to join Hamilton.

Quite looking forward to a Lewis vs George... seeing who gets some 'privilege' and who can race.