News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 Liveries

Started by Brazen, January 02, 2023, 03:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Triple Eight released this morning.

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Brazen

I think that's way too busy, just gives me the impression of too many sponsors chambering over each other

AlbertM

Front looks good. The red all over the back looks like someone spilt the paint pot.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

My Mother once told me that if you cannot say something good about it, do not say anything.

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

There are so many sponsors on the 888 cars that it seems to be crowd funded.

Pete has done a great job with all the conflicting sponsor colours, but it still looks very busy.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 19, 2023, 11:11:26 AM
My Mother once told me that if you cannot say something good about it, do not say anything.

I'd have to agree Mike. It does nothing.

skaifeman

I'm neither here nor there on the Red Bull. The matte blue and red harks back to 2017. Except more busy now...

More of an issue is that the Camaro doesn't seem to lend itself to liveries as well as the Mustang.
WAU and Castrol seem the pick of the bunch IMO.

Monster and Tickford have likely sorted their issues out. Cam has given a sneak peak of the reveal on Instagram, with a green light behind the silhouetted car.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Zac

888's livery is the best example yet of trying too hard to keep too many sponsors happy. Pete's done his best, but even Pete couldn't get that list of names into a coherent, clean livery.

IMHO, the Erebus Coke cars are the best liveries, reminiscent of another red Coca Cola No: 9, but even Erebus has the same problem of too many names, although to a lesser extent. The Grove cars look striking, but are close behind 888 with trying to accommodate too many names on one car. Erebus are my No:1 with Blanchard close behind, then DJR, while the SCT car for Jack Smith is the worst. Those little bits of stripes look like they gave the job to a 10 y.o. There's a good reason some teams try to keep a consistent appearance year to year, even if some might call that boring. DJR have refined their design to a really clean, integrated appearance and it really comes together this year on a Mustang-shaped Mustang. 

murph_fan51

Quote from: AlbertM on February 19, 2023, 10:10:10 AM
Front looks good. The red all over the back looks like someone spilt the paint pot.
Have to agree, the front looks good.
The back gets a mess.
Funny how they are more red now than the Holden Racing Team years??

Too bad the cars don't have real head lights and we end up with either black or white fake plastic infills.
debris debris debris

Troy01505

Quote from: murph_fan51 on February 19, 2023, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on February 19, 2023, 10:10:10 AM
Have to agree, the front looks good.
The back gets a mess.
Funny how they are more red now than the Holden Racing Team years??

Too bad the cars don't have real head lights and we end up with either black or red fake plastic infills.

Agree, front looks fantastic. Back looks like a dog's breakfast after it's gone full cycle.

billybanana

A team with too many sponsors. I'm sure every other team in pit lane would like to have that problem. A fully funded race team with a dog's breakfast of a livery - they'd all take that every day of the week.

Sonic

the red bull liveries in recent times (for me) have worked well enough... this one doesn't, certainly not in this format anyway... perhaps it will look better in the flesh?

a shame as the livery at the 12 hour was a ripper

can't please everyone... as long as the sponsors are happy then the work has been done :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

TheArrow

I do wonder if it would have looked any better with last year's white-on-navy combination instead.

Jetpac013

Waters Mustang with its Monster Decals applied, and what looks like to be a subtle grey stripes

AlbertM

That answers that about the rumours.

I like it.
Ford Faithful