News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2024

Started by skaifeman, May 03, 2023, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Actually surprised this hasn't been started yet... we usually get it going in Feb or so!

Both ADP and Davo are accounted for in 2024, with DJR:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/djr-declares-davison-de-pasquale-off-the-market/

DJR, 888 and Erebus are now all locked in.
I'm guessing end of 2024 is when a few will come off contract - I think all of the above will be (Feeney, SVG, Davo, ADP, Brown & Kostecki). 2025 is when things will get a shake-up.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

Unless we have a repeat of the Bolshevik Revolution, I will still be running the V8 Central Fantasy League in 2024.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Was disappointed to find out there was a race track in Taupo AFTER I left in my 2011 visit... love Taupo... a sail on the lake is a must! a great spot.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

murph_fan51

Quote from: Sonic on May 05, 2023, 09:26:27 AM
Was disappointed to find out there was a race track in Taupo AFTER I left in my 2011 visit... love Taupo... a sail on the lake is a must! a great spot.
Good excuse to go back  :D

The only downside with Taupo Motorsport Park is it's very flat with no large banks for general admission viewing (QR is awesome).
I imagine there would need to be plenty of grandstands set up.
Maybe Tony Quinn will get this place set up better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Apparently 2024 is shells final year

skaifeman

WAU to form a super team? (Although I'd argue when they brought Percat over it was, how wrong I was).
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/waters-at-the-centre-of-silly-season-speculation/

If true, what's happening over at Tickford? Frosty walks, Chaz was happy to leave, now Waters...?

Also looking like Pye is on the move.
And those on the Speedcafe comments (I was having a read whilst the forum was down), suggest that the brass in Detroit have already axed Supercars (even pre all this parity debacle).

drivexby

Be great to see Cam and Chaz reunited again so they can take each other out of races :)

Troy01505

2024 will see them still chasing parity

skaifeman

Sooo does SVG leave a year early and Waters to 888 look likely?

LG

Story going around that Shane has been given permission to leave at the end of this season.
I don't know if he will be going by himself or taking JD with him.
The door would certainly be open for Waters if he fits 888's ethics in '24.

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on July 04, 2023, 02:56:41 PMStory going around that Shane has been given permission to leave at the end of this season.
I don't know if he will be going by himself or taking JD with him.
The door would certainly be open for Waters if he fits 888's ethics in '24.

Confirmed by Jamie Whincup. he would release SVG to an American drive.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/van-gisbergen-free-to-pursue-2024-full-time-nascar-ride/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Waters has probably already emailed his resume!

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 04, 2023, 07:32:45 PMWaters has probably already emailed his resume!

Is he good enough for 888 though?  ;D

It's hilarious reading the bowtie boys posts, that all the Ford drivers are just not good enough this season. Yet when the possibility of the best seat in Supercars opens up. Their first thoughts go to a Ford driver. 
Ford Faithful