News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

Amazing how few votes that Tickford drivers got. Erebus rookies getting close to 5 times as many.

Not a lot of love out there for Waters and Courtney. :(

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/01/poll-which-2022-supercars-driver-line-up-is-strongest/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on November 01, 2021, 11:38:57 PM
Amazing how few votes that Tickford drivers got. Erebus rookies getting close to 5 times as many.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/01/poll-which-2022-supercars-driver-line-up-is-strongest/

Look at the respective weekends for each teams for answers! ;) I reckon Waters and Randle as a paring would be very strong....

Troy01505

Quote from: stevo qld on November 01, 2021, 11:38:57 PM

Triple 8 and Shell will be the 2 to beat again.

Lack of votes for Tickford is due to losing a large chunk of their fan base that jumped on the Penske/Scotty bandwagon, JC is not a Ford fan favourite due to deserting the Blue oval for a dog box red Commodore and finally Tickford have a history of inconsistent speed and results, they come out hard and fast, lose it then come home strong or reliability issues appear each season.

Biggest surprise is the votes for Chaz/Percat, WAU have similar issues to Tickford , fans jumped to Triple 8, Percat is not really a fan favourite for many but their speed, results and reliability have not been inconsistent, it been consistently slow and pathetic.

stevo qld

Maybe I am missing something, but BJR seems tardy with announcing it's 2022 lineup, or whether they will run 3 or 4 cars.

The current Coca Cola car is apparently running, in 2021, with sponsorship from Pither's connections, but the sponsoring company has now been sold and is already committed to a full car with Tickford for 2022. There are also 2021 subsidiary sponsorships on other cars with several teams.

Could sponsor negotiations be the cause of the delay and could those potential sponsors require their own driver replacing Macauley.
Would sponsored buy-a-drive bead daddy's wallet?

Speaking of Daddy's wallet, the SCT Logistics REC is not owned by Brad Jones Racing.
Is it possibly on the move for 2022. Someone would have a spare Commodore?
SCT is headquartered in Brisbane and MSR is nearby and they want to run a third car.

(It is interesting that Wall, a significant Racecar preparer is now driving for SCT at Bathurst 2021.)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Quote from: stevo qld on November 16, 2021, 02:55:22 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but BJR seems tardy with announcing it's 2022 lineup, or whether they will run 3 or 4 cars.

The current Coca Cola car is apparently running, in 2021, with sponsorship from Pither's connections, but the sponsoring company has now been sold and is already committed to a full car with Tickford for 2022. There are also 2021 subsidiary sponsorships on other cars with several teams.

Could sponsor negotiations be the cause of the delay and could those potential sponsors require their own driver replacing Macauley.

Speaking of Daddy's wallet, the SCT Logistics REC is not owned by Brad Jones Racing.
SCT is headquartered in Brisbane and MSR is nearby and they want to run a third car.

(It is interesting that Wall, a significant Racecar preparer is now driving for SCT at Bathurst 2021.)

I don't support "Daddy's wallet over driver talent" on the grid but Jones would be working him pretty hard. BJR will run 4 cars but whether any of them are consistent or not is probably a bigger unknown.

I like the MSR team but they need to get a couple of drivers in their cars today that are there for the long road, until then they'll be grid fillers at best. A third car would send them further backwards in my opinion. Perhaps his old man or uncle can help guide them into a championship winning outfit.

hsv8fan

Quote from: Troy01505 on November 16, 2021, 06:15:19 PM

I don't support "Daddy's wallet over driver talent" on the grid but Jones would be working him pretty hard. BJR will run 4 cars but whether any of them are consistent or not is probably a bigger unknown.

I like the MSR team but they need to get a couple of drivers in their cars today that are there for the long road, until then they'll be grid fillers at best. A third car would send them further backwards in my opinion. Perhaps his old man or uncle can help guide them into a championship winning outfit.

I think the previous drivers would have been there for the long haul if not for being ousted. I never could work out why Todd wasn't retained but luckily he has somewhere that maybe recognised the rror of their ways and given him a lifeline.

stevo qld

Quote from: hsv8fan on November 17, 2021, 08:30:40 PM
I think the previous drivers would have been there for the long haul if not for being ousted. I never could work out why Todd wasn't retained but luckily he has somewhere that maybe recognised the rror of their ways and given him a lifeline.

When a driver moves from one team to another, there is always specuation on whether the were pushed or moved on of their own volition.

There is no indication that anyone was pushed from BJR in any official comment from BJR or the respective drivers, as far as I recall.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Macauley confirmed:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/24/jones-confirmed-for-2022-supercars-seat-amid-progress/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

hsv8fan

Quote from: stevo qld on November 24, 2021, 04:17:38 PM
Quote from: hsv8fan on November 17, 2021, 08:30:40 PM

When a driver moves from one team to another, there is always specuation on whether the were pushed or moved on of their own volition.

There is no indication that anyone was pushed from BJR in any official comment from BJR or the respective drivers, as far as I recall.

The reference is to Todd's previous tenure at MSR.

skaifeman

Quote from: skaifeman on November 24, 2021, 04:29:56 PM

Macauley confirmed:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/24/jones-confirmed-for-2022-supercars-seat-amid-progress/

And now Smith:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/25/smith-excited-for-sixth-season-with-bjr/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

So that just leaves the #7 to be filled. Payne was impressive in his first Super2 outing (he even emulated McLaughlin by stalling on his first front row start); if he goes well at Bathurst will he get dispensation for a Super Licence? If not, would Grove be better off going for a Caruso or a Holdsworth given that it would probably only be a one-year deal before Payne comes in for 2023?
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Troy01505

Quote from: Kytabu on November 26, 2021, 09:36:38 AM
So that just leaves the #7 to be filled. Payne was impressive in his first Super2 outing (he even emulated McLaughlin by stalling on his first front row start); if he goes well at Bathurst will he get dispensation for a Super Licence? If not, would Grove be better off going for a Caruso or a Holdsworth given that it would probably only be a one-year deal before Payne comes in for 2023?

Not if they want to be genuine contenders

TheArrow

Supercars posted separate photos of the Camaro and the Mustang.

Todd Hazelwood only commented on the Mustang post.

MSR to Ford confirmed?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

stevo qld

i like that Will Brown will be sponsored by Boost next year in a 2 car Boost Erebus team.

Feeney won't need Boost now he is going to Red Bull/Ampol.

I wonder if Courtney will be ditched.

further, I would not be surprised to find Nash Morris in a Boost Super 2 as part of the Erebus Academy.
ALBERT EINSTEIN