News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: TheArrow on February 24, 2022, 11:02:27 AM
I'll be honest I didn't really keep up with the roles the Kellys will have but I thought I read something about the Kellys (or Todd at least) still  had some kind of impact on the engine or engineering side. But I may have misinterpreted that when it was announced.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's also interesting the Walkinshaw will be offering advice on an engine, which before the arrival of Chaz to the team, the only experience they had with it was chasing after cars that were using it.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

I'll be honest I didn't really keep up with the roles the Kellys will have but I thought I read something about the Kellys (or Todd at least) still  had some kind of impact on the engine or engineering side. But I may have misinterpreted that when it was announced.

I thought the same thing Arrow. Didn't the Kelly's hold onto the engine and fab shop to provide support to others? You'd assume Grove's would be customer #1.
Either something has changed, or what Walkinshaw are providing isn't exactly what we think it is.

https://kellygroveracing.com.au/component/content/article/88-latest-news/363-team-ownership-update
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

Quote from: skaifeman on February 25, 2022, 08:55:11 AM

I thought the same thing Arrow. Didn't the Kelly's hold onto the engine and fab shop to provide support to others? You'd assume Grove's would be customer #1.
Either something has changed, or what Walkinshaw are providing isn't exactly what we think it is.

https://kellygroveracing.com.au/component/content/article/88-latest-news/363-team-ownership-update

It kinda looks like something went pear shaped with the relationship between Kelly's and Groves.
Why else would Groves be looking else where for their support, and where does that leave Todd given Gen 3 goes to a control engine and so you wouldn't think they would be as up to date with it as they would be with their own designed engine>
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

stevo qld

I know it is early in the count, but the Pirtek poll for the 2022 winner is interesting, if only for fifth.

#97 Shane van Gisbergen  36.44%  (492 votes)
#11 Anton De Pasquale  22.07%  (298 votes)
#25 Chaz Mostert  22.07%  (298 votes)
#6 Cameron Waters  5.85%  (79 votes)

#4 Jack Smith  2.37%  (32 votes)

It seems that no one rates Scott Pye.
Quote#20 Scott Pye  0%  (0 votes)

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/28/poll-who-will-win-the-2022-supercars-championship/

Spelling corrected.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

I'll be putting money on Brown and Anton but think it will be either Giz or Chaz to take it out.

REM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 01, 2022, 03:08:30 AM
I'll be putting money on Brown and Anton but think it will be either Giz or Chaz to take it out.
I tend to agree, the Mustang package is really just not up to the task now....that said ADP should be the best Stang, maybe in 3rd or 4th! I really can't see Chaz's matching SVG's intensity and focus over a whole year...hard to go past SVG...all a bit meh, but it is what it is....

mikeamerica84

Quoting the Grateful Dead, "Put your money where your love is baby"....

The V8CFL is open to all who think they have the key to unlock the 2022 championship.  Match your wits with some of the greatest strategists of the 21st century.  Only a few days left to step up into the big league and swing the bat.

https://www.v8central.com/index.php?topic=200.0

But if you have no sack, we understand.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Ospif1

If he's not being paid then one could argue that T8 would be preventing him from earning a living.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

stevo qld

Brad Jones has LOW expectations for 2022 Championship. Just one driver in the top 10.

Perhaps, his understanding that none of the drivers is capable of contesting the championship or perhaps his understanding is that none of his cars are capable of contesting the championship.

It just seems very low targets for the drivers with several years in the Championship.

Quote"Success would look like for me with Andre regularly in the top 10 like Nick used to be for us," Jones said, while talking highly of how his revamped team has come together.

"He is the team leader and that is the responsibility that comes with that mantle.

"With Bryce, it's somewhere around the top 12.

"And Macca [Macauley Jones] and Jack [Smith], I'd like to think that they have got the ability to leap into the top 15 and qualify in the top 10 from time to time, which is a big jump for those guys.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/03/04/expectations-set-out-for-bjr-quartet/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on March 04, 2022, 07:57:17 PM
Brad Jones has LOW expectations for 2022 Championship. Just one driver in the top 10.

Perhaps, his understanding that none of the drivers is capable of contesting the championship or perhaps his understanding is that none of his cars are capable of contesting the championship.

It just seems very low targets for the drivers with several years in the Championship.

Quote"Success would look like for me with Andre regularly in the top 10 like Nick used to be for us," Jones said, while talking highly of how his revamped team has come together.

"He is the team leader and that is the responsibility that comes with that mantle.

"With Bryce, it's somewhere around the top 12.

"And Macca [Macauley Jones] and Jack [Smith], I'd like to think that they have got the ability to leap into the top 15 and qualify in the top 10 from time to time, which is a big jump for those guys.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/03/04/expectations-set-out-for-bjr-quartet/

I think that's all fair and reasonable. Nothing wrong with being realistic.
He's also suggesting he'd like all 4 cars in the top 15!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

SetonFan

Looks like Adelaide 500 will be back as season finale! Next question is if Newcastle squeezes in to replace Winton as rumoured or they hold off for round 1 2023.

If the proposed date of 2-4 December is right, then it will be a 5 week break after the penultimate round at Gold Coast which is a bit too long, even with the hype that Adelaide would generate.

TheArrow

Quote from: SetonFan on March 19, 2022, 10:18:05 PM
Looks like Adelaide 500 will be back as season finale! Next question is if Newcastle squeezes in to replace Winton as rumoured or they hold off for round 1 2023.

If the proposed date of 2-4 December is right, then it will be a 5 week break after the penultimate round at Gold Coast which is a bit too long, even with the hype that Adelaide would generate.
They could potentially give Newcastle the Winton date in May and slot Winton in inbetween Gold Coast and Adelaide if that does occur.

Alternatively they could finish the season with 3 street circuits in a row. The issue with that is it is a very tight (and unrealistic) turnaround time. It is well known that it takes weeks/months to set up a street circuit and with a lot of shared equipment between GC, Newcastle and Adelaide likely, it would be near impossible for the GC circuit to be set up, pulled down, transported to Newcastle to be assembled and then disassembled, then transported to Adelaide.

I know not all aspects/equipment would be used among all three circuits but it is common knowledge areas such as pit facilities are shared between GC and Newcastle, and with a lot of the Adelaide infrastructure sold off it is obviously a likely prospect that they would require some from the other street circuits.

For me, the best and most likely option would be to slot Newcastle in May on Winton's original date (which even then is cutting it fine considering we're already in mid-March) and slot Winton 2 (or 3) weeks after GC in the lead up to the potential Adelaide 500 finale.

Either that or the Adelaide promise was a political promise which means about as much as a driver's contract and we end up with the awkward prospect of Newcastle closing the 2022 season and then 3 months later opening the 2023 season.

stevo qld

I understood that the bits and bobs required to assemble the track surrounds, fencing etc., had been auctioned off or sold.

This would greatly increase the costs if all that has to be created or purchases.

Time will tell.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

What happened to the blue and red shades over the main grandstand?
debris debris debris