News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe5619

Quote from: fordman on September 15, 2021, 10:27:55 AM
NO mention of Vaccination passports????
They don't have too, the State government is doing that for them.. No jab, no ticket, it's pretty simple. Anyone unvaccinated who thinks they will be allowed to attend are just living in lala land.

And I haven't read any articles, how did they get around Super Cheap & Repco issues?

fordman

Quote from: Joe5619 on September 15, 2021, 05:50:11 PM
Quote from: fordman on September 15, 2021, 10:27:55 AM
NO mention of Vaccination passports????
They don't have too, the State government is doing that for them.. No jab, no ticket, it's pretty simple. Anyone unvaccinated who thinks they will be allowed to attend are just living in lala land.

And I haven't read any articles, how did they get around Super Cheap & Repco issues?

true, but they did mention patrons will have to consider state regulations.

not sure how they did but they must have.

fordman

SC should hear next week how the event will run when NSW will announce more details on how events will run.

fordman

seems Dec 1 its open doors for all???? [ provided NSW gets to 90%]

so Bathurst may not be restricted to Vaxed only?

still uncertain what the other states will do and given any plans ppl make have to be made soon could be risky for interstate spectators to gamble.

no sign of not having the event though ;D

still looks like a NSW crowd to me.

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on September 28, 2021, 09:22:51 AM

I thought it had already been announced no entry to Bathurst event unless double vaxxed.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on September 28, 2021, 09:46:06 AM
Quote from: fordman on September 28, 2021, 09:22:51 AM

I thought it had already been announced no entry to Bathurst event unless double vaxxed.

Probably would be best to be double vaxed. event too close to the opening date to organize a "open"  event, plus may not get the 90 number?

Trevor

I haven't heard anything Phil, is there a link anywhere to that

skaifeman

Quote from: Trevor on September 28, 2021, 12:17:19 PM

I believe it was SMP, no word yet on Bathurst.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/03/covid-vaccination-to-be-mandatory-at-smp/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on September 28, 2021, 12:17:19 PM

Looking for it Trev. Thought I saw that in the same announcement re SMP but perhaps that was just a suggestion? (Although I would expect it to be enforced anyway)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

fordman

Interesting from Speedcafe re weather, its could be HOT

Since readings began in 1911, the mean maximum temperature at Bathurst in December according to the Bureau of Meteorology is 26.5°C, compared to 20.1°C in October when the Great Race is traditionally held.

More recent readings between 1991 and 2020 have seen that December figure climb to 27.1°C (versus 21.0°C for October).

In 2019, the town recorded a December high temperature of 40.3°C.

Kytabu

As SVG and Slade said, there's been extremely hot weather during some of the 12 Hour races and they have managed. I know some of the GT3s have air conditioning now but it was not always the case.

It will be interesting to see if the teams still elect to triple stint the main drivers to the finish as has become the norm in the recent past.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Definitely takes some interest away from the event.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977