News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Sonic

top of the hill has been carnage central :( the crash today with Declan when the wheel nut took the afternoon off was scary stuff!

I have been down the bottom first 2 days and there have been a few minor things but nothing seriously noteworthy.

there will be plenty of pics coming Mike, just takes me a lot longer coz I am super silly and take too many :P LOL (plus I am still editing my photos from last weekend which have to be finished first)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

Awake now and waiting for my lift to arrive - be there early arvo today - I will try to post some pics, but getting them from my phone to here could prove difficult  ;D

CP

Quote from: Sonic on December 01, 2021, 11:16:09 PM
top of the hill has been carnage central :( the crash today with Declan when the wheel nut took the afternoon off was scary stuff!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/12/01/supercars-examining-777-wheel-nut-after-fraser-crash/

Is it possible that even though they comply, the wheel nut in question was an old, fatigued part?

Kytabu

At the Chase for the main guys' first lap out.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Bloopy

Quote from: Trevor on December 02, 2021, 03:19:05 AM
I will try to post some pics, but getting them from my phone to here could prove difficult  ;D

Imgur is a long-running and reliable image host for posting to forums. When you upload a photo it gives you the [IMG] BBCode to use on a forum.

It has an 'Edit image' option I didn't know about where you can crop and resize, but not sure how easy that is to use on a phone. It's probably much easier to use an app on your phone to resize photos to a smaller size first. Would save data uploading smaller files too.

REM

Rusty, in a T8 ZB is over three seconds off the pace!!!

Kytabu

Here are some of the more elaborate campsites up top, Mike.

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

TheArrow

Quote from: REM on December 02, 2021, 07:51:51 PM

Yet he's way closer than any of us would possibly be!

skaifeman

Great photos Kye!
Spent the day up the top today, and witnessed a few misfortunes. Firstly the SuperUte pushed wide at the Elbow and then the Super2 car at the dipper.

We're down at Max Cameron. Similar setup to yours, plus a 6x3 gazebo. Hoping the rain holds out tomorrow, it has so far!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

No surprise really, probably close then i thought he'd be.

He only has to circulate unscathed on Sunday to get a top 20

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 02, 2021, 09:32:49 PM

Spotted him today and he seems bloody happy. He's just stoked that he gets to live the dream one last time.

Good on him.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Probably still lapping close to the last time he drove
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on December 02, 2021, 09:37:54 PM

Probably still lapping close to the last time he drove

Practice 2016 he was 2:07.17 this year he is 2:08.44. Still not bad for old gramps who has been out of the game 5 years. If he had the right Team mate he could've pulled of a Morris and won!

In comparison fastest co driver today was Holdsworth with a 2:05.23 and 2016 he was pulling 2:07 flats in practice.

mikeamerica84

Love all those pics!  Makes me feel a little "closer" to the action, so to speak.  As a comparison, we used to go to Michigan International Speedway regularly in the 80s and 90s.  Camp out overnight in the infield.  Usually two of us would sleep in the bed of a pickup truck and the others fend for themselves - cab of the truck, tents, or under the stars in sleeping bags.  This was after staying up until 4:00 a.m. drinking beer and smoking dope as loud rock and roll music was blasted throughout the infield by the other campers.

By daybreak, we'd get our hungover butts out of bed and erect the scaffolding to get us up high enough to see over the campers and RVs (caravans).  Once erected, we would do what any NASCAR fan would do in the infield of a superspeedway on race morning - start drinking again.  Oh to be young and stupid again. ;D

I'll be watching the TCR quals and Race 1 tonight here.  I am going to start sliding out of this thread come Friday, though, to prevent any spoliers as I have the weekend off to watch the great race.  I'll then catch up with you guys on the other side of the checkered flag.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life