News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

I'm glad we don't have guys up until 4am here :P. The good thing is that everyone plays decent music up here, so it's not too bad if it is playing until late.

Forrest's Elbow Fridays (corner is not this tight, distorted by wide-angle setting)
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

If I was going to plant my arse in a chair at the track for the 1000 km, I would put it at the elbow.

Thanks for putting me there, Kye.

We are half a world away, but only a keyboard stroke from being in touch with where we dream to be.  I hope I can reciprocate in the future, mate.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on December 03, 2021, 09:36:50 AM
I'm glad we don't have guys up until 4am here :P. The good thing is that everyone plays decent music up here, so it's not too bad if it is playing until late.

Forrest's Elbow Fridays (corner is not this tight, distorted by wide-angle setting)

The Elbow and right at the outside of the kink at the Chase are the two best places in Australian Motorsport I reckon.
We spent most of yesterday there (the Elbow).

Did you catch an 86 race there? They float through the small right hander before turning left into the elbow. The slowest cars, but the loosest for sure.
They're pretty forgiving if mistakes are made because they aren't going as fast.

I only have videos so can't post here.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Yeah, we were there for today's 86 race.

Parked at Metal Grate for qualifying now. My personal favourite, nothing beats the attitude on the cars here!

Ospif1

For me the 25 is the car to beat this weekend.  Strongest driver pairing and they have the car well sorted.  The 6 looking very good too so hopefully we have a good battle between marquees.

Troy01505

How ****ing good are these young blokes coming through! Feeny P15, Brown P1, ADP smashing it as always, Brodie going great guns.

Mozzie and Waters holding up the old fella flag!

Wouldn't discount Gizzy or JDub though, they'll  be right up there on race day.

Watching these young guys this year has rejuvenated my interest in the sport.

Sonic

ha... the cheers that went up at the Chase when JDub missed the shootout was amusing....

still wouldn't discount him in the race but interesting to 'hear the fan view' of him...

how bloody good was Will Brown??!!

disappointed in some of the races though (with how little there was) eg the Porsche race didn't get 1 flying lap in, 3 damaged cars and race is over....

the amount of damage and errors over the weekend has me wondering why? although the SC brigade seem to be doing a pretty good job.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Kytabu

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 03, 2021, 05:46:34 PM
How ****ing good are these young blokes coming through! Feeny P15, Brown P1, ADP smashing it as always, Brodie going great guns.
Feeney was on a better first sector right at the end too but sprayed the second sector. Imagine if he made the top ten ahead of JW!

Awesome to see Brown at the top. I think 6, 25 and 888 are the picks for the race, though.

Skip

Noted that Reynolds is nowhere and his old car in the 'dud team' is on provvy pole... ouch!

Sonic

Quote from: Skip on December 03, 2021, 07:11:17 PM
Noted that Reynolds is nowhere and his old car in the 'dud team' is on provvy pole... ouch!

Will is a gun! If things roll right on Sunday he may just stand on the top step.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Skip

I wouldnt be too disappointed with that! My money is on that car walling it tho.

stevo qld

Quote from: Skip on December 03, 2021, 07:11:17 PM

Karma  ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

v8man11

Quote from: Kytabu on December 03, 2021, 07:00:09 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on December 03, 2021, 05:46:34 PM
Feeney was on a better first sector right at the end too but sprayed the second sector. Imagine if he made the top ten ahead of JW!

Awesome to see Brown at the top. I think 6, 25 and 888 are the picks for the race, though.

Big nose Skaife put the mocker on him when he was sitting in 11th when he said if he makes the top ten he would be the youngest driver to ever run in the top ten

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Brazen

After qualy I'm thinking cars 6 & 25 will be leading early on... 88 and 888 will come into the race through consistency and strategy with maybe 9 as a wildcard if things go right