News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 05, 2021, 04:56:37 PM
I thought they changed the rule a few years back to say if they make contact behind the back wheel its fine?

Yeah they did, but I think they changed it again from memory.

The usual post-safety car craziness ensues. This is where the luck begins.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

Quote from: skaifeman on December 05, 2021, 04:29:58 PM
Wow. SVG did all that purposely. Cunning.

Wanna drop an ning and add another letter?
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Ospif1

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 05, 2021, 04:56:37 PM
I thought they changed the rule a few years back to say if they make contact behind the back wheel its fine?
Couldn't see that in the regs.  It says the below:

7. Pit Release
7.1. The Car Controller is responsible for the safe release of the Car.
7.2. A Car entering its Pit Bay must do so without impeding any other Car in Pit Lane.
7.3. A Car being released from its Pit Bay must do so without impeding any other Car in Pit Lane.
7.4. Any Car that travels down the working lane more than the length of two (2) Pit Bays from its
own Pit Bay, or at the discretion of the DSA and the Stewards, without merging or entering
wholly into the fast lane may receive a Penalty.
7.5. Any contact between Cars in Pit Lane may be reviewed by the Stewards and a Penalty may
be applied

madbugger

Quote from: xAdzyx on December 05, 2021, 04:29:50 PM
Was SVG weaving after the lights went out?

Yep, but wont be penalised
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Quote from: madbugger on December 05, 2021, 05:08:20 PM

I think he already hit the go pedal though. Does that mean the race has resumed and he can do what he wants?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Ospif1

Quote from: skaifeman on December 05, 2021, 05:10:38 PM
Quote from: madbugger on December 05, 2021, 05:08:20 PM

I think he already hit the go pedal though. Does that mean the race has resumed and he can do what he wants?
Depends if the green flags are waving or not.  If they are waving they are free to do as they wish.

AlbertM

25 has it in the bag. Mostert has speed to burn.
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

A top 10 for the Feeney/Ingall car would be quite the achievement.

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on December 05, 2021, 05:17:04 PM
25 has it in the bag. Mostert has speed to burn.

They deserve the win, that thing as been an absolute rocket all day and both drivers have been on song.
Holdsworth driver of the day for me.

skaifeman

What was Ludo's reasoning for bringing the #11 in?

Mostert does look good. He just needs to stay away from a bump happy SVG.

AlbertM

Hoping to short fill and gain on the last round of stops. Especially if there is a SC.
Ford Faithful

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on December 05, 2021, 05:33:12 PM
Hoping to short fill and gain on the last round of stops. Especially if there is a SC.

Trouble with safety car is Will has track position, and a 5 second penalty to serve. that will really hurt ADP in a double stack

Edit, double stack no longer an issue

Edit Edit: really doesnt matter now.

TheArrow

They teased us with the potential for some excitement but it's really kinda fizzling out...

Kinda feels as exciting as 2010 which was a dead set dud.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

TheArrow

Quote from: madbugger on December 05, 2021, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on December 05, 2021, 05:33:12 PM

Trouble with safety car is Will has track position, and a 5 second penalty to serve. that will really hurt ADP in a double stack
Can't serve a penalty under yellow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ospif1

Real dud of a Bathurst after such a strong SMP for DJR.