News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

re front screen... just wondering... would a rear vent up high for the heated air to escape work? either a 'roof chute' or a vent somewhere in the rear screen area
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

The new Mustang:

And in Supercar-trim:
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Just wondering.

Is the Gen3 Mustang body a new body or just front and rear updates, but with a lot of carry over Aero bits?

I am sure there are design gurus on the Forum who can tell.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

It's the 7th generation so should be an all new body.
I would say the aero kit will shift over from the current Gen3 Mustang.
debris debris debris

Sonic

the first 'sneak peek' I saw made me think Camaro nose...

this newer one makes me think Audi...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Ospif1

GT3 looks reallll nice

Joe5619

I'm a little disappointed the all new Mustang looks 98% like the old one..

I do like it though.

V8SuperRiley

TheArrow

Quote from: Joe5619 on September 15, 2022, 09:18:30 PM
I'm a little disappointed the all new Mustang looks 98% like the old one..

I do like it though.
If you look at them side by side they're actually quite different. Doesn't look like a single reused panel between the two.

Definitely a strong evolution rather than a revolution in the design, but it's still an all new car. It just keeps a familiar and recognisable shape.

When I first saw it I thought it looked too similar too but when I saw two images side by side, I could clearly see a lot more differences than similarities.

Troy01505

I like it! ****s all over that hideous thing they are racing round now

murph_fan51

Quote from: Troy01505 on September 17, 2022, 10:14:22 AM
I like it! ****s all over that hideous thing they are racing round now
Absolutely. New Mustang Supercar looks great.

Though not really a fan of the eco boost model, the GT looks much better.
debris debris debris

stevo qld

Restricting my comments to the design of the front and grille area of the next Gen 3 Mustang:

I consider the current road model to be superior,
and I consider the current racing model to look a lot better.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/09/18/compared-new-and-old-gen3-ford-mustang-supercar/

The GT3 grille looks more like a Camaro than a Mustang. :o
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Is it really going to have the extra intakes on the front air dam or will they be blanked off? Can't really tell in the CGI images.  Also I take the functioning heat extractor will be allowed or again it is a blank cosmetic?
debris debris debris

Roadways6

Joe5619

Quote from: stevo qld on September 18, 2022, 07:59:35 PM
Restricting my comments to the design of the front and grille area of the next Gen 3 Mustang:

I consider the current road model to be superior,
and I consider the current racing model to look a lot better.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/09/18/compared-new-and-old-gen3-ford-mustang-supercar/

The GT3 grille looks more like a Camaro than a Mustang. :o
Bit hard to compare a real car with pictures.. I'll wait for the real thing before I make me mind up..

Also the grey road car above this the EcoBoost front, the V8 has a different front bar (God knows why they need 2!).. I think I like the V8 front bar better. Not sure why they modeled the Gen3 car off the Ecoboost front & not the V8 one?