News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Liveries

Started by skaifeman, January 26, 2022, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murph_fan51

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on November 30, 2022, 10:30:15 AM
The Red Bull car certainly looks like a 'special' on off livery, but I don't get any holden vibes from it at all. Unless you start zooming in on it, you'll struggle to see anything holden besides the badge.

now THIS, is a great tribute livery.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/11/30/wau-hrt-tribute-livery-breaks-cover/
Looks awesome for sure. Even if they had done one before, this really is probably the livery most Holden fans wanted to see.
debris debris debris

Jetpac013

The Red Bull car certainly looks like a 'special' on off livery, but I don't get any holden vibes from it at all. Unless you start zooming in on it, you'll struggle to see anything holden besides the badge.

Was sort of hoping they would take it right back to the 1988 HSV liveries...

Much prefer the WAU livery over the T8 one....

stevo qld

I like it. It is relatively uncluttered, but 888 does have a lot of sponsors.

And, again, in traditional Holden Racing White.

The NTI car looks much better than the Optus car, which seems to have a thin letter logo sitting at an angle that doesn't suit the body shape contours.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Jetpac013

Quote from: stevo qld on November 30, 2022, 06:21:13 PM
The NTI car looks much better than the Optus car, which seems to have a thin letter logo sitting at an angle that doesn't suit the body shape contours.

Looks like that have put the 90's Optus logo on the Mostert car which is a nice touch.

Sonic

Quote from: Jetpac013 on December 01, 2022, 06:13:06 AM

Looks like that have put the 90's Optus logo on the Mostert car which is a nice touch.

ok ya got me... where are you looking on the car pic to see that?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Jetpac013

Quote from: Sonic on December 01, 2022, 09:21:30 AM

The "Optus" wording on the car is the same as the "Optus" in this 90's logo.

Its just the wording not the full logo they are using.

Sonic

Quote from: Jetpac013 on December 01, 2022, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: Sonic on December 01, 2022, 09:21:30 AM

The "Optus" wording on the car is the same as the "Optus" in this 90's logo.

Its just the wording not the full logo they are using.

gotcha. thanks :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

WAU

Even as someone whose always been a fan of WAU/HRT I kind of think this is underwhelming seeing as it's not only the last time Holdens will be on a Supercars grid, but it's the last time WAU will be with GM before switching to Ford. I thought they would do some more unique than rehashing the Bathurst 2010 livery. There are no visible references to Holden at all. Look at all that white real estate. Why couldn't they have snuck a Holden logo somewhere? It doesn't even reference HSV.

In Red Bull's defense they don't have the same luxury of being able to dig around for retro liveries of their own from 30 years ago so all they could really do is provide a canvas to work off of. At a glance it doesn't look like much, but all the Holden branding going as far back to the 1940s tugs my heart strings. It's subtle, but does the job.

IMO Red Bull's works better as an all round tribute that goes beyond Holden's racing roots whereas WAU's seems more like a retro livery prime for Sandown or Bathurst (Which we've seen before). Disappointed.