News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 09, 2022, 04:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on August 24, 2022, 12:07:28 PM
Thanks Mike! Nice to finally have a decent weekend.
I scored a win in Race 3, too, Kye.  I am not mentioning that I was dead last in Race 1, though.  Me and the cats celebrated our win in the backyard grilling pucks (hamburgers). 

Using Kingsford Charcoal, of course.

Thanks for the livery, Helix.  It worked.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Getting us all back together here..... we will be making a trip across the Tasman Sea to Pukekohe this weekend.  Could be the last race there.  Of course, it could have been the last race at Sandown.  We thought the last race in Adelade was run and it came BACK, so who knows WHAT the future holds.  All I do know is we will be there in NZ this weekend.

I have already made a change for the round.  Feel free to do so also, gents.

mikeamerica84

Past the Midnight witching hour for Pukekohe.  All rosters are locked in.

Have a great weekend, gents.

mikeamerica84

Pukekohe Results are up:

SVG took all three fast times.  Stewards Summary states all penalties were applied during the races.

Race 1 Podium:
1 Pepsi Max Racing / CP / Ford Mustang
2 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
3 WOFTAM Racing / Professor / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 2 Podium:
1 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2 Pepsi Max Racing / CP / Ford Mustang
3 WOFTAM Racing / Professor / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 3 Podium:
1 A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
3 Super Seven Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX

TheArrow

As much as I love the track, it pretty much cost me the 2017 championship and it definitely hasn't helped me this year either.

Helix

Mike on the move, lets go R&K, be tough hunting down Riley but the hunt is on.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Helix on September 12, 2022, 07:01:29 PM
Thanks for the support.  My boys stayed off of the fences and out of the wall this round.   :)

mikeamerica84

Looking ahead to Bathurst, the points scoring/tally will differ from the previous rounds.  The most points any Supercars team can score will be 300.  Remember, this will be a one race round.

For V8CFL scoring, cutting and pasting from the rules:

Each race will be scored for points. For non-enduro rounds Group A through C cars (six cars) count for points. Groups D1 & D2 will not.

For Bathurst, all eleven cars (Groups A - D2) will be scored.

Just a heads-up as to what we are looking at come race day.

For the sake of argument and the way the rules have been drawn up for 2022, it will not be allowed to "write-in" a car/team for Bathurst in either Group D1 or D2.  This means teams like Stanaway/Murphy, Chahda/Robotham, etc., cannot be added to your roster.

As for tiebreakers, we will use the same formula for Bathurst.  From the rules:

All ties will be broken using the following formula:

1) Highest finishing first chosen Group D1 car (points-wise) in race.

2) If tied, highest finishing second chosen Group D1 car (points-wise) in race.

3) If the applicable Group D1 cars do NOT break the tie (cars in the same order), Group D2 cars will be used in the same manner.

4) If tied after both Group D1 and D2 (both groups identical and in the same order) the highest finishing car in Groups A, B, or C will break the tie.

So your Group D cars will eb doing "double duty" this round.  Especially D1.

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 13, 2022, 05:38:47 PM
Thanks for the support.  My boys stayed off of the fences and out of the wall this round.   :)

The gap has grown slightly, Hopefully I can keep it growing too  ;D

Anything can happen at the upcoming rounds though..

mikeamerica84

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on September 16, 2022, 10:11:30 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 13, 2022, 05:38:47 PM

The gap has grown slightly, Hopefully I can keep it growing too  ;D

Anything can happen at the upcoming rounds though..
I think my going up the ladder had more to do with other teams getting blasted with goose eggs due to big shunts - like Anton's Will Brown's, and Courtney's.  I was lucky enough to avoid them.  But that is racing.

For Bathurst, the Group Ds will be scored.  D2 only had four cars to choose from and each team has three of them.  That is pretty watered down.  But D1 has five cars and you only choose two.  That will be the group to watch.  Everyone might want to give a long eye to Group D1 this round, AND you have to factor in who are the co-drivers.

mikeamerica84

Okay, men.  The big one is this weekend.  Rain shortened or not.

I have to work Saturday-Sunday-Monday.  I will not get to watch The Great Race until Tuesday.  This will put me early Wednesday your time.  The results will be tallied immediately post-race.  I hope to get them out by Wednesday evening/Thursday morning Oz time at the latest.

However.... you guys can do a straw tally yourself by going to http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/#2 and clicking on the Circuit Racing link.

Now, NEXT year I will be retired and I can devote my full time to the race results.  Not from the V8CFL but from my profession of 44 years.

But that will be NEXT year.  :)

Remember - all eleven cars on your rosters will be scored this round.

mikeamerica84

The time for Bathurst roster changes has now passed.  All 13 rosters are locked in.

Super Seven Racing Aotearoa/formerlyHolden51 & R&K Motorsports/mikeamerica84 are the only teams with changes.

Remember that we also have the Enduro Cup to fight for this round.

Good luck to all, enjoy the race, no matter how wet it might get, and as always, I'll see you sometime next week on the other side of the checkers.  I am signing off until then to avoid spoliers.

TheArrow

Spoilers for those that haven't watched it yet but Oof I think Bathurst has just wiped me out of the championship hunt.

Edit: having a very rough look at who has who (basically just the top 4 of each team) and I think our Tsar himself might be in with a shot at the gold. Having both 6 and 25, along with 88 and 99... could be the winning combo.

mikeamerica84

Bathurst Results are posted.

A1SimSports, who are atop the table, conquered The Mountain!

Podium:
1  A1 Simsports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2  Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3  K-Miesta Motorsport / kennymiesta / Holden Commodore VF

Enduro Cup Winners:
51 Holden Commodore VF
K-Miesta Motorsport / kennymiesta   
Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505     

mikeamerica84

There was an error with respect to the placings on the table.  The points were accurate, but the order of 3-4-5 was incorrect.  It has since been corrected.

Thanks for your patience this week, men.  I was on the wrong side of working this weekend + Monday and got a late start on watching the great race and tallying the points.