News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 09, 2022, 04:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V8SuperRiley

I should have taken you up on that offer to change Mike haha..
Race one hurt me..

Live by the sword, die by the sword haha, and I chose that sword haha.

Awesome season again, and an amazing job as always Mike. I really appreciate what you do here, as I'm sure we all do.

Helix

We'll see you all at the post race banquet over at Helix's house.  I am sure he will give you directions.

haha i just moved into a new house which is why ive been quiet for a while, i hope this is the last time for a long time.

upside is i have alot of room for activities now and and the road i live on is a bout 3ks of straight flat road so burnouts and drags are a possibility, if we dont get shot by the neighbours lol.

massive congratulations Mike firstly on the well deserved championship, number 1 on the door next season, no more 084. secondly on your retirement , i hope the next few years you will find your groove in retired life and maybe even find your way down under for a race.

congrats to riley for a hard fought year, always near the top and hard to beat. congrats to skaifeman for your podium.

another enjoyable year , numbers might have been down a little but the usual suspects come to play and a couple new faces i hope will stick around, lets gooooo 2023.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on December 06, 2022, 11:02:18 AM
I should have taken you up on that offer to change Mike haha..
Race one hurt me..

Live by the sword, die by the sword haha, and I chose that sword haha.

Awesome season again, and an amazing job as always Mike. I really appreciate what you do here, as I'm sure we all do.
I'll elaborate on what Riley is talking about:

I was out of roster changes.  He had quite a few left.  Other than the tiebreakers, the only difference between our teams was he had ADP and I had Chaz.  Had Riley switched out ADP for Chaz he could have iced me and left it up to the tiebreakers.  We would have then finished only one position apart and I would not have been able to make up the points difference even if I had won both races.

But Riley decided to take the gentleman's/sportsman's route and hold his cards (i.e. ADP).  The miscommunications between he and his DJR crew to pit put ADP way back, and that was that.

So, hats off to Riley for being a good sport and giving me a crack at it.   ;D

As for all of the thanks, you guys are more than welcome.  I enjoy doing this.  In a few weeks I'll start a thread for the 2023 season and we can all toss ideas out on the table as to how to possibly improve our product.  One thing I do wish to bring back is the Tournament.  That got knocked sideways after 2020 and the calendar changes for the Supercars.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Jetpac013

Great series once again, congrats Mike on your first title win  8)

I think swapping 25 for 17 really hurt me in the long run and I should have stuck to what I had... :'(

But that's that and lets see what next year brings  ;)

stevo qld

Next year, I will have to try a few roster changes. After leading the series (OK, after 1st event), I went from rooster to feather duster over the year.

Great series. Thanks Mike.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Kytabu

When does my wooden spoon arrive?
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

TheArrow

Check out the Best Presented Team award thread to vote for your favourite livery/ies of the year!