News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

There was more legislation passed in her term as PM than at any time before - says a lot about her ability to get the job done, unlike the incompetents in place now

History will show her as an effective PM, whilst I don't agree with how she became PM, I think she did a good job while she was

Abbott and the right media made sure she wouldn't last

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on May 15, 2021, 07:10:05 AM
There was more legislation passed in her term as PM than at any time before - says a lot about her ability to get the job done, unlike the incompetents in place now

History will show her as an effective PM, whilst I don't agree with how she became PM, I think she did a good job while she was

not going to get agreement on JG and that's cool... but I have heard the line about "more legislation passed" a number of times now in different discussions about her and so I went googling to find out exactly what it is that she achieved... bottom line? I can't find anything that anyone has done. You would think that there would be a list of what legislation has gone through? both sides bragging rights etc but?? maybe I am asking google the question in a wrong fashion but I'm just not getting any answers.

do you know of any list anywhere that I can look through to see what is attributed to her time with the golden hammer?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Obviously didn't look that hard. NDIS, carbon price, royal commision into child abuse...

https://theconversation.com/labors-legacy-six-years-of-what-exactly-17526
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on May 15, 2021, 11:39:38 PM
Obviously didn't look that hard. NDIS, carbon price, royal commision into child abuse...

still no list.. a generic "yeah we did stuff" isn't what I am looking for.

I want to see the list of what was actually done

Sonic

coyote302

Most Australians disagree and even the Labor party thought she was a liability. That's why they stabbed her in the back and put Rudd back in, as an attempt to reduce the amount of damage, before the landslide win to the Coalition in 2013.
I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Trevor

Quote from: coyote302 on May 17, 2021, 08:12:04 AM

Most Australians disagree and even the Labor party thought she was a liability. That's why they stabbed her in the back and put Rudd back in, as an attempt to reduce the amount of damage, before the landslide win to the Coalition in 2013.
they never thought she was a liability to get stuff done, she was shafted by Rudd who just couldn't let go that he was dumped, add to that he had Abbott and the right media helping knife her

History will show she was an effective PM, but my belief still stands - Australia was not, or is still not ready for a female PM

Trevor

Quote from: Sonic on May 16, 2021, 07:57:43 PM
Quote from: Trevor on May 16, 2021, 03:59:07 AM
wasn't too hard, go to the bottom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillard_Government#:~:text=Major%20policy%20initiatives%20of%20the,the%20National%20Disability%20Insurance%20Scheme.

an another one:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/28/australia-productive-prime-minister

same as above, neither of these carry any list of what was passed. there has to be a record of it somewhere?
did you scroll to the bottom where the legislation was listed?

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on May 16, 2021, 07:54:45 PM

So because you can't find it, it never happened...  LOL!  Trevors Wiki link lists plenty of policy.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on May 18, 2021, 12:20:23 AM
Quote from: Sonic on May 16, 2021, 07:54:45 PM

So because you can't find it, it never happened...  LOL!  Trevors Wiki link lists plenty of policy.

never said that Albert, simply asked the question...

folk these days can't handle a request for info!

Trickyonne

Gillard was amazing....she knifed Kevin then got knifed herself
It think it's fairly evident that her failure had nothing to do with her genitalia but more to do with lack of wisdom and policies. Remember, the Australian public didn't sack her, her colleagues did

Slightly off topic....will Albo embrace coal and blue collar workers or will he loose the next election ?
Paul Murray Live

Trevor

G'day Mick and welcome back

Hope life has been good for you

Trickyonne

its been awesome thanks Trev
Paul Murray Live

Trevor

That's good, glad to hear it

Things are cruising along nicely for me as well