News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

I do. :)  CP is correct.  They are booster shots to keep ahead for the next couple of years.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: CP on July 26, 2021, 02:27:22 PM
Quote from: LG on July 26, 2021, 01:35:49 PM
Why do we have 85 million doses coming in 2023?

Apparently they're booster shots.

nothing to worry about.... just to flatten the curve...

the gov's of the various states are so disrespected is it any wonder there is so much unrest?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

LG

Quote from: AlbertM on July 26, 2021, 02:40:11 PM
I do. :)  CP is correct.  They are booster shots to keep ahead for the next couple of years.

Well I hope we get everyone jabbed twice before we need them.

stevo qld

Quote from: Sonic on July 26, 2021, 02:54:59 PM

the gov's of the various states are so disrespected is it any wonder there is so much unrest?

Unfortunately opposition parties in the various states are also on the nose.

But, above all the media is also disrespected, particularly when they constantly harp and critics whoever have the unenviable job of running the state or running the country.

The noisy minorities and extremists get all the airtime, even on our ABC. Representatives of the 40% approx. moderates on the centre left and the 40% approx. on the centre right get far less airtime than their collective 80% would justify.

The Covid crisis is made a worse crisis by the constant harping and advice from such well known epidemic experts such as morning TV hosts.

Australia has fared better than most countries and the most affected areas seem to be overpopulated places.

Voters are left with the selecting the least worse option.

End of rant.  >:( ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Sonic

Quote from: stevo qld on July 26, 2021, 05:33:07 PM
Quote from: Sonic on July 26, 2021, 02:54:59 PM

Unfortunately opposition parties in the various states are also on the nose.

But, above all the media is also disrespected, particularly when they constantly harp and critics whoever have the unenviable job of running the state or running the country.

The noisy minorities and extremists get all the airtime, even on our ABC. Representatives of the 40% approx. moderates on the centre left and the 40% approx. on the centre right get far less airtime than their collective 80% would justify.

The Covid crisis is made a worse crisis by the constant harping and advice from such well known epidemic experts such as morning TV hosts.

Australia has fared better than most countries and the most affected areas seem to be overpopulated places.

Voters are left with the selecting the least worse option.

End of rant.  >:( ;D

amen Stevo. no disagreement on that at all!

next election we get to choose between a bullet or a noose... think likely it will be that way for both State/Territory and Federal elections ... I have no idea at this point who I could even consider voting for based on how the last 16 months has panned out :(
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

A month of lock down yet cases are still increasing in Sydney.

VIC is easing restrictions,  QLD records Zero. Their concern is a another failure of hotel quarantine in NSW.

Seems Anna and Dan can do better when on holiday then Gladys just going for coffee.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

still no visiting family at home, as homes are super-spreader locations apparently

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

laser

If you live in NSW and use Twitter, you might like the new bot we've released - https://twitter.com/cmcau_bot

One of my juniors wrote it, I just tidied up the tweet format a bit.  It runs every hour and tweets new exposure sites in NSW .... at the moment that's scary how many new sites are coming through daily :(
Webmaster and Subaru WRX fan :)

stevo qld

WOW!

This could have Supercar event ramifications.

It is hard to travel from Qld to Victoria while travelling through NSW without food. drink, sleep and bladder emptying. ;D

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-27/nsw-premier-to-announce-greater-sydney-lockdown-extension/100328276
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on July 27, 2021, 11:34:14 PM
WOW!

This could have Supercar event ramifications.

It is hard to travel from Qld to Victoria while travelling through NSW without food. drink, sleep and bladder emptying. ;D

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-27/nsw-premier-to-announce-greater-sydney-lockdown-extension/100328276
Only Sydney is in lockdown the rest of NSW can move around the state. It's the other states border restrictions that are the going to be the issue.

You can travel Qld to Vic without going through NSW. Or team personnel can fly direct and the transporters can travel with commercial freight passes.

NSW is not restricting anyone coming in so all teams can come to Bathurst. If NSW is still grappling with covid in October it might be hard for teams to go home without quarantining.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

If you missed the NSW premier explaining the new lockdown rules for Sydney LGAs

https://youtu.be/pXw7LYWNi5E
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Interesting article on Qld to Vic transporter travel over 3 days.

QuoteAdhering to New South Wales COVID restrictions, the convoy was unable to stay in motels or eat at restaurants throughout their drive through the state but was able to stop at roadside rest stops as required.

Making a dining table from Tim Slade's driver lounge and using the tailgate as a rain shelter, the teams cooked up a barbecue before resting overnight in their trucks.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/blanchard-racing-team-co-owner-turns-rookie-transporter-driver/
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Quote from: AlbertM on July 28, 2021, 11:38:22 AM
If you missed the NSW premier explaining the new lockdown rules for Sydney LGAs
She went into a lot more detail, but maybe it's me, I couldn't follow much of it at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDoQFcQEpOQ