News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Sonic on August 05, 2021, 07:09:08 PM
Victoria... The place to .... get away from and the sooner the better :'(

So much for being a great place to be, the whole joint has gone to the dogs

so no mention that if Gladys locked down tight at the very start Victoria would not be in lockdow now?  Not going to mention that Phil?  I thought not. I am as unhappy as the next person, but I think of community. 

You would have thought that ALL Governments would have learnt from Victoria's experience in 2020, but no . . . . . no mention of that Phil?  I thought not

No mention of how the Feds have gone M.I.A. since the start. they had 2 jobs . . . . . . . . . . .

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on August 06, 2021, 06:30:52 AM
Quote from: Sonic on August 05, 2021, 07:09:08 PM
Victoria... The place to .... get away from and the sooner the better :'(

So much for being a great place to be, the whole joint has gone to the dogs

so no mention that if Gladys locked down tight at the very start Victoria would not be in lockdow now?  Not going to mention that Phil?  I thought not. I am as unhappy as the next person, but I think of community. 

You would have thought that ALL Governments would have learnt from Victoria's experience in 2020, but no . . . . . no mention of that Phil?  I thought not

No mention of how the Feds have gone M.I.A. since the start. they had 2 jobs . . . . . . . . . . .

Sorry I didn't respond as fully as you would have liked Trev :S

Of course EVERY gov, state and federal, has ballsed this up royally! And EVERY one of us should be royally pissed off about it.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

djr18fan

It seems the only acceptable options according to some here are:

1. Don't lockdown until there's a few deaths (and it's out o control)
2. Lockdown before there are any cases bevause there might be.

Kytabu

Got my first jab this morning. No side effects for me so far twelve hours later.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

AlbertM

Last year Vic was the example what not to do with an outbreak of Covid. NSW is the example why we still need snap, hard lockdowns because they wilfully ignored what happened in Vic.

We're going to suffer lockdowns until we're vaccinated. So ask yourself, would you prefer 2-3 week lockdowns or several continuous months?

Active cases as of 6/8
NSW   3716  (+291 Highest daily increase since the start of the pandemic)
QLD   122  (+10)
VIC   80  (+6)
SA   20
WA   10
NT   7   
TAS   0   
ACT   0      
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on August 06, 2021, 08:49:50 AM

Sorry I didn't respond as fully as you would have liked Trev :S

Of course EVERY gov, state and federal, has ballsed this up royally! And EVERY one of us should be royally pissed off about it.

Not a fair comment. All but the Feds, Vic and NSW have done OK handling the pandemic.

Vic at least has learnt from the past. Feds have ballsed everything they are responsible for. Aged care, Quarantine, Vaccine roll out. NSW repeated the mistakes Vic made 12 months ago, driven by pure political ego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXphrwN1LY

Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: Kytabu on August 06, 2021, 09:12:28 PM
Got my first jab this morning. No side effects for me so far twelve hours later.

got my 2nd AZ shot yesterday, feeling fine today

LG

I see we are back on to the political side of things again...

CP

Quote from: Kytabu on August 06, 2021, 09:12:28 PM

What's the reception like in the government mandated 5G tracking chip?

;D

Armidale and Guyra councils are going into lockdown from 5PM this afternoon.

Clearly it's lurking around in this part of the world.

Kytabu

Well, I'm only on 3G from the first jab, need the second jab for the other 2G. Will let you know ;D.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

AlbertM

Got me first fizzer jab an hour ago. Within 20mins I got very dizzy and light headed while standing. I'm fine sitting or laying down.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

New Zealand continues to get away with it.

Somehow, we botched a port visit by a ship with infected crew, one that involved a positive case in Brisbane, allowed a NZ pilot & a whole lot of port workers onto the ship, and it appears no one caught the virus.

It's inevitable that covid will get back into our country. Eventually we will have to open borders. But I think there's a good chance it will get in before we want it to (and enough of the population have been vaccinated).
That will mean a strict lockdown.
Delta is that contagious.

We have surely used up more than our quota of luck now.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-daily-post/news/covid-19-coronavirus-110-tauranga-port-workers-return-negative-results/377LIFLC3TSG7WOAORWZSXT3VA/

Bloopy

We've had a couple of long clear runs in NZ now so the benefit of behaving during a harsh lockdown is obvious. I think NZers will behave better than they would've if yet another lockdown had happened in say April or May. The protests in Sydney will have inspired the bloody covidiots, but otherwise Australia's really helping by setting an example on how not to be. Sorry guys. ;D

I guess ideally borders would be opened freely after most of us have had a 3rd/booster jab of Pfizer, ie. when the population's protection is at its peak and vaccine effects haven't waned at all. Problem is that's probably too far away for us.

AlbertM

Unlike the first outbreak of the virus across OZ, there is bugger all financial support for those in lockdown. People have no choice but to go to work to live. No coincidence that the majority of spreading in NSW is from the workplace.
Ford Faithful

meha

You are 100% right there Albert, there is going to be more spread as people are going out to work to keep a roof over their heads. Whilst the job keeper when it was first out there was not a perfect system by any stretch at least people stayed home and did the right thing. Now, with over 6000 infected in NSW it is hard to not think that the battle is being lost badly there particularly when you have people going up to Byron Bay knowing that they are infected.