News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Does the Mustang hold up during race distance

Started by Dasha, April 08, 2022, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

skaifeman

Quote from: LG on June 30, 2022, 07:29:08 AM
Different tyre pressures AlbertM.

That very thing that poor SVG was complaining about? Ben Croke agrees:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/06/20/croke-supercars-tyre-rule-tweak-made-racing-worse/

Along with the breather Chaz got under SC. Very heavily documented for those who might be open to a lecture.
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/de-pasquale-safety-car-worked-in-mosterts-favour/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

As I said earlier. it's always something. Wind was probably blowing a different direction too.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 30, 2022, 01:28:45 AM
Quote from: Zac on June 29, 2022, 05:54:56 PM
Less quote, quote, quoting previous posts when bickering would improve things.

bicker: intransitive verb To ingage in petulant, peevish or petty quarrelling also Albert M

The original post in this thread started by Dasha was a reasonable topic and was going well with some reasoned argument. It could get back there...
That would be Engage.

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 29, 2022, 07:15:58 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on June 28, 2022, 02:01:23 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on June 24, 2022, 09:52:21 PM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on June 24, 2022, 09:32:13 AM
I think when they get their set-up right they can hold on over race distance.

Agree.

The car is capable of holding on, it's the drivers and teams that can't get it to hold on consistently now Scotty has gone.
Also helps getting several parity changes in your favour.

ADP had 4 fresher tyres at the end of race 18 and still couldn't rundown Chas with shagged  tyres.
And that says everything you need to know about ADP & nothing about the cars! If Giz was in a Mustang with 4 green tyres & Chaz was in front with 2 older ones, that would have been one more win for Ford!

I like ADP, but his a pussy when it comes to overtaking.. Just like Frosty is a pussy when it comes to overtaking (and you all know what a fan of Frosty I am), that doesn't mean they aren't great drivers & doesn't mean they can't win championships & Bathurst!
Chaz is no SVG to out run ADP either.  I got lectured how it was strategy and fresh tyres that allowed SVG to be 1 second a lap faster at EC. And yet that same strategy didn't work for a Mustang over ZB.
ADP would have been 1sec a lap quicker if he had clean air, but he had a car infront of him who he couldn't get past.. This is not parity, this is driver!

Ospif1

We were told that the parity disparity against the Ford reared its head in the form of tyre conservation.  For Darwin, with very high track temps, the hot pressures are higher than most circuits when dealing with the same cold pressure limit and on top of that, they then raised the minimum pressures further.  The end result of this are hot pressures which exceed the usual ideal limits and thus exacerbate sliding and tyre wear itself.  This would in turn hurt cars which struggle to look after their tyres and widen the performance gap between them.

Darwin results:
Race wins:
Ford - 2
GM - 1

Poles:
Ford - 3
GM - 0

Podiums:
Ford - 6
GM - 3

Top 5:
Ford - 9
GM - 6

I don't believe Ford has an advantage, I believe the parity is as close as it can reasonably be and variance is in team and driver ability.

Sonic

Quote from: Ospif1 on July 01, 2022, 06:46:22 PM
We were told that the parity disparity against the Ford reared its head in the form of tyre conservation.  For Darwin, with very high track temps, the hot pressures are higher than most circuits when dealing with the same cold pressure limit and on top of that, they then raised the minimum pressures further.  The end result of this are hot pressures which exceed the usual ideal limits and thus exacerbate sliding and tyre wear itself.  This would in turn hurt cars which struggle to look after their tyres and widen the performance gap between them.

Darwin results:
Race wins:
Ford - 2
GM - 1

Poles:
Ford - 3
GM - 0

Podiums:
Ford - 6
GM - 3

Top 5:
Ford - 9
GM - 6

I don't believe Ford has an advantage, I believe the parity is as close as it can reasonably be and variance is in team and driver ability.

see, now there ya go bringing in facts into an emotional argument... spoil sport...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

If any thing he has given credit to the theory that Mustang doesn't look after it's tyres as good as ZB. Everyone was in the same heat, tyre pressures yet 4 fresh tyres couldn't out run 4 shagged ones.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on July 01, 2022, 09:29:42 PM
If any thing he has given credit to the theory that Mustang doesn't look after it's tyres as good as ZB. Everyone was in the same heat, tyre pressures yet 4 fresh tyres couldn't out run 4 shagged ones.

In the Saturday race, SVG on 3 fresh tyres couldn't pass Davison who only took 2 and earlier than SVG, and had to settle for 3rd.

And there was no safety car to help Davison, let alone Anton who galloped away in the lead on stuffed tyres.

AlbertM

Quote from: djr18fan on July 02, 2022, 04:42:59 AM

In the Saturday race, SVG on 3 fresh tyres couldn't pass Davison who only took 2 and earlier than SVG, and had to settle for 3rd.

And there was no safety car to help Davison, let alone Anton who galloped away in the lead on stuffed tyres.
SVG took 3 tyres and came back to 3rd from 8th. Didn't get passed Davison because the race ended.
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Quote from: Ospif1 on July 01, 2022, 06:46:22 PM
Darwin results:
Race wins:
Ford - 2
GM - 1

Poles:
Ford - 3
GM - 0

Podiums:
Ford - 6
GM - 3

Top 5:
Ford - 9
GM - 6

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on July 02, 2022, 07:44:23 AM
Quote from: djr18fan on July 02, 2022, 04:42:59 AM

SVG took 3 tyres and came back to 3rd from 8th. Didn't get passed Davison because the race ended.

The only cars SVG passed after his pit stop were zb's (who were unable to go the distance). SVG was right behind Davison at the end of lap 35 and spent 3 more laps unable to overtake him. Wilbur pulled away from SVG on the penultimate lap.

LG

They said that with the increased tyre pressures the tyres went off quickly if following close behind, djr18fan.
That could easily explain why SVG couldn't pass Davo near the end.

Ospif1

Quote from: LG on July 02, 2022, 01:09:51 PM
They said that with the increased tyre pressures the tyres went off quickly if following close behind, djr18fan.
it's not djrfan you should be directing that to, he's not the one in denial about how racing works and the difficulty of passing even with fresher tyres.

LG

Quote from: Ospif1 on July 02, 2022, 01:46:27 PM
it's not djrfan you should be directing that to, he's not the one in denial about how racing works and the difficulty of passing even with fresher tyres.

I responded to djr18fan's post directly above mine thank you...

djr18fan

Absolutely. Same reason a Mustang with better tyres couldn't pass Mostert on Sunday.