News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

WAU to race Mustangs

Started by Zac, May 03, 2022, 04:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarrenK

Quote from: DRB05 on May 19, 2022, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on May 03, 2022, 05:30:37 PM
Would they be in the mind to do more Ford conversions ala what they're doing with the Silverado? Maybe even an eye as the Ford homologation team given there's now a Penske sized hole in the market.

With the Ford announcement that they're bringing the F150 here next year and converting them to RHD and selling through dealers, my money is on Walkinshaw to be the partner in this. Nice tie in, get Ford factory support plus a deal to convert F150s
Walkinshaw will have nothing to do with F150 conversion.  "The F-150 will be remanufactured to right-hand drive by RMA Automotive at a facility in Mickleham, Victoria."

REM

As good as it will be to see Chaz back at home in the blue, really hope that WAU can find some consistency!

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on May 27, 2022, 04:24:58 PM
Ryan interested! Only a matter of time before we can buy a Mustang similar to the Commodores HSV upgrades I reckon.

https://autoaction.com.au/2022/05/26/walkinshaw-interested-in-expanding-performance-business-with-ford?fbclid=IwAR2sYXEj0nzysElrvRUMxwTWw4nCG5qhDxOQGvRSpWHVCvKhUSsfMJjrs6E&fs=e&s=cl

Highly doubt it'll reflect what HSV had with Holden. More likely to be what they're currently doing with the Amarok and the VE/F performance upgrades.
It'll be tough for them, because Tickford and even Herrod would be more so seen as the 'official' factory partner.

I don't think we'll ever again see a local performance arm do what HSV and FPV did in their time.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/ryan-walkinshaw-opens-up-on-ford-switch-for-gen3/?fbclid=IwAR1dJ1RfzmnDjyKVPU-JJBnvqOKSLYSYMZOfxW0x_dkA1EuO1y0mcSVT

This is a really good interview and Ryan makes a fair case! No doubt his points about access to support from Ford Performance and fairness with support re the Camaro and T8 will provoke conjecture.....his comments about the broad ongoing support(including financial) from Ford are also noteworthy....a great interview....

Dasha

Some realy interesting comments, I can understand & respect that there is different opinions.

But as I have mentioned "the main thing I have loved about this category over the years has been the Red V Blue side of things.
Although there will be no Holden branding next year, there will still be a GM V Ford element, so I will still be cheering for the Blue oval V the GM Camaro. 

REM