News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Is it too early to talk about Bathurst? (possible spoilers in the future)

Started by Yamarocket630, June 10, 2022, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Quote from: skaifeman on October 10, 2022, 09:29:57 AM
The intro of Gen3 should shake things up at this track for next year. It's basically been the same three teams on the podium since 2020. 888, WAU and Tickford have this place figured out.
And still every year Skaife tells us there are at least 15 combinations that could win the race.

Without Waters' steering issue at the 500 and SVG's tyre issue at the 1000 last year, the last five races at Mount Panorama would have had 97, 25 and 6 filling the podium.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Quote from: Dasha on October 10, 2022, 10:02:58 AM
As a ford fan I have to say that I am gutted I dont know what it is about Bathurst, the mustangs can do some quick laps during practice etc but just don't seem to be able to mix it with the Commodores at the pointy end.
I am not trying to make any excuses at all the Commodores won it fair & square, better drivers & co drivers & where able to stay out of trouble. 
To be totally honest as a Ford fan I feel very frustrated & disappointed.

Co-drivers are certainly a weak spot for the Ford teams (with hindinsight). A Davison, D'Alberto and Moffat are fine drivers and proved they can hand the car back straight, but in a dog fight I'd have Tander, Fabs, (Holdsworth last year), Whincup.
DJR and Tickford need to throw some money at either Lowndes, Tander (depending if either get ejected), Fabs or Holdsworth (both looking at a WAU drive, but surely they both want Mostert, not Percat).

Ford will be looking good next year. The only Chev chance will be 888. WAU and Tickford have bloody good form around here and you'd assume DJR won't be too far off.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Tickford had a reputation as a provider of excellent cars. Yet top drivers have declined contract renewals (Mostert, Winterbottom etc).

Currently, Tickford cannot seem to attract really proficient co-drivers. Let's face it, they apparently can't even attract mains quality drivers for three out of 4 cars.

Arguably 7 out of 8 of their drivers were deficient.

Edwards getting his knickers in a knot over the Brodie Moffat incident is contrary to official investigations. To suggest that the Monster car could have won ignores that the field were closed up by safety cars and Waters was simply not the top performing driver during the compressed later stages.

Edwards seems to be less vocal over one of his cars absolutely destroying other cars, which surely is much more serious than a touch while racing.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

It would seem that a certain NZ born driver celebrated a little to hard and long last night.

There was a technicolour yawn just off screen on live TV this morning.

We've probably all done it at some stage...  :)  :)  :)

Bloopy

Quote from: skaifeman on October 10, 2022, 11:01:28 AM
Co-drivers are certainly a weak spot for the Ford teams (with hindinsight).

If only Moffat had gotten a better start and then seen Brodie in the mirror it could've been all the difference needed to win. At least Ford fans can say it didn't go as wrong for Moffat at the cutting as it did for Jamie a couple of years ago!

V8SuperRiley

I would have preferred Tickford to stick Best in with Waters. I think it would have been a fantastic combo.

Joe5619

I also think DJR need to stop trying to get Scott here & leaving themself too late to get anyone half decent. Make the call early that "Scott is not coming" & sign a top driver.

Troy01505

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on October 10, 2022, 02:25:44 PM
I would have preferred Tickford to stick Best in with Waters. I think it would have been a fantastic combo.

Spot on, it's all good to attack a driver having a go but Waters was never going to win it with Moff co-driving. Time to look to the future for Ford teams.

Also agree with DJR waiting around for Scott. Just throw dollars straight at the best co-drivers available. If Scotty all of a sudden comes back then throw him in a wild card with Stanaway.

WAU

Ford are fortunate they're getting WAU. DJR have been hopeless at Bathurst since they got reamed for their antics in 2019 and Tickford are always a mixed bag. Atleast it'll be a good battle next year between #97 and #25 again.

But at the end of the day the best combination won. GT is still a gun and put SVG where he needed to, to win. Congrats boys.

fordman

Quote from: WAU on October 11, 2022, 12:14:00 PM
Ford are fortunate they're getting WAU. DJR have been hopeless at Bathurst since they got reamed for their antics in 2019 and Tickford are always a mixed bag. Atleast it'll be a good battle next year between #97 and #25 again.

But at the end of the day the best combination won. GT is still a gun and put SVG where he needed to, to win. Congrats boys.

the top 3 were the 3 fastest of the day, as fr next year will have to see who gets their head around the Gen 3 the quickest.

murph_fan51

Quote from: LG on October 10, 2022, 01:16:52 PM
It would seem that a certain NZ born driver celebrated a little to hard and long last night.

Haha yeah we have all done it at some stage!

Did anyone notice how annoyed Moffat was in the press conference?
debris debris debris

Sonic

Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 11, 2022, 06:25:13 PM

Haha yeah we have all done it at some stage!

was looking at his face in some of my podium pics... didn't want to be there it seemed (at least in the position he was)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Quote from: Sonic on October 11, 2022, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 11, 2022, 06:25:13 PM

was looking at his face in some of my podium pics... didn't want to be there it seemed (at least in the position he was)

Is it possible that Moff was advised that he is not in the team next year?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: Trevor on October 11, 2022, 07:34:49 PM
IMHO Moffat is a waste of space

He makes me nervous. Over defending, always seems to be pushing 110% making him privvy to a mistake.
Parking it right on the line at the starting grid was just the start of the day.

Maybe not a waste of space, but to have the plumb drive with Waters...
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977