News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townies (Spoliers)

Started by REM, July 08, 2022, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zac

Quote from: TheArrow on July 09, 2022, 02:59:57 PM
Friendly reminder that SVG started on pole exactly on the racing line. Which is the clean side of the road.
Err... no. Pole is exactly off the racing line. The dirty side.

Ospif1

Quote from: Zac on July 09, 2022, 07:10:33 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on July 09, 2022, 02:59:57 PM
Friendly reminder that SVG started on pole exactly on the racing line. Which is the clean side of the road.
Err... no. Pole is exactly off the racing line. The dirty side.
It's on the edge.  Davison was definitely way off the racing line while SVG was on the edge of it as seen here.

https://imgur.com/a/NObDkIf

Zac

Those pics show that pole is off the racing line, but so is 2nd, so it doesn't make a big difference at Townsville.
I agree with you that it was a fun race - well, certainly not boring. There was plenty going on throughout the field throughout the race, but I'm having a think about what would make that race less boring and predictable for those who thought that it was. Maybe if Will Davison started on pole, but dropped behind SVG by almost 20 seconds after his second stop after taking on a big load of fuel,  but came blazing back to nail Shane with about two laps to go...  There's probably some who would regard that as a sleepy, predictable borefest - but it's hypothetical at best. (No offence, REM. It's still my shout at SMP :-*.)

AlbertM

ZB has speed to burn. SVG had lost a chunk of his points buffer since Winton, so he's back to using it. As Zac said, plenty of action through the rest of field. Tickford really should have thrown a big bag of cash at Heimgartner last year. He's racey in a BJR puss bucket.

Given the rubber laid down during practice. I doubt there is much of a dirty side to start from.

Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 09, 2022, 10:04:59 AM
Quote from: Sonic on July 08, 2022, 09:44:45 PM
saw that they had trouble with a manhole cover... if only they had somewhere to race that didn't have them... like maybe... a race track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUwn8NIZBFg   :-\

I remember that one  :'(
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Sonic

Quote from: REM on July 09, 2022, 06:12:51 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on July 09, 2022, 05:40:24 PM
I enjoyed that one, fun race.  Good to see some new faces in the mix closer to the front as well.  Looking forward to tomorrow.
Good that someone is enjoying it.....😉, but jeez, the forum is dead for a race weekend hey....

that's coz we have truck racing at Winton!!  ;D
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Quote from: Sonic on July 09, 2022, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: REM on July 09, 2022, 06:12:51 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on July 09, 2022, 05:40:24 PM
I enjoyed that one, fun race.  Good to see some new faces in the mix closer to the front as well.  Looking forward to tomorrow.
Good that someone is enjoying it.....😉, but jeez, the forum is dead for a race weekend hey....

that's coz we have truck racing at Winton!!  ;D
lol! Truck racing would be heaps more exciting and less predictable for sure!!

REM

Quote from: Zac on July 09, 2022, 07:56:31 PM
Those pics show that pole is off the racing line, but so is 2nd, so it doesn't make a big difference at Townsville.
I agree with you that it was a fun race - well, certainly not boring. There was plenty going on throughout the field throughout the race, but I'm having a think about what would make that race less boring and predictable for those who thought that it was. Maybe if Will Davison started on pole, but dropped behind SVG by almost 20 seconds after his second stop after taking on a big load of fuel,  but came blazing back to nail Shane with about two laps to go...  There's probably some who would regard that as a sleepy, predictable borefest - but it's hypothetical at best. (No offence, REM. It's still my shout at SMP :-*.)
Zaccy- if WD did that, there would be a subsequent parity adjustment for sure...😉

AlbertM

Again, SVG making excuses for his speed. Given he is the only driver to even mention the "P" word this year. Is it playing on his mind?
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Silly mistake from Davison to get penalised for Qualy.  1 Place is pretty light though so he's kinda gotten away with it on this occasion.

v8man11

Quote from: AlbertM on July 09, 2022, 08:20:40 PM
ZB has speed to burn. SVG had lost a chunk of his points buffer since Winton, so he's back to using it. As Zac said, plenty of action through the rest of field. Tickford really should have thrown a big bag of cash at Heimgartner last year. He's racey in a BJR puss bucket.

Given the rubber laid down during practice. I doubt there is much of a dirty side to start from.

The ZB has speed to burn but the fastest car in the last part of the race when they were on the supersoft was Cam Waters and I believe he drives a Mustang,  he says hinmself he had a bad first sector of the race

skaifeman

Davo copped it there. He needed to move over once he had the overlap on Waters.

Waters with a bump and pass SVG style.
Scott Pye took an inch too many.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Ospif1

That was a great battle to the end. Will be a deserved penalty for him.

TheArrow

Whatever little sportsmanship respect I had for Shane is gone.

Ospif1

Impressive tyre conservation and speed at the end for Anton towards the end as well, was a proper equal battle in that regard.