News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

The Bend Supersprint - Spoilers possible

Started by Trevor, July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Quote from: REM on August 01, 2022, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2022, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: REM on August 01, 2022, 08:17:33 AM
So easy to switch off these days....

Best's pole was the weekend highlight......ZB's are just way, way too strong...

Bathurst will be 25 versus 97.....
I did for the most part, I did all my chores and 'borrowed' my sons Kayo login and watched the last race yesterday arvo, turned off with about 5 laps to go, there was something more interesting to do outside, pick up dogsh!t  ;D

It used to be so exciting, SVG versus Scotty was balls to the wall great stuff.....it's all just so just bland and predictable now.....anyways....

SVG is in a league of his own. He has the right car that has speed in reserve if needed.

Going into The Bend. A track that has been kind to the Mustang.  Everyone thought we're in for a humdinger of a round. The title race might even get closer.  Trevor started the thread  Troy called it 1-2 for Ford. The telecast played up Ford's chances. Zac Best's pole position made it look like we're in for some good racing.  In the end nothing changed.

SVG will eclipse Scotty's race wins in a season. Back then it was to the detrimental to the sport. Something had to be done to improve the racing. But now...
Ford Faithful

Trevor

They are not going to change anything with the Gen 3 on the horizon - they are in 'caretaker mode'.  Actually I reckon RACE's focus is on keeping the boat from sinking

fordman

Quote from: skaifeman on August 01, 2022, 09:39:49 AM
Quote from: fordman on August 01, 2022, 08:04:40 AM
why is the teams championship over? still rounds to go? and only a small gap.

Manufacturers (refer Albert's comment) Championship, not Teams Championship.

Glad to see both Andre and Randle avoided serious injuries, testament to the safety of these things, which lately have really proven themselves.
Shame that Mostert knocked Davo off, both had pace to challenge for the podium. Chaz put his hand up afterwards too (it was pretty clear), despite what was otherwise a great drive.

Brodie Kostecki always impresses in the rain - and when you compare that to his cousin over in the fantastic Tickford car...

Thanks for that my mistake.

AlbertM

Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2022, 11:26:24 AM
They are not going to change anything with the Gen 3 on the horizon - they are in 'caretaker mode'.  Actually I reckon RACE's focus is on keeping the boat from sinking

Not wrong.
Ford Faithful

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 10:34:25 AM

I did for the most part, I did all my chores and 'borrowed' my sons Kayo login and watched the last race yesterday arvo, turned off with about 5 laps to go, there was something more interesting to do outside, pick up dogsh!t  ;D

It used to be so exciting, SVG versus Scotty was balls to the wall great stuff.....it's all just so just bland and predictable now.....anyways....

SVG is in a league of his own. He has the right car that has speed in reserve if needed.

Going into The Bend. A track that has been kind to the Mustang.  Everyone thought we're in for a humdinger of a round. The title race might even get closer.  Trevor started the thread  Troy called it 1-2 for Ford. The telecast played up Ford's chances. Zac Best's pole position made it look like we're in for some good racing.  In the end nothing changed.

SVG will eclipse Scotty's race wins in a season. Back then it was to the detrimental to the sport. Something had to be done to improve the racing. But now...
And they used the EXACT same cars as last year!!

REM

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 01, 2022, 04:17:45 PM

Yep, they were top 3 in the championship, won Bathurst...won pretty much everything...the Mustang has never achieved this, not even in 2019...imagine if it did....how severe would the handicappers be!!  :D

Iggle Piggle

Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 09:00:05 AM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 31, 2022, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on July 31, 2022, 07:36:07 PM
Holden don't exist. The marque was pulled down and packed away two years ago.

Yes, however the ZB Commodore racecars are still recognised by the Supercars category as Holdens, and Supercars themselves say Holden have clinched the Manufacturer's Championship.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holden-clinches-2022-manufacturers-title/

The Holden marque may have been retired the other year but does not mean the ZBs are not Holdens.

They stopped making Ford Falcons in 2016.  Does that mean Falcon did not win a championship in 2018?
That's right, the marque is gone. Therefore it can not compete. I never said the ZB were not Holdens. Supercars has to play up the manufacturers trophy to keep have the Holden troglodytes happy.

And bad comparison with Falcon. Ford still exists, Falcons are still being raced.

ZB Commodores are Holdens - Holdens are still being raced, even if the company does not exist.

But have it your way - well done Ford for coming second to a competitor that does not exist.  Coming second in a one-horse race is not something you see every day.

I really cannot understand how someone could turn off the third race yesterday at any stage - there was great racing throughout the pack throughout the race.  Not just good close racing with lots of 'real' position changes (on-track passes that were not a result of artificial gimmicks), but the skill that was on display was great to watch throughout the field. And the telecast was not just focused solely on the front-runner(s) so we got to see it too.

Guess that is me.  Sure, a win always makes it more enjoyable, but I can still enjoy a great race even if results don't go my way.  Good example was that Bathurst, (think maybe 2007?), where it was wet towards the end and three Falcons filled the podium but CL and Junior had a ripper race over those last few laps.  ****ed if I will ever be the guy that would turn that off because Holden were not a chance - almost feel sorry for those that would deny themselves seeing good racing because of how results look like they are going to pan out, but then you see how those people carry on and realise sympathy should go to those that know them and have to put up with them and that attitude.

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 01, 2022, 04:17:45 PM

And..? What point are you trying to make?
Ford Faithful

Skip

Who's Holden's second challenger after Giz? Maybe moz who's off to ford next year anyway, then daylight. I reckon the fords are doing ok.

AlbertM

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 01, 2022, 05:54:38 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 09:00:05 AM
Quote from: Iggle Piggle on July 31, 2022, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on July 31, 2022, 07:36:07 PM
Holden don't exist. The marque was pulled down and packed away two years ago.

Yes, however the ZB Commodore racecars are still recognised by the Supercars category as Holdens, and Supercars themselves say Holden have clinched the Manufacturer's Championship.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holden-clinches-2022-manufacturers-title/

The Holden marque may have been retired the other year but does not mean the ZBs are not Holdens.

They stopped making Ford Falcons in 2016.  Does that mean Falcon did not win a championship in 2018?
That's right, the marque is gone. Therefore it can not compete. I never said the ZB were not Holdens. Supercars has to play up the manufacturers trophy to keep have the Holden troglodytes happy.

And bad comparison with Falcon. Ford still exists, Falcons are still being raced.

ZB Commodores are Holdens - Holdens are still being raced, even if the company does not exist.

But have it your way - well done Ford for coming second to a competitor that does not exist.  Coming second in a one-horse race is not something you see every day.

They are race cars with badges. Built by the teams.

You said and I quote "Holden taking out the Manufacturer's Championship in the final year in which the marque competes." The marque is not competing , the marquee is dead. ZB is still being raced because there is no replacement. Not because it is backed by a marque.

If you want to get technical. ZB is not even a GM product, let alone a Holden.
Ford Faithful

Iggle Piggle

Rage against it all you want, but it is not me you need to convince.  Supercars are chalking up the win to Holden and adding it to their tally, so despite what you may think they are putting it on the scoreboard and in the history books.

stevo qld

Quote from: AlbertM on August 01, 2022, 06:22:51 PM

If you want to get technical. ZB is not even a GM product, let alone a Holden.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bloopy

Quote from: skaifeman on July 30, 2022, 10:24:23 PM
Both moved, although I thought Best still was moving. Obviously not.

I looked back at the start more carefully, and it was seriously close. TV isn't necessarily that accurate, but after his first larger move it looked like Zak actually inched forward and stopped again twice more right before the lights went out. Gambling big time!

AlbertM

Quote from: Iggle Piggle on August 01, 2022, 07:06:13 PM
Rage against it all you want, but it is not me you need to convince.  Supercars are chalking up the win to Holden and adding it to their tally, so despite what you may think they are putting it on the scoreboard and in the history books.
No rage. Just correcting your mis-information. I'm not denying Holdens Supercar record.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Quote from: Bloopy on August 01, 2022, 09:31:15 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on July 30, 2022, 10:24:23 PM
Both moved, although I thought Best still was moving. Obviously not.

I looked back at the start more carefully, and it was seriously close. TV isn't necessarily that accurate, but after his first larger move it looked like Zak actually inched forward and stopped again twice more right before the lights went out. Gambling big time!

The TV broadcast did not show the start. It had a quick intro, then commenced the race with Best leading on lap 2.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN