News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Good question. Where would 888 be without SVG now?

888 domination has come from 1 driver. Whincup lead a decade of success. It took that long to replace him.

Look what happened when a dominate team loses its top driver. HRT, SBR, DJR... 888 have struck lightning twice. Helped by the fact that SVG's closet rivals retired or left the series.
Ford Faithful

Bloopy

Where would SVG be if Scotty Mac hadn't inspired him to up his game?

fordman

Quote from: Bloopy on March 19, 2023, 12:13:42 PM
Where would SVG be if Scotty Mac hadn't inspired him to up his game?

Did I hear correctly SVG contract up this year and looking to USA next year???

Zac

I wouldn't know. 'Newcastle Spoliers', wasn't it?

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on March 19, 2023, 10:14:32 AM

888 domination has come from 1 driver. Whincup lead a decade of success. It took that long to replace him.

Look what happened when a dominate team loses its top driver. HRT, SBR, DJR... 888 have struck lightning twice. Helped by the fact that SVG's closet rivals retired or left the series.

Triple 8s domination comes from the solid foundation they built their team on, they always have a contingency plan in place.

When Giz disappears they'll have a top class championship winner take his place, just like they did with Lowndes, Jdub and every other team member that moves on to greener pastures just to get hosed by their old team.

Love them or hate them, whatever they have in place works and works ****ing well.

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 19, 2023, 10:29:34 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 19, 2023, 10:14:32 AM

Triple 8s domination comes from the solid foundation they built their team on, they always have a contingency plan in place.

When Giz disappears they'll have a top class championship winner take his place, just like they did with Lowndes, Jdub and every other team member that moves on to greener pastures just to get hosed by their old team.

Love them or hate them, whatever they have in place works and works ****ing well.

Yet that solid foundation was soundly be beaten in short order by that blow in Penske.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: AlbertM on March 19, 2023, 11:53:26 PM
Yet that solid foundation was soundly be beaten in short order by that blow in Penske.
too true, well said
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on March 20, 2023, 10:35:31 AM
too true, well said

Except Penske was no blow in, he brought the solid foundations to the team, seems like he took them.when he left too

Triple 8 lost their appeal but still a perfect display of the dominance we are going to see all year. Hopefully Tickford can actually string together a consistent year for Waters so Ford have a chance.

stevo qld

I feel that 888, in the future, will be reluctant to converse with Adrian Burgess on any point.

Certainly, as with other teams, such as Erebus, they will demand any statement from Adrian be in writing. Personally, I still favour Police style Body cameras and recorders.

In a way, I feel sad for the drivers as the fault was attributed to actions by the team, but history has many car disqualifications affecting innocent drivers.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

T8 lost their appeal results stand

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on March 22, 2023, 11:34:52 PM
Certainly, as with other teams, such as Erebus, they will demand any statement from Adrian be in writing.

It's as simple as that, as with any job really.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on March 22, 2023, 11:34:52 PM
I feel that 888, in the future, will be reluctant to converse with Adrian Burgess on any point.

Certainly, as with other teams, such as Erebus, they will demand any statement from Adrian be in writing. Personally, I still favour Police style Body cameras and recorders.

In a way, I feel sad for the drivers as the fault was attributed to actions by the team, but history has many car disqualifications affecting innocent drivers.

888 are the Camaro homologation team. They will have no choice talking to Burgess.

They admitted they assumed that Burgess gave them the go ahead. They assumed wrong. In this case body cameras and recording devices would be detrimental to 888.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 22, 2023, 10:06:26 PM
Quote from: Trevor on March 20, 2023, 10:35:31 AM
too true, well said

Except Penske was no blow in, he brought the solid foundations to the team, seems like he took them.when he left too

Triple 8 lost their appeal but still a perfect display of the dominance we are going to see all year. Hopefully Tickford can actually string together a consistent year for Waters so Ford have a chance.

888 foundation begins to crack with rule breaches and wasting money on hopeless appeals.
Ford Faithful

bb

It won't make any difference to the outcome at the end of the year.
Shane's too good and nobody stands up to him.

John Bowe needs to start a school showing these guys how to defend 8)