News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Allow this Yank to pick up the 1 wood and tee the 2023 Supercars off season right down the middle of the fairway.

Oh.  Wait.  It looks like inclement weather/rain is in the forecast.  Could be a banana slice off into the trees.  I'll take a mulligan if that's okay with you.

But the country club is open for 2023!  New Gen 3 cars!  Parity in question!  Street course!  Those cool coal freighters sailing in and out of the channel!  Nobby's Head!

Let us raise our glasses and celebrate our fortune here on our planet!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

anyone want to take a punt on what the changes will be between the Sat and Sun race while they are still figuring out what the cars are supposed to be?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on March 08, 2023, 02:16:52 PM
anyone want to take a punt on what the changes will be between the Sat and Sun race while they are still figuring out what the cars are supposed to be?

Don't think there'll be anything overnight. I fully expect if before the AGP though.
Really looking forward to the weekend of racing. New cars and potentially a new status quo, hopefully earnt and not some parity debate!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

I'll have a look for highlights at some point if they are out there. I'll be flat out for the weekend at Island Classic which is a huge event and well worth going to if you happen to be in Vic :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

murph_fan51

Quote from: Sonic on March 08, 2023, 06:10:13 PM
I'll have a look for highlights at some point if they are out there. I'll be flat out for the weekend at Island Classic which is a huge event and well worth going to if you happen to be in Vic :)
Seems Supercars ramped up their YouTube presence in the last year or so.
debris debris debris

meha

Quote from: Sonic on March 08, 2023, 02:16:52 PM

Ah but we have been assured that the cars have achieved parity.  ::) ::)

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on March 08, 2023, 06:10:13 PM

Was going to head down as crew for the '77 Bathurst pole sitter, after finally ducking and weaving to get it within the period reg's.
Decided against it as the chance of rain and a 6mo wait on wet's became apparent!

Enjoy the weekend!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Have they done anything to the circuit since the series last raced there?  New pavement/resurfacing?  Tweaking corners?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 09, 2023, 12:56:55 PM
Have they done anything to the circuit since the series last raced there?  New pavement/resurfacing?  Tweaking corners?

Just the 12m addition which was implemented for the 2019 event:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/02/01/newcastle-500-track-build-begins/

This weekend they run on the new softer tyres, opposed to the 2019 spec.

Practice 1 starts at 11:15am track time.
Qualy on Saturday, followed by a Top 10. Same for Sunday. Race start at 3:20pm both days.

SetonFan

These new TV graphics are a real step backwards - hard to read from a distance (especially when they are in the pits when it's nearly impossible).

Kytabu

Quote from: SetonFan on March 10, 2023, 11:29:43 AM
These new TV graphics are a real step backwards - hard to read from a distance (especially when they are in the pits when it's nearly impossible).
They are woeful. And to think that someone probably got paid a lot to come up with that.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

SetonFan

Interesting day - glad that there weren't too many gremlins or incidents. Looks like not too many surprises in the pecking order but certainly will be a few capable of springing a surprise tomorrow.

Joe5619

Quote from: SetonFan on March 10, 2023, 11:29:43 AM
Agree... When they are in the pits, you can't read it.. How do things like this get approved & make it our screens?

The cars look great, bring on the rest of the weekend.

TheArrow

Apparently the graphics aren't supposed to be like that and should be fixed in time for tomorrow.

And yeah, it seems like all the build up to a shaken up pecking order has been for nothing. I know it's just been 3 practice sessions and no racing yet, but so far it's much the same.

Hopefully the racing improves at least and we get some variety there.

Brazen

Quote from: TheArrow on March 10, 2023, 05:35:43 PM
Apparently the graphics aren't supposed to be like that and should be fixed in time for tomorrow.

Did they say this did they? Must have missed it