News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArrow

Quote from: Brazen on March 10, 2023, 07:28:24 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on March 10, 2023, 05:35:43 PM
Apparently the graphics aren't supposed to be like that and should be fixed in time for tomorrow.

Did they say this did they? Must have missed it

Twitter

Sonic

doesn't sound like I missed a whole lot at Newy today. mostly uneventful at the Island for the Historics too.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

hsv8fan

Well this is a completely different response from them compared to a twiiter announcement i saw on a different page.
Telling everyone to "#get over it"  A lot more than "several viewers" aren't happy.

"Supercars will implement a fix for its new television graphics in time for Saturday action at the Thrifty Newcastle 500.

The championship debuted a new graphics package on the opening day of the 2023 season, in conjunction with the debut of the Gen3 race cars in competition, and consistent with its new marketing campaign.

The change was met with frustration by several viewers, however, with certain design elements making driver names difficult to read.

While the new package appeared to have a number of teething problems, the biggest gripe was with how drivers were denoted as being in pit lane."

Their name on the 'totem pole' was not only shown in a light grey box but written in grey also, making it close to impossible to read.

A tweet from Supercars' official Twitter account earlier today advised, "Supercars is aware of an error with the new graphics package which will be amended this evening in time for tomorrow's action."

AlbertM

What was the actual telecast like. From the highlight videos I watched on the Supercars site, the camera's were jumping around all over the place like they were hand held.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

Just finished watching a bit.  Graphics and bouncing cameras aside, I noticed (maybe remembered?) the porches on the outside of Turn 9, which is now Turn 8 (?), high enough to see over the (fake) signage.  A couple of those porches were not enclosed but open air.  No one was on them.

I think we all remember a few years back when McLaughlin had the bug wreck at the Gold Coast during the race and a damper would up on one of the balconies.  These porches at Turn 8 looked half awesome/half scary.

Can Supercars, or the city dictate to not use them for safety purposes?  Seems like if it is your house you should be able to do as you please.

On a different note, as I watch the practices, a far cry in global weather from the March snow here to there.

Be glad you are there.  :)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on March 10, 2023, 09:38:04 PM
What was the actual telecast like. From the highlight videos I watched on the Supercars site, the camera's were jumping around all over the place like they were hand held.
You most likely saw the in car on helmet cameras, there are terrible..

It didn't work in the 00's (or was it the 90's) when Seton had one, why did they think it would work now? Add they have 6 of them on 6 different drivers.. O the serenity :)

AlbertM

Talking about the track cameras.
Ford Faithful

TheArrow

Camaro's topping all sessions so far, including the test day...

Ospif1

I'd say 0.037sec between the top Chev & Ford is about as close as one can realistically get.

TheArrow

Quote from: Ospif1 on March 11, 2023, 11:42:48 AM
I'd say 0.037sec between the top Chev & Ford is about as close as one can realistically get.
But it's more fun to complain about it being unfair.

Ospif1

Quote from: TheArrow on March 11, 2023, 11:50:14 AM
Is it? I'd feel pretty pathetic if I was still complaining.

TheArrow

Quote from: Ospif1 on March 11, 2023, 11:58:07 AM
Lol I guess my joke went about as well as the Shell cars in that qual session

stp01

The cars look great on track!  I was never a fan of the ZB or the last Mustang, so it's a refreshing change.
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Ospif1

Quote from: TheArrow on March 11, 2023, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: Ospif1 on March 11, 2023, 11:58:07 AM
Lol I guess my joke went about as well as the Shell cars in that qual session
your joke was understood. The comment wasn't directed at your post

Joe5619

I dont understand how DJR can be so weak?  The longer Penske is in the past, the slower they get..