News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 11, 2023, 05:07:35 PM
Bor-ish race, but i think that's the track.. It does look like they can overtake easier, which should be good for better tracks.

I think this too... Newey has always been way too tight... AGP and Perth will be better tests

AlbertM

Quote from: stp01 on March 11, 2023, 06:18:20 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 11, 2023, 05:43:37 PM
No post race posts? Everyone fall asleep?

After all the hub-bub, it's status quo.
Come on, it was pretty exciting when they displayed the Ford logo under Van Gisbergen's name after he crossed the line! Quality telecast!

That's why I was the only one posting after the race.
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

Rubbish race, this track is not suitable for these cars.  Well done to SVG & T8 though.  Once again the cream rises to the top.

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

Joe5619

Quote from: murph_fan51 on March 11, 2023, 08:08:12 PM
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/protest-received-after-newcastle-opener/

So what's going on here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What a stupid press release.. Is that all they are going to tell us?

stp01

Tickford and WAU have protested 888.

The driver cooling system must be mounted in the passenger seat area, but the 888 cars were filled with dry ice from the driver's door. So it may come down to an analysis of the cooling system design to see if it meets the rules.

Decision will be announced in the morning.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/11/stewards-deliberations-continue-over-triple-eight-protest/
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Joe5619

Troy01505

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 11, 2023, 08:43:44 PM
Quote from: stp01 on March 11, 2023, 08:41:08 PM
Tickford and WAU have protested 888.
What for?

Apparently Tickford and WAU drivers cracked it at their team because Triple 8  had cooler drivers in their cars.

Ospif1

Seems like something worth protesting.  Rule is clear on the location and they were filling from the other side so questions should be asked.

AlbertM

They are American cars. Their passengers sit on the righthand side. ;)
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Having read the following:
Quote...Teams are using two different driver cooling methods at the Newcastle Street circuit – conventional dry ice chilled water and air circulation or a sealed mini-aircon system.

At least half the field has adopted the ChillOut refrigeration unit pioneered in Supercars last year by Triple Eight and Erebus.

The sealed system uses refrigerated air to chill the water that circulates through the drivers' cool suits, worn under their fire-resistant apparel.

The existing ChillOut device can't supply cooled air to the drivers' helmets, unlike the dry ice boxes, which feed chilled air through a tube connected to a duct on the top of the helmets.

Driver "air conditioning" that does away with dry ice containers was part of the Gen3 plan from the start, but across-the-board adoption was delayed as Supercars' motor sport department grappled with more pressing technical concerns.

For the time being, teams have the option of sticking with their dry ice systems or adopting the ChillOut unit, which several teams have. ...
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/11/supercars-plans-driver-cooling-change/

in particular, " the ChillOut refrigeration unit pioneered in Supercars last year by Triple Eight and Erebus. "

Having read that, i was interested to see 888 adding dry ice, apparently to the old system and not the Chillout. The occasions that I noticed, they added the dry ice through the Passengers side door.

The rule states
Quoterule states in its entirety:

C16.2 Driver Cooling System

16.2.1 Any Driver cooling system that contains a cooling medium must be:

16.2.1.1 mounted within the cockpit utilising the mounting points designated in the GSD for the passenger seat; and

16.2.1.2 constructed in a manner which to the satisfaction of the HoM, has been designed to ensure the safe containment of the entire system during reasonably foreseeable loading conditions
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/11/stewards-deliberations-continue-over-triple-eight-protest/

From reading the rule, it seems to demand a particular location, but nothing to stop a pit crew from reaching over the driver from the driver's side door, although I only saw it through the passenger's door.

I await the results tomorrow, but judging by the remarks on posts, a few forumites will not be watching such an allegedly boring event.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

The only time I saw 888 refilling from the driver's side they weren't leaning across the driver.
They were doing something between the driver and the RHS door.

murph_fan51

Quote from: LG on March 12, 2023, 08:30:01 AM
The only time I saw 888 refilling from the driver's side they weren't leaning across the driver.
They were doing something between the driver and the RHS door.
Same here.

Still no update on the news on the Supercars website...
debris debris debris

Joe5619

These are the days of our live!!

This seems like such a clear breach? Surely this needs to be a disqualification for both cars? ****s about to hit the fan.

Wrighty05

I'm hearing both cars have been disqualified

Waters wins