News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrighty05

Mostert and Percat as teammates will be very interesting...

skaifeman

Quote from: Wrighty05 on September 18, 2021, 02:39:13 PM

Came from that Super2 class of 2012. From memory, McLaughlin, Mostert and Percat never got on?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

And very strong.  Does Nick bring any sponsors with him wherever he winds up, like R&J Batteries?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Troy01505

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 19, 2021, 12:11:40 AM
And very strong.  Does Nick bring any sponsors with him wherever he winds up, like R&J Batteries?

No idea but Walkinshaw are clearly no where near returning to the benchmark team they once were.

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on September 20, 2021, 07:57:30 AM

No idea but Walkinshaw are clearly no where near returning to the benchmark team they once were.

They're the closest they've been since about 2011. Trajectory looking good.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on September 20, 2021, 10:38:13 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on September 20, 2021, 07:57:30 AM

They're the closest they've been since about 2011. Trajectory looking good.

Good but not great, not sure they have the cash injections the other top class teams have.

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on October 05, 2021, 05:24:23 PM

Did not see this coming.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/05/tickford-msr-set-for-shock-2022-driver-swap/

I see the possibility of Truck Assist and Boost money involved. Truck Assist seem to have been stuffed about by Tickford and I think there is already involvement by them with MSR or one of their companies.

I don't think Courtney has been confirmed yet  by Boost and would not be surprised to see him out of a full time drive.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Quote from: stevo qld on October 05, 2021, 07:32:20 PM

Did not see this coming.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/05/tickford-msr-set-for-shock-2022-driver-swap/

I see the possibility of Truck Assist and Boost money involved. Truck Assist seem to have been stuffed about by Tickford and I think there is already involvement by them with MSR or one of their companies.

I don't think Courtney has been confirmed yet  by Boost and would not be surprised to see him out of a full time drive.

Theres a fair bit of talk about Stanaway at the moment. Will he get a Boost drive somewhere? Doubt it would be run out of Tickford though  ;D
debris debris debris

REM

Did not see this coming.

Wanna bet!! :-) ;)
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/courtney-secures-new-multi-year-supercars-deal/?fbclid=IwAR11BFebPZbWUV3sH7A_LpLuLXRUoXEtZiGcLRmLnqBNsOIseKVI1YA-pcs

stevo qld

Quote from: REM on October 07, 2021, 08:06:22 PM

Did not see this coming.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/courtney-secures-new-multi-year-supercars-deal/?fbclid=IwAR11BFebPZbWUV3sH7A_LpLuLXRUoXEtZiGcLRmLnqBNsOIseKVI1YA-pcs

Consider me suitably surprised. It just shows that pay to drive ( or sponsor pays for the drive) trumps talent.

Tough. That is the way of the world of Motorsport.

Maybe Boost has a second team entry for another driver, who shows promise.

PS> I may be doing Courtney a mis service. The announcement is a contract with Tickford NOT Boost. (after reading several versions).

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Quote from: stevo qld on October 07, 2021, 08:55:42 PM
PS> I may be doing Courtney a mis service. The announcement is a contract with Tickford NOT Boost. (after reading several versions).
Interesting how the article skirted the issue of Boost being involved in the future.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Troy01505

Courtney still has a place on the grid providing he actually mentors his team mates, I'd rather see him their then other older drivers who offer 2/5s of **** all to the younger generation

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on October 07, 2021, 08:55:42 PM
Quote from: REM on October 07, 2021, 08:06:22 PM

Did not see this coming.

Consider me suitably surprised. It just shows that pay to drive ( or sponsor pays for the drive) trumps talent.

Tough. That is the way of the world of Motorsport.

Maybe Boost has a second team entry for another driver, who shows promise.

Adderton has been quoted saying that the deal has been made with Boost unconfirmed with any team next year.
There's either an assumption by Tickford, or looking for stability with the other two seats looking very different.

Not a bad move to have some consistency heading into Gen3.