News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Anybody else thinking Cam might have gone to the dark side and re-joined his old mate Chaz? Nothing from WAU on 2nd driver and nothing from Tickford or Waters either.....what gives? Feeling a bit nervous.....

murph_fan51

Quote from: REM on October 13, 2021, 03:54:55 PM
Anybody else thinking Cam might have gone to the dark side and re-joined his old mate Chaz? Nothing from WAU on 2nd driver and nothing from Tickford or Waters either.....what gives? Feeling a bit nervous.....
It's possible. WAU (or HRT as it was back then) almost had a Monster energy deal. It could finally happen?

That could mean Percat heading to Prodrive then?
debris debris debris

REM

I really hope not- it's lopsided enough as it is.....GM have the best team now, the best aero package and pretty much all the best drivers....

Troy01505

Thought Cam signed on beyond 2021 a long time ago

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on October 13, 2021, 11:57:49 PM
I'd say Cam is safe:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/waters-fairly-safe-at-tickford-amid-contract-clause/

However, as you say, why not make it official?

And why no confirmation of the 2nd WAU seat either....??  :-( :(

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

Troy01505

stevo qld

Could COKE be changing their Monster advertising dollars to a team that takes Pither?

It also occurs to me that COKE/Monster's biggest sales area might be Sydney area and there is only one Team in Sydney area?

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on October 14, 2021, 02:52:42 PM
Could COKE be changing their Monster advertising dollars to a team that takes Pither?

It also occurs to me that COKE/Monster's biggest sales area might be Sydney area and there is only one Team in Sydney area?

I think the Coke sponsorship with Pither comes from the Australian supplier, not Coke directly.
Whereas the Monster money (I'd assume) comes from Monster. Two different books.

There was a bit of debacle about this when Pither first started with Team Sydney... from memory I don't think Coke even knew they were sponsoring a car?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

LG

But that team is currently an also ran so I doubt very much the answer to your question would be in the positive.
Monster get plenty of air time where they are now.

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on October 14, 2021, 03:37:36 PM

But that team is currently an also ran so I doubt very much the answer to your question would be in the positive.
Monster get plenty of air time where they are now.

888 Machinery. Dr Slater back. new mechanics and a decent pile of sponsor money would move Team Sydney up the grid, particularly with a decent driver.

Waters is highly regarded by some people, but he is probably driving the best car in the field.

On the other hand, maybe COKE just want to spend less than Tickford charge. There are new owners this year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-16/coca-cola-amatil-sale-to-europe-shareholder-vote/100071594

All conjecture from pretty well all of us here. ;D

Personally, I would like to see the Monster money go to MSR, or maybe Erebus where they might get 2 cars, with excellent current drivers, for what Tickford charge for one.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

kennymiesta

Not sure that Coke make Monster. They make Mother don't they?

stevo qld

Quote from: kennymiesta on October 14, 2021, 07:13:59 PM
Not sure that Coke make Monster. They make Mother don't they?

https://www.ccamatil.com/au/Our-beverages/Monster-Energy
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

MSR starting fresh next year with Goddard also out:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/15/goddard-confirms-end-of-year-msr-departure/

Both super-lite drivers fly the coup.