News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murph_fan51

What a turn around for Fabs, in the best team 2020 to the least best team in 2021 to out in 2022.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/pither-in-coulthard-out-at-new-look-premiair-racing/
debris debris debris

Sonic

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 20, 2022, 03:36:15 PM
What a turn around for Fabs, in the best team 2020 to the least best team in 2021 to out in 2022.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/pither-in-coulthard-out-at-new-look-premiair-racing/

More Coke money than Fabs was able to bring?

Who could really know what goes on within the teams decision making process.... there is what is said publicly and what is never said.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

To be honest. I think it's a win/win.

Pither was always going to come in with his Coke money. So that's one seat down. Only question is, where does that leave Macauley?

For the other seat, you have Fabs, 39, and Jacobson, 29. I'd take the young guy to build upon, who was just a whisker behind Fabs last year in pace.
Fabs now moves on to give the big one a proper shake for 2-3 years. Surely he has the top seat at either DJR, Tickford or WAU. Or would he prefer to (likely) wobble around battling for 15th?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Too bad for Fabs but that is how it goes sometimes.

You guys and all this talk about Coke money.  Sounds like drug kingpins buying in!   8)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on January 20, 2022, 03:57:21 PM
To be honest. I think it's a win/win.

Pither was always going to come in with his Coke money. So that's one seat down. Only question is, where does that leave Macauley?

For the other seat, you have Fabs, 39, and Jacobson, 29. I'd take the young guy to build upon, who was just a whisker behind Fabs last year in pace.
Fabs now moves on to give the big one a proper shake for 2-3 years. Surely he has the top seat at either DJR, Tickford or WAU. Or would he prefer to (likely) wobble around battling for 15th?

Would Fabs want to return to DJR (even though they do perform well still) given it didn't feel like a nice departure for him?

WAU? Maybe? A different branding on the squad since he was last there.

Tickford? A possibility.

Disappointing way for the guy to go from hero team to not wanted for a full time gig in the space of 12 months.

stevo qld

From reading some of the many articles, I gather that only Coulthard was a paid driver with Team Sydney and that was probably taken out of the Tony Quinn sponsorship money/ and therefore the suggestion was that Jacobson was not paid by Team Sydney.

It was also suggested that Peter Xiberras actually owned one of the Team Sydney cars in 2021. As he was sponsoring one car, then maybe Jacobson was effectively already working for PremiAir.

Considering the huge wordage published about the deal, I am not chasing the references, which may or may not be accurate.

Coulthard was near to ending his career as a full timer and, like Tander, he might win big as a co-driver.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

Team Kiwi for Bathurst could be an option? Think he would be a better option than Murph with much more recent seat time.

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on January 20, 2022, 07:12:31 PM
Team Kiwi for Bathurst could be an option? Think he would be a better option than Murph with much more recent seat time.

Coulthard probably won't have the media attention of Murph - which is all Adderton is usually after.
Plus, I don't think Fabs would waste a year if he had an offer from one of the above teams.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Fabs will slot straight into the co-driver seat beside Chaz

stevo qld

i have been thinking that an excellent co-driver will probably get paid better in a top team than a desperate full timer grasping at a drive in a lowly team.

Have a better chance at a Bathurst win too. ;D

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Hard pressed to see Fabian anywhere but WAU.

Since Bathurst 2019, I have suspected that the slowing right down to 40kms or whatever was a dummy spit....nothing more than an inkling....but they(Ryan) were pretty quick to cut him hey, Ryan has been pretty clear he knew nothing about it....so it will be interesting to hear his side of the story some day....

Bloopy

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 20, 2022, 03:36:15 PM

Well, I'd say he certainly underperformed in 2018 and 2020 at least. Can't hide behind car deficiencies any more in a top team like that. Already had his shot and showed the best he's got.

Skip

Rem I'm not sure Ryan knew nothing about it. If my car was almost stopping on Conrod I'd want to know what the drama was. The debriss coment clearly showed it wasn't fabs call.

REM

Quote from: Skip on January 21, 2022, 01:31:59 PM
Rem I'm not sure Ryan knew nothing about it. If my car was almost stopping on Conrod I'd want to know what the drama was. The debriss coment clearly showed it wasn't fabs call.

Did you listen to Ryan on Rusty's garage? It's quite enlightening....Ryan has actually won damages concerning peoples allegations re this too he confirms.....from memory Ryan commented "Ï was horrified at what I saw occurring....", it sure would be interesting to hear Fabians account of what happened....

Skip

Yeah I listened to that one. I think that translated to "I was horrified that we got caught out and take no responsibility for the team's actions.