News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Our campsite (with the box trailer and dunny)

Some random drunk Holden bloke dribbling to my son who is in the flanno shirt - Saturday night at its finest

Practice Saturday - our neighbours

Bloody cold Sunday arvo - a few dead soldiers in front to us lol

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

for anyone wanting a look through the week from (mostly) the Chase check out my photo page on fb (Phil Wisewould Photography)... plenty of fun for everyone unless you were paying the bills :S
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on December 07, 2021, 06:17:55 AM
I think I will ban myself from going to any future events, every time I go Holden win, I have never been there for a Ford win.

Too busy to post pics and other stuff - sorry

I reckon you should do a season tour to farewell the Opel next season so it goes out on a high.

REM

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 09, 2021, 04:39:18 PM
Quote from: Trevor on December 07, 2021, 06:17:55 AM
I think I will ban myself from going to any future events, every time I go Holden win, I have never been there for a Ford win.

Too busy to post pics and other stuff - sorry

I reckon you should do a season tour to farewell the Opel next season so it goes out on a high.

If even Ludo cant make the Stang a race winning package in it's current guise.....I doubt Holden will need "the curse of Trev" to grab another win!  ;)

mikeamerica84

Trev, I find it absolutely humorous that you brought your own dunny!

Thanks for the pics, guys.  While watching the race when they had the multiple helicopter shots when going over the top, I found myself looking at the campground layouts/locations moreso than the racing.  Trying to get a feel for the scene so to speak.  It's been a few decades since we camped at a race.

Glad the weather cooperated for you all, too.

As for the race itself, what a dominating performance by the WAU car.  888 had a little for them late but fate did them in so we never got to see what may have been.  And other than the TV scoring pylon not being updated from time to time for long periods of time, the coverage was great IMO.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Ospif1 on December 05, 2021, 12:46:03 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 05, 2021, 12:03:19 PM
Contemplate this, guys:
If your answer "Yes", now let me up the ante:  Would they DQ a Red Bull car for the same infringement?  J-Dub in his final race?

This is the problem with part of the fanbase.  Hypotheticals with zero evidence or basis to be mentioned but expressed as a fact which only contributes to the ever growing false narrative of favouritism bordering on corruption in the stewards office.

It was just a question.  That is some deep thought you gave it.   ;D

Quote from: stevo qld on December 05, 2021, 12:49:50 AM
I wonder if the Scrutineers removed and weighed the doors of all top 10 cars or maybe all 25 cars.
Perhaps anyone who can answer stevo's question might answer mine?  Did someone drop a dime on Erebus?  Is the inspection random?  Do they take the Top 3?  5?

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 10, 2021, 01:38:51 AM
Mike, we didn't bring one with us, we hired one from a local vendor, they delivered it when we got there Thursday and picked it up after we left

The toilets on the top of the mountain can be pretty putrid, so we decided to hire one of our own

As a side note, there were HEAPS of empty camp sites up the top and it looked like there were heaps of empty camp spots in the Chase

We did our mandatory track walk Saturday night and even that was reasonably quiet

PHARK IT!!!!!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trevor on December 10, 2021, 04:28:35 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 10, 2021, 01:38:51 AM
Mike, we didn't bring one with us, we hired one from a local vendor, they delivered it when we got there Thursday and picked it up after we left.
I fell a little better now, Trev.  I was wondering how you got the thing back home with 'everything' still inside (or not).   :)

Quote from: Sonic on December 09, 2021, 01:21:34 PM
for anyone wanting a look through the week from (mostly) the Chase check out my photo page on fb (Phil Wisewould Photography)... plenty of fun for everyone unless you were paying the bills :S
Where were you standing when you were taking the shots, Sonic?  Atop the pit road building?

Thanks for The Chase look(s).

Sonic

it was empty Trev. inside the Chase is normally packed well before the race start. I gave it half full at best. The campgrounds had so many empty spots it was crazy. Perhaps a part of the covid issue.

Mike, nope, I was at ground level for most of it. If you look at the few pics from outside the Chase you will see a flag post with the Jim Beam area to the left. I was in there for the most part. The few 'upper' shots I took from upstairs in the Repco area a little further to the left.

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on December 10, 2021, 01:52:52 PM
it was empty Trev. inside the Chase is normally packed well before the race start. I gave it half full at best. The campgrounds had so many empty spots it was crazy. Perhaps a part of the covid issue.

Mike, nope, I was at ground level for most of it. If you look at the few pics from outside the Chase you will see a flag post with the Jim Beam area to the left. I was in there for the most part. The few 'upper' shots I took from upstairs in the Repco area a little further to the left.

Repco and BP gave away free grandstand upgrade tickets on sunday to fill the stands on the front straight, I thought it was a pretty good effort to get the crowd they did, Given Qlders couldn't come nor any other locked down state, three date changes would have stuffed many workers plans, many had used up holidays in lockdowns etc,

I appreciated a whole week of Grandstand use for NO EXTRA CHARGE. 8)

Thought it stupid requiring campers to wear 2 wrist bands when the one given at the camp gate proved Vax status.  ::)

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on December 10, 2021, 03:14:42 PM

Repco and BP gave away free grandstand upgrade tickets on sunday to fill the stands on the front straight, I thought it was a pretty good effort to get the crowd they did, Given Qlders couldn't come nor any other locked down state, three date changes would have stuffed many workers plans, many had used up holidays in lockdowns etc,

Thought it stupid requiring campers to wear 2 wrist bands when the one given at the camp gate proved Vax status.  ::)

agreed that it was prob a good crowd considering no Qld, WA or Tas (I think that is correct). and the date changes definitely had an effect for some.

didn't know about the free grandstand seats! would have gone down and taken advantage of it at least for a little bit.

Trevor

that is news to me

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on December 10, 2021, 08:02:31 PM

agreed that it was prob a good crowd considering no Qld, WA or Tas (I think that is correct). and the date changes definitely had an effect for some.

didn't know about the free grandstand seats! would have gone down and taken advantage of it at least for a little bit.

I heard they gave them out at the front gate not sure they advertised it, there were still seats in my grandstand but was fuller than Saturday.

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on December 11, 2021, 05:28:43 AM
that is news to me

Upon entry to campground after proving cax status was given pink arm band, told this would get us in the gates without having to reprove status, logical. Day 1 worked ok, day 2 was told at entry gate needed a black wrist band to prove same thing as the pink one ::) told to go to front gate info point, did so was told this was wrong was never challenged again, but saw plenty of black wrist bands as well as colored.

Kytabu

We had to show our vaccination status and ticket every time we went through the main gate down the bottom, even though we had to show both of those to get our McPhillamy wristbands. The woman thought I was being a smartass when she asked for my ticket and I just held my wristband up.

In February I'm fairly sure that once we had the camping wristband we didn't have to show our tickets at any gate from that point on.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"