News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meha

Our state has now changed the rules for those over 30 can now sign up for the Phizer vaccine from this week gone. So I have just signed up, first available time 10th of September. Oh well, if me having the vaccine helps someone from getting sick in the future then it is a no brainer for me.

AlbertM

Good stuff meha

After weeks of trying, I finally have a booking. Next Monday I will be shot.
Ford Faithful

meha

and you too Albert.

I also suspect that we will need to have it in the not too distant future to be able to go to things or to be able to go out anywhere

Troy01505

My workplace has 1000+ employees in it and has done 3 days of vaccinations for workers, their families and next one are offering friends of employees. They are still pushing **** up hill to convince more then 30% of staff to be injected and that is with the rumour that the company is going to limit hours to all permanent part-time and casual employees unvaccinated!

Not sure how people can think it's a population cull or why people do not research the effort and financing that has gone into modifying a vaccine to combat the virus properly.

stevo qld

QuoteFruit and vegetable processor SPC has become the first Australian company to mandate vaccines for all onsite staff and visitors.

Key points:
Shepparton food processor is the first Australian company to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for staff

All of SPC's 450 onsite workers will receive paid vaccination leave and up to two days of special leave to recover

Chairman Hussien Rifai believes his company is an essential service to the community

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-05/spc-first-australia-company-to-mandate-covid-vaccine-staff/100351492
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Tasv8

I booked in for my jab 3 weeks ago and I've still got to wait until 5th September before I can get my first shot.

I remember saying to my next door neighbour almost exactly a year ago that before the end of this we would all have to be vaccinated or face restrictions with overseas and local travel and more than likely restrictions on where you can shop or use your local facilities. He just scoffed at me and said it would never happen. Well, it appears now that not only will it happen, it will be part of daily life before too much longer.

In any event, it doesn't worry me because I'm too old to give a **** ;), but I can see more civil libertarians jumping up and down and no doubt more mass protests.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-05/covid-vaccination-passport-how-it-could-work/100350778

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Tasv8 on August 05, 2021, 10:18:32 AM
I booked in for my jab 3 weeks ago and I've still got to wait until 5th September before I can get my first shot.

I remember saying to my next door neighbour almost exactly a year ago that before the end of this we would all have to be vaccinated or face restrictions with overseas and local travel and more than likely restrictions on where you can shop or use your local facilities. He just scoffed at me and said it would never happen. Well, it appears now that not only will it happen, it will be part of daily life before too much longer.

In any event, it doesn't worry me because I'm too old to give a **** ;), but I can see more civil libertarians jumping up and down and no doubt more mass protests.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-05/covid-vaccination-passport-how-it-could-work/100350778
Huge difference here.  Not to rub salt in the wounds, but from what I gather at the huge Meijer Supermarket and all-inclusive everything else store here in town, you can go up the the pharmacy window, show them your insurance card, fill out a form and wait for about 15-20 minutes.  Then they call you into the back room and administer the shot.  They are doing the Pfizer one (I think).
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Tasv8

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 05, 2021, 10:40:17 AM

Huge difference here.  Not to rub salt in the wounds, but from what I gather at the huge Meijer Supermarket and all-inclusive everything else store here in town, you can go up the the pharmacy window, show them your insurance card, fill out a form and wait for about 15-20 minutes.  Then they call you into the back room and administer the shot.  They are doing the Pfizer one (I think).
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 05, 2021, 10:40:17 AM

Yes Mike, I live in Tasmania ( The little blob at the bottom of the mainland  :).) It's different up North in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and they get their shots up there pretty quickly. That's where the bulk of our population is located and where the most political votes are to be gained (only joking). Another thing is we haven't had a covid case in this state for nearly 8 months so we're probably not a high priority at this point of time.

AlbertM

Quick, knock on a piece of wood Tasv8, A plane full of Melburnians landed in Tassie and all told to go in to isolation. Whole state of Vic going back into lock down tonight.
Ford Faithful

Tasv8

Quote from: AlbertM on August 05, 2021, 04:56:23 PM
Quick, knock on a piece of wood Tasv8, A plane full of Melburnians landed in Tassie and all told to go in to isolation. Whole state of Vic going back into lock down tonight.

I've been in lockdown for years 8). Generalisimo Dan will keeps all the Vics safe.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Tasv8 on August 05, 2021, 11:02:20 AM
Yes Mike, I live in Tasmania ( The little blob at the bottom of the mainland  :).) It's different up North in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and they get their shots up there pretty quickly. That's where the bulk of our population is located and where the most political votes are to be gained (only joking). Another thing is we haven't had a covid case in this state for nearly 8 months so we're probably not a high priority at this point of time.
I feel for you, Tas.  I really do.  It is one thing if one does not wish to get a vaccine.  That is a personal choice and rapidly becoming a political choice over here.

But it is another thing when one wishes to get the vaccine, but cannot - like yourself right now.

On a sidebar, I wouldn't knock your little blob.  From everything I have ever seen there (never in person), it looks like a cool place to be.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Victoria... The place to .... get away from and the sooner the better :'(

So much for being a great place to be, the whole joint has gone to the dogs
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

Quote from: Sonic on August 05, 2021, 07:09:08 PM

Someone needs to push him down the stairs again, his deputy did not lock up areas that didn't need it and it worked so not sure why we are coming to locking down the entire state.

CP

It's inching ever so closer to my part of the world. They've found more poo fragments in the sewerage at Armidale and Dubbo, plus cases around Newcastle and other parts of the Hunter.

From 5pm today, most of the Hunter from Muswellbrook to Newcastle is locked down, and the horsey people around Scone are free to roam.

I understand as to why it's locked down like that, as a lot of miners live in Newcastle and work at the mines around Singleton and Muswellbrook. A few make their way to Gunnedah too, so that is a tad concerning.

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on August 05, 2021, 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 05, 2021, 07:09:08 PM

Someone needs to push him down the stairs again, his deputy did not lock up areas that didn't need it and it worked so not sure why we are coming to locking down the entire state.
On the bright side, you'll be out of lock down before NSW...again.  ;D
Ford Faithful