News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Will Davidson 2023 season

Started by Dasha, June 18, 2022, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on June 21, 2022, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: REM on June 20, 2022, 06:13:30 PM
It's a really tough one! He stood up so well to SVG the past round or two....while you might sign Brown for the future, he is realistically 3-4 years away from Davo's current results......

With a timeline like that, Stevo is probably right. Re-sign Davo for 2 more years, then bring Brown in.
If DJR are still at the top of their game in 2 years time, they can likely get anyone they want anyway... they're in a similar position to 888.

Don't know about that timeline thing. Will brown and Anton in top grade machinery would push each other to new limits.

I am not sure DJR can provide the car required now Penske and his resources are gone.

madbugger

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 21, 2022, 05:37:26 PM
It's a really tough one! He stood up so well to SVG the past round or two....while you might sign Brown for the future, he is realistically 3-4 years away from Davo's current results......

With a timeline like that, Stevo is probably right. Re-sign Davo for 2 more years, then bring Brown in.
If DJR are still at the top of their game in 2 years time, they can likely get anyone they want anyway... they're in a similar position to 888.

Don't know about that timeline thing. Will brown and Anton in top grade machinery would push each other to new limits.

I am not sure DJR can provide the car required now Penske and his resources are gone.

Yet there they are, leading the teams championship
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

REM

Quote from: madbugger on June 22, 2022, 05:37:19 AM

Only just by 14 points or whatever, with a rookie in car 88.....I doubt that DJR has the budget or resources now that T8 have...but who really ever knows.....last season there wasn't a DJR car in the top three......or even a Mustang for that matter.....

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on June 22, 2022, 05:58:26 AM

Only just by 14 points or whatever, with a rookie in car 88.....I doubt that DJR has the budget or resources now that T8 have...but who really ever knows.....last season there wasn't a DJR car in the top three......or even a Mustang for that matter.....

They're are the top for a reason REM, as a squad they have beat the others. No reason this can't continue - especially given their recent form.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

djr18fan

Mustangs were 2nd & 3rd in the championship last year.
When you talk about teams and their cars being good enough, the teams championship is more relevant.

REM

Quote from: djr18fan on June 22, 2022, 07:00:23 PM

When you talk about teams and their cars being good enough, the teams championship is more relevant.

I thought it was SVG, from Jamie, from Chaz....happy to be corrected! :-)  The closest Stang was over 500 points off......

https://www.supercars.com/championship/2021-repco-supercars-championship-points/

The Fords have overall better teams combined(next year even more so), but the Stang package is not quite equal to the ZB nowadays, and T8 is still the best team....

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on June 23, 2022, 06:04:29 AM
Quote from: djr18fan on June 22, 2022, 07:00:23 PM

I thought it was SVG, from Jamie, from Chaz....happy to be corrected! :-)  The closest Stang was over 500 points off......

https://www.supercars.com/championship/2021-repco-supercars-championship-points/

The Fords have overall better teams combined(next year even more so), but the Stang package is not quite equal to the ZB nowadays, and T8 is still the best team....

He's talking Teams Championship.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

djr18fan

No the stang is not the equal of the zb. It's superior. The last round proved it.

AlbertM

Quote from: djr18fan on June 23, 2022, 05:11:50 PM
No the stang is not the equal of the zb. It's superior. The last round proved it.

Wonderful logic. The stang wins, it's superior? ZB has won 3 times more races this year. LOL!
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Clearly, the current cars will not be raced by Davison in 2023, so any allegations of current car parity are moot.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

He's won the excellence awards for round 6 here in V8 Central Forums so surely he'll be on the grid in 2023 I think  ;)
debris debris debris