Author Topic: Will Davidson 2023 season  (Read 983 times)

Offline Troy01505

• View Profile
Re: Will Davidson 2023 season
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 05:37:26 PM »
It's a really tough one! He stood up so well to SVG the past round or two....while you might sign Brown for the future, he is realistically 3-4 years away from Davo's current results......

With a timeline like that, Stevo is probably right. Re-sign Davo for 2 more years, then bring Brown in.
If DJR are still at the top of their game in 2 years time, they can likely get anyone they want anyway... they're in a similar position to 888.

Don’t know about that timeline thing. Will brown and Anton in top grade machinery would push each other to new limits.

I am not sure DJR can provide the car required now Penske and his resources are gone.

Offline madbugger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 05:37:19 AM »
It's a really tough one! He stood up so well to SVG the past round or two....while you might sign Brown for the future, he is realistically 3-4 years away from Davo's current results......

With a timeline like that, Stevo is probably right. Re-sign Davo for 2 more years, then bring Brown in.
If DJR are still at the top of their game in 2 years time, they can likely get anyone they want anyway... they're in a similar position to 888.

Don’t know about that timeline thing. Will brown and Anton in top grade machinery would push each other to new limits.

I am not sure DJR can provide the car required now Penske and his resources are gone.

Yet there they are, leading the teams championship
If you don’t like my comment, ignore it. If you don’t know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Offline REM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 05:58:26 AM »

Only just by 14 points or whatever, with a rookie in car 88.....I doubt that DJR has the budget or resources now that T8 have...but who really ever knows.....last season there wasn't a DJR car in the top three......or even a Mustang for that matter.....

Offline skaifeman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 08:48:27 AM »

Only just by 14 points or whatever, with a rookie in car 88.....I doubt that DJR has the budget or resources now that T8 have...but who really ever knows.....last season there wasn't a DJR car in the top three......or even a Mustang for that matter.....

They're are the top for a reason REM, as a squad they have beat the others. No reason this can't continue - especially given their recent form.
"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Offline djr18fan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2022, 07:00:23 PM »

Mustangs were 2nd & 3rd in the championship last year.
When you talk about teams and their cars being good enough, the teams championship is more relevant.

Offline REM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 06:04:29 AM »

When you talk about teams and their cars being good enough, the teams championship is more relevant.

I thought it was SVG, from Jamie, from Chaz....happy to be corrected! :-)  The closest Stang was over 500 points off......

https://www.supercars.com/championship/2021-repco-supercars-championship-points/

The Fords have overall better teams combined(next year even more so), but the Stang package is not quite equal to the ZB nowadays, and T8 is still the best team....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:09:43 AM by REM »

Offline skaifeman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 07:49:46 AM »

I thought it was SVG, from Jamie, from Chaz....happy to be corrected! :-)  The closest Stang was over 500 points off......

https://www.supercars.com/championship/2021-repco-supercars-championship-points/

The Fords have overall better teams combined(next year even more so), but the Stang package is not quite equal to the ZB nowadays, and T8 is still the best team....

He's talking Teams Championship.
"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Offline djr18fan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 05:11:50 PM »
No the stang is not the equal of the zb. It's superior. The last round proved it.

Offline AlbertM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2022, 01:39:50 AM »
No the stang is not the equal of the zb. It's superior. The last round proved it.

Wonderful logic. The stang wins, it's superior? ZB has won 3 times more races this year. LOL!
FORD - The last manufacturer left standing in Supercars

Offline stevo qld

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2022, 08:07:11 AM »
Clearly, the current cars will not be raced by Davison in 2023, so any allegations of current car parity are moot.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline murph_fan51

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2022, 06:32:31 AM »
He’s won the excellence awards for round 6 here in V8 Central Forums so surely he’ll be on the grid in 2023 I think  ;)