News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Quote from: stevo qld on December 03, 2021, 09:49:18 PM
i like that Will Brown will be sponsored by Boost next year in a 2 car Boost Erebus team.

Feeney won't need Boost now he is going to Red Bull/Ampol.

I wonder if Courtney will be ditched.

further, I would not be surprised to find Nash Morris in a Boost Super 2 as part of the Erebus Academy.

Courtney won't be ditched. He will be sponsored by Boost for the rest of his Supercars career.

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on December 16, 2021, 06:53:53 PM
i like that Will Brown will be sponsored by Boost next year in a 2 car Boost Erebus team.

further, I would not be surprised to find Nash Morris in a Boost Super 2 as part of the Erebus Academy.

Courtney won't be ditched. He will be sponsored by Boost for the rest of his Supercars career.

That's great news for Courtney for 2022. I wonder if he will be part of team Boost Sydney, if it happens, in 2023. He would make an experienced mentor and enduro driver.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on December 16, 2021, 07:12:32 PM
Quote from: LG on December 16, 2021, 06:53:53 PM

That's great news for Courtney for 2022. I wonder if he will be part of team Boost Sydney, if it happens, in 2023. He would make an experienced mentor and enduro driver.

Pretty sure that JC is a now a proper Tickford driver......Boost can come and go if they wish, but Courtney has a lengthy contract with Tickford.....

skaifeman

Erebus have done well securing sponsors through getting results.
First, Penrite was only backing one car until results came, expanded to two cars. Now Boost have done the same. Love them or hate them, their form does the talking.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

skaifeman

WOW! What was it that Lee was saying? Something along the lines, of 'I'd rather take home a Bathurst win than drive an average car for the year.' Either way, good on him.
First time since 2010 to have both defending Bathurst Champs on the grid for a full season!

Now let's see what Reynolds really has. If Lee tops him next season, that could end him.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

IMHO, Lee was the best of the Tickford drivers, but the three who stayed on for 2021 all had sponsors money to continue the gig.

Again, IMHO, Lee would have been a far better choice for the 2nd seat at WAU for 2022.

Congratulations to Lee. May he enjoy being the number one driver at Grove.

I wonder if his car is also to be Penrite sponsored or was Lee just using an oversize Penrite jacket for the publicity pics?

Is Ned going to BJR?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on December 17, 2021, 11:00:17 AM
IMHO, Lee was the best of the Tickford drivers, but the three who stayed on for 2021 all had sponsors money to continue the gig.

Again, IMHO, Lee would have been a far better choice for the 2nd seat at WAU for 2022.

I wonder if his car is also to be Penrite sponsored or was Lee just using an oversize Penrite jacket for the publicity pics?

Is Ned going to BJR?

Better than last seasons runner up! That's a big call!! Well done to Lee.....hope Grove lifts and he surprises  people....

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on December 18, 2021, 07:10:18 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on December 17, 2021, 11:00:17 AM

Is Ned going to BJR?

Better than last seasons runner up! That's a big call!! Well done to Lee.....hope Grove lifts and he surprises  people....

Lee's best chance at being competitive next year was to stay put with Chaz. This is not the first time a co driver has looked like a superstar driving someone else's fast car fast. Luckily for Grove it's only a year.

From memory at Tickford he was on par with Daveys results at Erebus. Both looked ordinary on track and were lucky that others had bad seasons. Grove is in for a tough debut season I reckon.

REM

Agreed Troy- it was only 2019 that all the Reds on socials were complaining that "even Lee H being quick" was proof that the Stang was too good.....funny to see them talking him up this year.....he was certainly more deserving than JLB....

stevo qld

Allegedly Waters was the best placed loser in 2020, but Supercars website has wiped all years before 2021.

IMHO REM, the Tickford Fords have been the best over the last couple of years, or at least the favoured child's car. :D

But the 2022 race off between Reynolds and Holdsworth for a single available Grove 2023 seat should be interesting. :)

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/12/18/groves-keen-on-healthy-competition-between-reynolds-holdsworth/
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Pretty funny one liner from Percat:

QuoteIt is a lot different to when it was JC and Garth, Holden Racing Team, I guess trying to be king dick between the two of them
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/12/27/percat-wau-culture-has-changed-for-the-better-since-hrt-days/

I'd say Garth was the king, but JC swung harder, if you know what I mean 8).

So if I'm reading this right:
https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/sponsorship-shake-up-supercars-teams/7073988/

888: Lose Supercheap, gain Vodafone.
WAU: Lose Appliances Online and Middy's, gain Supercheap and likely major Optus sponsorship for Chaz. Percat to run Truck Assist colours.
Courtney: Lose Boost, gain Appliances Online.

brighty08

Is there any momentum regarding MSR attaining a third license for Goddard, who without a doubt, was one of the standout young guns in 2021?

stevo qld

If MSR do manage to get a third License, then I would be very surprised to see Goddard driving it, based on Goddard's comments when he (or his team) decided not to accept the deal with MSR.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

SetonFan

Grove would have been better off giving Goddard a chance rather than Holdsworth