News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on January 21, 2022, 03:54:41 PM
Quote from: Skip on January 21, 2022, 01:31:59 PM
Rem I'm not sure Ryan knew nothing about it. If my car was almost stopping on Conrod I'd want to know what the drama was. The debriss coment clearly showed it wasn't fabs call.

Did you listen to Ryan on Rusty's garage? It's quite enlightening....Ryan has actually won damages concerning peoples allegations re this too he confirms.....from memory Ryan commented "Ï was horrified at what I saw occurring....", it sure would be interesting to hear Fabians account of what happened....

Ryan has to say that! But anyway not sure that is relevant right now.

Fabs would be one very safe pair of hands in a co-driver role and WAU would be stupid not to outbid the rest to pair him up with Chaz.

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on January 24, 2022, 01:20:02 PM
Quote from: Sonic on January 24, 2022, 12:33:29 PM
No Newy...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/24/supercars-confirms-newcastle-500-postponement/

Anton would be licking his lips!

Big shame though, Newcastle to SMP is a bit of a hype-loss.

Agreed. Esp after having the 4 in a row last year and the bore fest that was with the lack of imagination in the rounds.

BUT I am never sad to see the back of a street circuit.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

murph_fan51

No Newy...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/24/supercars-confirms-newcastle-500-postponement/
I don't know what's least of surprise. Not racing at Newcastle or racing at SMP.
I agree with Sonic, 4 rounds in a row last year and again for the first (and possibly more??) is a bore fest. Realise they don't have a lot of options.
debris debris debris

Sonic

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 24, 2022, 06:48:10 PM
No Newy...

I don't know what's least of surprise. Not racing at Newcastle or racing at SMP.
I agree with Sonic, 4 rounds in a row last year and again for the first (and possibly more??) is a bore fest. Realise they don't have a lot of options.

agreed with a limited workforce any street circuit is in for hell

but disagree with SMP... multiple configs plus day/night plus sprint/mid/enduro options gives plenty of scope to keep it interesting

Joe5619

For the love of God, why EC AGAIN!! Pick another track FFS or use half a brain this time & use a different track layout, they have 3 at EC (Don't get me started with 4 round in a row last year & same layout every time).

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Joe5619 on January 25, 2022, 09:14:08 AM
For the love of God, why EC AGAIN!! Pick another track FFS or use half a brain this time & use a different track layout, they have 3 at EC (Don't get me started with 4 round in a row last year & same layout every time).
Yeah, we have to do something different to mix it up.  Different layouts, etc.. 

How about this: Bring in co-drivers.  Run the main drivers in one race, the co-drivers in the other.  Take the aggregate.

Hell, I don't know.... ::)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on January 25, 2022, 09:20:01 AM

How about this: Bring in co-drivers.  Run the main drivers in one race, the co-drivers in the other.  Take the aggregate.

outside the box, why not!

25 lap 'a' driver race followed by 25 lap 'b' driver race on Sat.... follow it up on Sun with a 100 lap 2 driver enduro with grid set by combined finish placings... if 2 teams have the same grid spot then whoever had the better 'a' and 'b' lap time in their races gets the nod.

simplez...

Troy01505

Quote from: Sonic on January 25, 2022, 02:00:43 PM

25 lap 'a' driver race followed by 25 lap 'b' driver race on Sat.... follow it up on Sun with a 100 lap 2 driver enduro with grid set by combined finish placings... if 2 teams have the same grid spot then whoever had the better 'a' and 'b' lap time in their races gets the nod.

simplez...

Yep and all full time drivers paired with an amateur driver from an entry level series.

Sonic

Quote from: Troy01505 on January 26, 2022, 10:31:38 AM
Quote from: Sonic on January 25, 2022, 02:00:43 PM

simplez...

Yep and all full time drivers paired with an amateur driver from an entry level series.

I like it! And then a 'return the favour' race weekend too!

stevo qld

Quote from: REM on February 02, 2022, 10:19:14 AM
Keed back to BJR...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/02/ace-engineer-keed-reunites-with-brad-jones-racing/?fbclid=IwAR3vmnwYPbzG1DzFTsMfTERWahfuyvY5zncK7k5BJN8UkCFLsHo4kAWZ8zk

I wonder at the situation whereby the Race Engineer resides in another State. The actual car preparation and logistics must be done by others.

QuoteScott is pretty excited as well; he'll have an engineer based in Melbourne now at the race team instead of Queensland [where Keed resides].

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/02/team-18-confirms-engineering-reshuffle/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN